no name

UK posts being made invisible

253 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

My comments even tho' no one really cares: :P

I think the mods are doing a great job. It's a thin line to walk sometimes.

I totally agree with the post RJ made earlier in the thread....

Swirls, you always crack me up. :P

and, most importantly, Laura I love your personal title...."ain't no bugs on me" I loveeeeeeeee that commercial..that puppy is SO cute!!! :lol:

M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Going forward, I'd like to see:

- invisibility as last result. It is big brother & unneccessary unless racist, threatening, etc.

- warnings to chill out

- consistency in which posts get censored

- less bias

-If a threadmust be name changed, say why. This thread had no business being renamed, or moved.

I do appreciate your work, mods!

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a sh!t what Devilette would like to see? I wasn't aware she had suddenly become board owner.

suggestions were asked for Platy. :star:

Sorry.... I got through most of the first page and all I saw was "Me! Me! Me!" type stuff, and it really got to me.

Sorry to lal or me?

Lal

yeah, I doubted you would admit you spoke out of turn, let alone apologize for it.

Edited by devilette

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just don't think for one second that Mags wouldn't ban my ### - she would.

Damn right I would.

and banished to the couch too :D

LAL_MOD.jpgMODSIAN-1.jpg

Now Yodrak needs a hat to make it all complete...

i'd have to hear from him first :unsure:

He needs a ninja bunny hat.

images.jpg

anyone even know what yodrak looks like? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

But then HA's posts were never made invisible and I see PlatyPius's post 7 ish back hasn't either, when it clearly should, so there's no point in this thread really.

It's not what you know, it's who you know?

If Mags is asked to ban me, she will. I expect no special treatment. I simply have no tolerance for those who habitually go from thread to thread making snippy little comments to people who didn't deserve it. With the person in question, this has been an escalating habit - more since "organizer" was added to her title.

As for others, I don't know if Ewok even knows that Mags is my wife. I wouldn't expect that to affect his decisions, though. Mags has asked me to chill out, so I will do so. She doesn't want me to put her in an "awkward position". After making a few crude comments to her, I pointed out that it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. If I get in trouble, I get in trouble. I can only take so much of the "oh! I'm so persecuted! Look at all of the people picking on me!!!" martyr ####### before I have to say something. I've done so now, and will shut up about it.

I wasn't talking just about Mags. The fact that all 3 mods AND the Capt were contributing to the thread, I would have expected someone to at least publicly say something to you apart from "suggestions were asked for"

But nevermind, the topic seems to be on hats now, which is obviously the BIG dilemma on VJ.

:rolleyes:

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

But then HA's posts were never made invisible and I see PlatyPius's post 7 ish back hasn't either, when it clearly should, so there's no point in this thread really.

If Mags is asked to ban me, she will. I expect no special treatment. I simply have no tolerance for those who habitually go from thread to thread making snippy little comments to people who didn't deserve it. With the person in question, this has been an escalating habit - more since "organizer" was added to her title.

As for others, I don't know if Ewok even knows that Mags is my wife. I wouldn't expect that to affect his decisions, though. Mags has asked me to chill out, so I will do so. She doesn't want me to put her in an "awkward position". After making a few crude comments to her, I pointed out that it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. If I get in trouble, I get in trouble. I can only take so much of the "oh! I'm so persecuted! Look at all of the people picking on me!!!" martyr ####### before I have to say something. I've done so now, and will shut up about it.

I wasn't talking just about Mags. The fact that all 3 mods AND the Capt were contributing to the thread, I would have expected someone to at least publicly say something to you apart from "suggestions were asked for"

But nevermind, the topic seems to be on hats now, which is obviously the BIG dilemma on VJ.

Well, my reply WAS deleted for being "borderline"....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Going forward, I'd like to see:

- invisibility as last result. It is big brother & unneccessary unless racist, threatening, etc.

- warnings to chill out

- consistency in which posts get censored

- less bias

-If a threadmust be name changed, say why. This thread had no business being renamed, or moved.

I do appreciate your work, mods!

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a sh!t what Devilette would like to see? I wasn't aware she had suddenly become board owner.

suggestions were asked for Platy. :star:

Sorry.... I got through most of the first page and all I saw was "Me! Me! Me!" type stuff, and it really got to me.

Sorry to lal or me?

Lal

yeah, I doubted you would admit you spoke out of turn, let alone apologize for it.

:o

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

LOL Your posts are brutally honest and funny to boot.

