flavorgreentea

need help please! i can't sleep...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

it has been three days ago since me and my fiancee arrive here in the u.s but it seems that everything is not right. she came here with i-94 (three months stay) however, one of the agent in the airport found out that she has a fiance here in the u.s that she visit all the time she comes here. now the problem is she got stuck at the airport and being interrogated by one of the agent that works for immgration. she stayed at the airport for more than 2 hours and they keep asking her if she is getting married, i feel uncomfortable at the moment because what about if we did. would the agent do something to stop us? and if we are, why would the agent let her in the u.s? is it because the agent notify the immigration center to alert them that there's a couple that about to do a fraud.

please need your strong advice? all of your answer are strongly appreciated... THANK YOU!

it has been three days ago since me and my fiancee arrive here in the u.s but it seems that everything is not right. she came here with i-94 (three months stay) however, one of the agent in the airport found out that she has a fiance here in the u.s that she visit all the time she comes here. now the problem is she got stuck at the airport and being interrogated by one of the agent that works for immgration. she stayed at the airport for more than 2 hours and they keep asking her if she is getting married, i feel uncomfortable at the moment because what about if we did. would the agent do something to stop us? and if we are, why would the agent let her in the u.s? is it because the agent notify the immigration center to alert them that there's a couple that about to do a fraud.

please need your strong advice? all of your answer are strongly appreciated... THANK YOU!

didi she tell them she was getting married, anyway i dont know much about these things, someone else will post some insight for you...good luck

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/counter/wPykY5y/]

counter.png

[/url]

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If you do get married then you should follow the advice given to you in this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry922415

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't understand your post....is your fiancee here on a tourist visa,fiance(e) visa or waiver program? When you say she has a fiance here....Do you mean you or someone else? I guess I don't understand why she is here with a 3 month stay.

If she is here on a fiance visa than you have to get married within 90 days of her date of entry. If she is here as a tourist and you already have a fiance(e) petition on file for her....than that would alarm the Custom Border Patrol Officers to interrogate her intent to enter this country. If you do not have a petition on file and they suspect that her intent is to get married and immigrate here....than they will question her thoroughly.

Furthermore, if they interrogated her for 2 hours and took her fingerprints, more than likely a background check is in action, as we speak....they are doing a background check to see if she closed any of her bank accounts, lease...etc. prior to her arrival here. They will search for anything that would prove her intent was to immigrate to America. If she is here, they will not stop you from getting married, however, if you decides to petiton for her to stay in the USA as your spouse ...than you just may have some problems, which could result in a lifetime ban and deportation.

FYI...There is a misconception that if you get married to your fiance while they are on vacation here in the USA (while they are here on a tourist visa)that the immigration process would be easy. In some cases that may be true, however, if your intention prior to their arrival on a tourist visa was not to marry than the Consular Officers maybe lenient on you. However, the correct process would be to get married, allow your spouse to go back to there country and than file for a K3 or CR1 visa. Some people think this process takes to long, however, it is following the law and it sure as hell less time consuming than going through the scrutiny during the AOS process. However, I maybe wrong and the other VJ'ers will correct me. Good Luck!!!

Timeline
If you do get married then you should follow the advice given to you in this thread:

YIKES!!!!! I wished I would have read your post before I waste my time providing information. The Custom Border Patrol Officers are setting him up for the kill...they allowed her to enter so they can charge them for "FRAUD" and ban her indefinately.

Do we think agents from Department of Homeland Security and the FBI are excluded from the VisaJorney website???? This is were they get most of their information. Furthermore, did he not realized how many people he could have pissed off with his previous post...all someone had to do was cut and paste his post to the www. DHS. gov. mmmm....on second thought....maybe that is what someone had done...good job :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The facts are not clear. If she has been admitted to the US, she must return to Japan whether you marry or not. You cannot just adjust status. You've already been clearly advised of this.

If she has not been admitted, she may not be. She may be denied entry and sent back to Japan.

In either event, please take the legal route of immigration.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

YIKES!!!!! I wished I would have read your post before I waste my time providing information. The Custom Border Patrol Officers are setting him up for the kill...they allowed her to enter so they can charge them for "FRAUD" and ban her indefinately.

Do we think agents from Department of Homeland Security and the FBI are excluded from the VisaJorney website???? This is were they get most of their information. Furthermore, did he not realized how many people he could have pissed off with his previous post...all someone had to do was cut and paste his post to the www. DHS. gov. mmmm....on second thought....maybe that is what someone had done...good job :thumbs:

Do you know that for an absolute fact? I only posted his previous thread to remind him of what he's already asked.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Do you know that for an absolute fact? I only posted his previous thread to remind him of what he's already asked.

Fact. Do you want me to clarify the fact that this is a public website and people that are employeed by the Federal Government (to include DHS, CPBO, INS) view this website?

Fact. The Federal Employees viewing this site are obligated to report fraud or a case of possible fraud?

Fact. Several members on this site has been waiting for years to get their visa (the legal route) and the OP is thinking about marriage to his fiancee on a tourist visa, prior to her arrival. Fact...this pisses people off and is ammunition to report his case.

Fact. The CBPO gave his fiancee the opportunity at the POE to come clean and IF she told them that she was not intended to marry on a tourist visa and she "happens" to get married during her visit. Fact...she lied to the Custom Border Patrol Officer, Fact..... lying to the Custom Border Patrol Officer is illegal, thus warrants serious consequences to include deportation or lifetime banned. Fact. this is why I stated the CBPO is setting him up for the kill (perhaps not a political correct statement). Have your heard of the statement, "give a man just enough rope to hang himself"

Fact. The OP provided too much information about his case for the CBPO to track and interrogate his fiancee (ie...she was from Japan, he will consult with agencies in Hawaii for assistance...therefore he is living in Hawaii, she was arriving sometime in June for "possible" marriage because he promised her he would marry her, and he signed his post with the name Elie.

Now, the OP is faced with the possibility of committing fraud, especially if his fiance told the officers she was not getting married.

I am not trying to open up a can of worms or make the OP angry, but I am providing you with a few "facts" I discovered from his post after you provided me with the link. It is not so simple now, especially if she informed the CBPO that she WAS not getting married on her visa.

If I am incorrect with my statement...I am certain other VJ'rs will correct me. Thanks.

Timeline

No...you misunderstood....I was asking if you know for a fact that THAT is what is going to happen to the OP and his fiancée?

I am well aware of the facts you stated in your reply. That doesn't necessarily mean that's the case with THIS situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.