Karri

Divorce Decree question in preparation for K-1 filling

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Ok guys,

I have a question. :unsure: First of all, Part one is official, the dissolution of marriage in the state of Ohio was approved on June 20th! :dance: I got 4 certified copies that day (just in case lol) and to my horror and shock I was confused.

The first two pages consist of the decree of dissolution of marriage. On the second page is where the judge would sign (in this case it's a stamp for them) and a stamp saying this is a certified copy with the clerks signature. Both pages also have a raised seal. The space for my ex's attorney, his siggie and my siggie are blank. Is this ok? Can I send in a copy like this with my I-129F packet? Was I supposed to get a certified copy of the original paperwork that we signed or what? ::Scratches her head::

Also attached is the 10 page separation agreement which I'm assuming doesn't need to be included in my packet.

Please help! lol. Should my ex and I sign the certified copies (without the attorney's siggie?) Would I get an RFE for no siggies?

K-1 Visa

9-22-2008 - mailed I-129F

9-29-2008 - Received NOA1 in mail

1-09-2009 - Received NOA2 e-mail notification

2-09-2009 - Packet 3 Received

2-28-2009 - Packet 4 Received

3-02-2009 - Medical

3-23-2009 - Interview, 221g

3-31-2009 - Returned 221g additional evidence request

4-08-2009 - Received visa!!!

4-19-2009 - POE

5-09-2009 - Wedding

AOS

7-03-2009 - mailed AOS

7-10-2009 - Check Cashed, - NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

7-22-2009 - transferred to CSC (rcvd notice in mail 7/27)

8-11-2009 - Biometrics appt scheduled (rcvd in mail on 7/18)

8-25-2009 - I-765 & I-131 approved

12-03-2009 - GC approval email

12-10-2009 - GC rcvd in mail!

ROC

10-12-2011 - mailed ROC

10-14-2011 - NOA1

11-07-2011 - Bio Appt

02-27-2012 - GC approval email

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Ok guys,

I have a question. :unsure: First of all, Part one is official, the dissolution of marriage in the state of Ohio was approved on June 20th! :dance: I got 4 certified copies that day (just in case lol) and to my horror and shock I was confused.

The first two pages consist of the decree of dissolution of marriage. On the second page is where the judge would sign (in this case it's a stamp for them) and a stamp saying this is a certified copy with the clerks signature. Both pages also have a raised seal. The space for my ex's attorney, his siggie and my siggie are blank. Is this ok? Can I send in a copy like this with my I-129F packet? Was I supposed to get a certified copy of the original paperwork that we signed or what? ::Scratches her head::

Also attached is the 10 page separation agreement which I'm assuming doesn't need to be included in my packet.

Please help! lol. Should my ex and I sign the certified copies (without the attorney's siggie?) Would I get an RFE for no siggies?

I'm not sure about the signatures but you don't need the separation agreement. Generally, they are looking for a certification that the divorce was finalized, not the terms.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

I think it's odd that the clerk certified a copy without all the signatures.

I'd probably make a call to the clerk's office before i sent that baby out. It might be standard procedure for Ohio but it's not in WV.

*edited to add that a Clerk's office normally wouldn't make a colossal mistake. I'm wondering if what you have is something other than the final decree.*

Edited by rebeccajo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.