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Yeah, I've been accused of brutal honesty before. If it tells you anything about me, I used to have a website called Misanthropic.Info lol

I just call it like I see it. I hate euphamisms, politically correct speech, "martyrs" and whiners. After being this way for many years now, my foot fits perfectly in my mouth without any pain.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not all of us are online 24 hours of the day, hence the lack of comments. I wasn't online until about 2 hours after that comment and Lal's post calmed things down for the interim. The Captain went back later to remove the offending post. I really don't see the problem to be honest.

Hats are cool.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
anyone even know what yodrak looks like? :unsure:

yodmaha.jpg

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Most people here know I hated when the 'organizers' got their titles. I thought it would be a power trippy thing, and I do believe there was an element of that abounding for quite some time. However, I think the mods are doing a great job. That's what they do...they moderate...and since there are mods now, I think people need to realize that they will do what they feel is right...not 'go along with the populus'...which I think is the problem here. Regardless of what everyone thinks of Mags the poster as being cool etc...she's made a decision that's caught her some flak...but more power to her for doing what she feels is right.

The irony of it being in defense of HA is not lost on me...and if many of you paid more attn to history, I think you'd all know what I mean. I think history plays a big part of this whole debacle with many different aspects, and the motives seem much clearer to those who know what's what.

YES, HA is an outspoken & sometimes abrasive person. I didn't get along with her for quite some time. However, we got past that. But even if we hadn't, I wouldn't use that as justification to have a pop at her when her world's just been thrown upside down. YES there are two sides to every story, but at the end of the day, her husband dropped the D bomb 3 days before they emigrated, and that must have been astoundingly shocking. And she came here for some support...maybe some strength in cameraderie or summat...and if you had nowt nice to say, you shouldn't have said owt.

I think Rebecca's comment could have been taken in a smug way. 'I guess you never saw it coming' means what? How does that help anything? Then she said 'We can still offer support to HA without feeding HA's anger. I believe as a mature woman and a thorough thinker she will be able to accept that.' To me that can be taken as condescending. I couldn't even imagine my anger if I were in HA's shoes. Could any of you? Could you think 'oh let me not feel consolation in anger?' It's one of the steps of grief for fock's sake!

And if you look at the history between HA & Becca, it's no great suprise that HA would be annoyed by it...because since text is so one-dimensional, things can easily be misconstrued (if it wasn't meant nastily). But when you read the next thing Becca said I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt is all. ...what's that mean, exactly? This woman has lived 6 years in a place where she clearly hated for a man she loved...was desperately homesick, and three days before coming home, her husband drops this. He didn't tell her months or years ago, but instead 3 days before he's supposed to move here. Why does HA need the 'benefit of the doubt' that she's a 'mature woman and thorough thinker'? or when HA asked Becca to leave the thread, Becca left with Like I said earlier, I hope you can get your head around this before you leave.

Anyone would be in a rage if they were in HA's shoes. Jeez. And could anyone 'get their head round it' in 3 days? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

No, this place shouldn't become the lollipop gang but surely we're all adults here and don't have to carry over personal history in a thread where a woman is sorting her shock for just being told what she was. Three days before moving...omG, I couldn't even imagine how she's dealing with it. I saw some of the posts made invis and I thought they were uncalled for.

The censorship thing is so out of hand...that has started ever since the whole 'other board' thing. I feel a bit like West Side Story with the Jets & the Sharks. And since that scenario, many of the long time posters have really changed their style. Bottom line really is that there is no VJ Consititution...E can do what he wants here. There are many board owners who say 'cos I said so' but not E...he's bent over backwards to explain things, to accomodate people, to ask for suggestions, etc....

I think Mags made a good call with the thread. I think it's better to make things invis than to lock the thread. I actually happen to think that it's best to just leave the attacks out there....let each person make his/her own choice as to whether or not other posters came in to have a pop at a grieving woman. Says more about them than the OP. Yeah, HA chose to tell us all her personal stuff...but that doesn't give people license en masse to come to the thread and have a pop much like vultures on a dead carcass.

But since we have mods now, we have to abide by their decisions...and I think Mags did a great job here.

HA, if you're reading this...I am so sorry you're going through this, and I hope you come back to check in here. I hope you have a non-eventful, smooth flight, and I wish you the best in starting this new chapter of your life. PM me anytime!

