bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Ok, in addition to the contacts sent to by the press release for the Hershey Kisses I sent info to Lou Dobbs, Associated Press, the Drudge Report, and WTOP News radio in DC. Anybody have any other ideas?

I guess a press release isn't all it takes and it seems to me that this is newsworthy?! Somebody should give us a little notice :help:

I contacted the Washington Post about the article they had on the front page about 4 weeks ago about K1 Visas and aske about any follow up they would be doing....in fact that was how I found VJ.....and they said they had little response to the article even though they ran it front page......I was disappointed......so I thought about writing letters to the editors....but in this area people are crazy about illegal immigration and they are lumping us into that catagory...and then of course you have the woman from Lebenon who had a sham marriage and became a CIA operative....It could not be any worst timing.....I sent out email to all of the Congress and got a couple of auto response....Senator Martinez if Florida responded with a.....We know about USCIS...they are the worse agency in the government....If that is true then why is the Gonzalez guy still have his job??????.......I just want to rip something up.....augh........anyway I am calling my Congressman again....It has been 2 weeks since they told me that our file was assigned to a case worker......he or she must of gotten lost coming to work because I have nothing as of 20 minutes ago........Lora

Hmmm, sounds like it is easier to get a job at the CIA than it is to get a k1 :wacko:

I bet if I sent a press release that I kidnapped paris hilton's friggin dog the press would be camped in my yard within hours!!!

Perhaps because you didn't go through someone like, say, the Associated Press, it didn't get noticed by a lot of people?

I don't know, really.

Maybe the only thing that would get noticed is a full-scale protest in front of DHS.

Actually, I am confident the press release service sent it to ap. They sent it to every news outlet. I also checked the ap website and sent the release myself to the address they have for it.

You are probably right though, only something like a protest with people getting arrested or something would get noticed.

I also think if we were 'undocumented' or here on H1B we would get more sympathy as well.

Oh well, I hope they think about us when eating the Hersheys :blush:

:whistle: I just had another brilliant idea -

Ok, so far the press release and other attempts to get others to circulate our Hershey's protest has not been much help.

But the purpose was to 1) let VSC know we're tired of waiting 2) get sympathy from the public, and 3) let politicians know our plight.

We might be foiled in number 2, but we accomplished the first and I have an idea on how to succeed with number 3 yet.

We can send our congressmen/women and senators the press release DIRECTLY by email. They all actually read these emails from constituents and it would be a way to follow up on our past complaints to them about the process so they know it's ongoing. The press release is at this link :

hersheys press release

Let's make this work for us :thumbs:

PS can someone post the links to email ur congress people and senator, thanks! :help:

I was thinking about going to Washington and personally giving the offices the press release and a copy of the Washington Post Article .....but this being Thanksgiving week I am not sure there would be very many of them there......Holidays with there love ones....Not that I can do that........My loved one is in Peru....I have an uncle who is a lobbiest for a large law firm who I am going to quiz about the art of lobbying....Even when this is finished for Oscar and I and he is here....I still think this needs to be fixed and Mr. Gonzalez needs to be held accountable for the mess this agency is in.....Just my thoughts....Lora

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Alright! Chile had a earthquake on wednesday and just now, just 2 minutes ago we just had a tremble...I didn't know what to do....all I thought was about my laptop and didn't move! hehehe! It was a short one but the building shaked.... :wacko:

Please be careful Mirla...

Thanks amrssnowangel! I survived a 7.9 earthquake on august and 1000 aftershocks, hehehe..This must be another aftershocks I guess...Chile is our neighbor country so I think maybe it has something to do with that earthquake...

Talking about the earthquake in Chile...Lora, Is Oscar alright? I hear in some parts of Arequipa felt the earthquake but it wasn't that strong...

Lets face it...this was just the earth rumbling under us VSC'ers stomping our feet to get our noa2's....

Timeline

VSC better start to crank out more approvals to make my SO happy by the holidays... :wacko: This is starting to drive HIM nuts for the FIRST time since we started...there were three of us with an noa1 date of 6/19...two of those were approved...One (thats us) hasn't heard yet...So now he is worried something is wrong..that we will be denied or have to wait longer for RFE. Pray for him that God gives him strength.

Timeline
VSC better start to crank out more approvals to make my SO happy by the holidays... :wacko: This is starting to drive HIM nuts for the FIRST time since we started...there were three of us with an noa1 date of 6/19...two of those were approved...One (thats us) hasn't heard yet...So now he is worried something is wrong..that we will be denied or have to wait longer for RFE. Pray for him that God gives him strength.