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Most people here know I hated when the 'organizers' got their titles. I thought it would be a power trippy thing, and I do believe there was an element of that abounding for quite some time. However, I think the mods are doing a great job. That's what they do...they moderate...and since there are mods now, I think people need to realize that they will do what they feel is right...not 'go along with the populus'...which I think is the problem here. Regardless of what everyone thinks of Mags the poster as being cool etc...she's made a decision that's caught her some flak...but more power to her for doing what she feels is right.

The irony of it being in defense of HA is not lost on me...and if many of you paid more attn to history, I think you'd all know what I mean. I think history plays a big part of this whole debacle with many different aspects, and the motives seem much clearer to those who know what's what.

YES, HA is an outspoken & sometimes abrasive person. I didn't get along with her for quite some time. However, we got past that. But even if we hadn't, I wouldn't use that as justification to have a pop at her when her world's just been thrown upside down. YES there are two sides to every story, but at the end of the day, her husband dropped the D bomb 3 days before they emigrated, and that must have been astoundingly shocking. And she came here for some support...maybe some strength in cameraderie or summat...and if you had nowt nice to say, you shouldn't have said owt.

I think Rebecca's comment could have been taken in a smug way. 'I guess you never saw it coming' means what? How does that help anything? Then she said 'We can still offer support to HA without feeding HA's anger. I believe as a mature woman and a thorough thinker she will be able to accept that.' To me that can be taken as condescending. I couldn't even imagine my anger if I were in HA's shoes. Could any of you? Could you think 'oh let me not feel consolation in anger?' It's one of the steps of grief for fock's sake!

And if you look at the history between HA & Becca, it's no great suprise that HA would be annoyed by it...because since text is so one-dimensional, things can easily be misconstrued (if it wasn't meant nastily). But when you read the next thing Becca said I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt is all. ...what's that mean, exactly? This woman has lived 6 years in a place where she clearly hated for a man she loved...was desperately homesick, and three days before coming home, her husband drops this. He didn't tell her months or years ago, but instead 3 days before he's supposed to move here. Why does HA need the 'benefit of the doubt' that she's a 'mature woman and thorough thinker'? or when HA asked Becca to leave the thread, Becca left with Like I said earlier, I hope you can get your head around this before you leave.

Anyone would be in a rage if they were in HA's shoes. Jeez. And could anyone 'get their head round it' in 3 days? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

No, this place shouldn't become the lollipop gang but surely we're all adults here and don't have to carry over personal history in a thread where a woman is sorting her shock for just being told what she was. Three days before moving...omG, I couldn't even imagine how she's dealing with it. I saw some of the posts made invis and I thought they were uncalled for.

The censorship thing is so out of hand...that has started ever since the whole 'other board' thing. I feel a bit like West Side Story with the Jets & the Sharks. And since that scenario, many of the long time posters have really changed their style. Bottom line really is that there is no VJ Consititution...E can do what he wants here. There are many board owners who say 'cos I said so' but not E...he's bent over backwards to explain things, to accomodate people, to ask for suggestions, etc....

I think Mags made a good call with the thread. I think it's better to make things invis than to lock the thread. I actually happen to think that it's best to just leave the attacks out there....let each person make his/her own choice as to whether or not other posters came in to have a pop at a grieving woman. Says more about them than the OP. Yeah, HA chose to tell us all her personal stuff...but that doesn't give people license en masse to come to the thread and have a pop much like vultures on a dead carcass.

But since we have mods now, we have to abide by their decisions...and I think Mags did a great job here.

HA, if you're reading this...I am so sorry you're going through this, and I hope you come back to check in here. I hope you have a non-eventful, smooth flight, and I wish you the best in starting this new chapter of your life. PM me anytime!

Beautifully stated Lisa! You really hit the nail on the head in summing up the event. Thanks! :thumbs:

Not all of us are online 24 hours of the day, hence the lack of comments. I wasn't online until about 2 hours after that comment and Lal's post calmed things down for the interim. The Captain went back later to remove the offending post. I really don't see the problem to be honest.

Hats are cool.

Wow, did it? It sure didn't to me. But you were probably too busy discussing your hat color to notice. Not to mention the fact he's your husband. The Capn removed it from his original post, it shows in many that follow(which I brought up, but it was ignored), kinda defeats the purpose, no? :wacko:

And it you posted in the same thread, 35 minutes after his post, as well, hardly 2 hours.

This thread started as a question about censoring. Many of my initial questions to the mods who censored me & others - got ignored, in lieu of hat discussion, I think. The Capn tried to bring it around to new suggestions & that has failed. Please close this thread as it serves no purpose.

Edited by devilette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.