Same here....Oscar had prepared his life to be here with me for the holidays and now that will not happen.....We have people getting NOA2 now a couple of weeks after ours and we here nothing.....Oscar keeps asking me about ...WHY???? and I keep saying....I DO NOT KNOW........vsc is inept....vsc is lazy....vsc is managed badly....vsc just does not care....You choose.......this is very frustrating...Lora

Timeline

Same here....Oscar had prepared his life to be here with me for the holidays and now that will not happen.....We have people getting NOA2 now a couple of weeks after ours and we here nothing.....Oscar keeps asking me about ...WHY???? and I keep saying....I DO NOT KNOW........vsc is inept....vsc is lazy....vsc is managed badly....vsc just does not care....You choose.......this is very frustrating...Lora

It is frustrating..I keep telling him its all in God's timing..but i know this knowledge doesn't always make one feel any better. We have a huge wait on the other end to. 4-5 months AFTER interview is the Cairo Embassy average to wait...some have waited a year AFTER the interview for AP to end. Its horrific what they put these people through. Amr is just worried we will end up with RFE..but I had past names used...past marriages to verify...and one with an immigrant here on J1 when we married...so I'm sure they will take a hard llook at our petition. Plus with our age gap..him from a "high risk" country. Im not worried...just suspect we will have a bit more of a wait...he just sees others getting from our time area...and wants to be here so much to. Actually, its the FIRST time he's been this way...up till now its been ME.

Timeline

It is frustrating..I keep telling him its all in God's timing..but i know this knowledge doesn't always make one feel any better. We have a huge wait on the other end to. 4-5 months AFTER interview is the Cairo Embassy average to wait...some have waited a year AFTER the interview for AP to end. Its horrific what they put these people through. Amr is just worried we will end up with RFE..but I had past names used...past marriages to verify...and one with an immigrant here on J1 when we married...so I'm sure they will take a hard llook at our petition. Plus with our age gap..him from a "high risk" country. Im not worried...just suspect we will have a bit more of a wait...he just sees others getting from our time area...and wants to be here so much to. Actually, its the FIRST time he's been this way...up till now its been ME.

I think Oscar and Amir(?) should talk....our stories have alot in common besides you and I being neighbors....Oscar has been telling me for months to have patiences but this Irish American girl from New Jersey has none......Now yesterday he was the one going on and on about the length of time this is taking......and I am the one saying we are so close have patiences......but to be honest I am just about at an end.....that is why I keep trying to come up with things to try......call people...email people.....talk to everyone but nothing is working......and we all are at USCIS's mercy and God's grace......Lora

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS on all recent approvals :dance:

Happy for you guys !!! :dance:

K-1 Visa journey:

January '04: met in the USA

21st June '07: sent the I-129

06th November '07 - APPROVED, FINALLY !!!

19th December '07:Medical

20th December '07: Interview Date

21st December '07: VISA IN HAND

18th January '08: Leaving to US !

12th February '08: received SSN

14th March '08: WEDDING DATE

AOS journey:

04th April '08: AOS package sent

11th April '08: Notice date on all 3 NOA's (15 April in the mail)

07th May '08: Biometrics (done)

02nd May '08: Driver's license received

09th May '08: AOS transferred to CSC

15th May '08: AOS is pending at CSC (CRIS email)

18th May '08: AOS touched

04th/09th June '08: EAD Card production ordered (CRIS email) (2 e-mails on different days)

04th June '08: AP approved (CRIS email)

10th June '08: AP in the mail

12th June '08: Approval notice for I765 sent (EAD) (CRIS email)

14th June '08: EAD in the mail

17th June '08: 2nd visit to SS Office - changed my last name on the card

18th/19th June '08: AOS touched

28th June '08: SS card received with a new last name (in the mail)

14th August '08: GC ORDERED (Cris email) !!!

19th August '08: GC and welcoming letter received

Timeline

Of It is frustrating..I keep telling him its all in God's timing..but i know this knowledge doesn't always make one feel any better. We have a huge wait on the other end to. 4-5 months AFTER interview is the Cairo Embassy average to wait...some have waited a year AFTER the interview for AP to end. Its horrific what they put these people through. Amr is just worried we will end up with RFE..but I had past names used...past marriages to verify...and one with an immigrant here on J1 when we married...so I'm sure they will take a hard llook at our petition. Plus with our age gap..him from a "high risk" country. Im not worried...just suspect we will have a bit more of a wait...he just sees others getting from our time area...and wants to be here so much to. Actually, its the FIRST time he's been this way...up till now its been ME.

I think Oscar and Amir(?) should talk....our stories have alot in common besides you and I being neighbors....Oscar has been telling me for months to have patiences but this Irish American girl from New Jersey has none......Now yesterday he was the one going on and on about the length of time this is taking......and I am the one saying we are so close have patiences......but to be honest I am just about at an end.....that is why I keep trying to come up with things to try......call people...email people.....talk to everyone but nothing is working......and we all are at USCIS's mercy and God's grace......Lora

You have to things in common with Pat, Irish American and patience cause I know you have it!!!! :D

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

kill.gif

;)

Thanks! Keep your heads down people! :lol:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:dancing: :joy: 36 VSC approvals so far this month :dancing: :joy:

now it's 37! :)

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Are you approved?????

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Timeline

Are you approved?????

lol, I WISH. sorry, didn't mean to give that impression! I just went to the timelines and saw that the total is now 37 for November. :innocent:

K1

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

07.10.08 - check cashed

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You got me all excited!!!!!!! :angry: LOL....

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Timeline

Well, I really do wish it was me that was the 37th!! Does that count? ;)

K1

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

07.10.08 - check cashed

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.