bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yeap you are right..its a hopeless issue....I try to hard to stay positive...Dont u think I cry to at night over this stupid process?? But do you think thats what other WANT to hear??? Be my guest..YOU can be the bearer of negativity...as for me..I've had enough of it here. I can't continue with the constant down plays and hopelessness....come on....where is your compassion for those that need a boost? Huh? Its hard enough waiting...When was your noa1??

Im done...im not sure I"ll be back for a bit...I can't handle this anymore...I h urt to...but I can't handle the extra load of "reality" everyone shoves out. Sorry...Thats me venting...and yes...I took offense to your comments that I've been saying this for months...but it never hurts to TRY to stay positive and HOPE for the best Bill....

DON'T LEAVE!!

I totally agree with you and get extremely frustrated with the choice to be negative on this board. There are some things in life we can't do anything about and this is one of them so we should be supporting each other to get through it instead of sending each other to the pharmacist for more Xanax. Byron had made a topic for venting, labeled venting, I was hoping that would catch on so some of the pessism would leave the board, but no such luck. So we're sitting ducks. I certainly want to try to stay positive. Everyone here needs to vent sometimes, the problem is when 99 out of 100 of your posts are venting, then it brings everyone else down. Let's try to get through this together.

Maybe someone should start a thread for group hugs and pom poms. Maybe it would do better than a separate thread for venting. I appreciate the realism from those presenting it in our thread...the May folks represent the most senior members in the thread and have suffered the longest. If the baby is ugly, it's an ugly baby no matter how you look at it. VSC is an ugly baby. Approving 1 person in how long isn't such great service to us...there is no rationalization that helps our situation. They (USCIS as an entity) is failing us--dishing out terrible service to US citizens is a disgrace to the US. On top of that, this process is for many of our loved ones, their first impression of our country. What an awful representation...disgusting actually.

Good luck to everyone...Me and my poms poms will check emails....

Byron, Soch, Mirla...your day IS coming. It is. Just hang in there...stay positive if you can. Find that place in life where you can change what you can, and just accept what you can't change. Do what you can to be heard. You have voices...use them. Don't give up...this mountain you are climbing right now..is just a spot of sand in the grand scheme of things. One day this WILL be behind you. Im praying for each of you by name......

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

It's 4.05pm here.....after the last earthquake, people has been talking that today was supposed to be an earthquake before 7pm......so far nothing has happened but I'm just wondering......could it be true????

People has been telling a story about this old man with a long white beard who appeared to some woman and also to another lady in a supermarket saying that there was going to be an earthquake 3 hours away from my city......it happened....and another one on october 18th in my city!!!!........I looked for it online....just for the heck of it... :blush: and more people is talking about the same story......a friend also told me that this man told her friend about this story......hahaha! It's like an urban legend...hahaha! I don't know....if you don't hear from me in the next 3 hours....then you know my house is all in ruins, no laptop and only God knows if I'll be alive.......hahahaha!

I better get ready, you never know :D:lol: :lol:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Timeline

VSC!!!!! Come on!!! This is a true story!!!! Give me my approval!!!!!!! :D

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So Bill, tell me...why CANT i stay [positive...out of those here...you'd think I'd have the RIGHT to be negative...

Sorry if I offended anyone or you Bill. I just sometimes dont understand why you can't just be positive. We are all realistic here..we KNOW the wait times we are looking at. Just TRY for once to see the glass as half full and NOT half empty.

You have every right to be positive, and I don't think Bill was telling you to be negative. But he and others have every right to be negative or realistic or however people choose to see it, as much as every other person has a right to be positive. I'm not trying to attack you personally, amrssnowangel, I'm just trying to say that there are people on this board with different needs. Personally, I find it hard to listen to the constant cheering for VSC when the pace is barely moving... but I wouldn't want to discourage people from doing that or trying to be positive about it because that is what they need to do. I just read on and try to take from it what I can.

...I appreciate the realism from those presenting it in our thread...the May folks represent the most senior members in the thread and have suffered the longest. If the baby is ugly, it's an ugly baby no matter how you look at it. VSC is an ugly baby. Approving 1 person in how long isn't such great service to us...there is no rationalization that helps our situation. They (USCIS as an entity) is failing us--dishing out terrible service to US citizens is a disgrace to the US. On top of that, this process is for many of our loved ones, their first impression of our country. What an awful representation...disgusting actually.

LOL, wonderful analogy.

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
So Bill, tell me...why CANT i stay [positive...out of those here...you'd think I'd have the RIGHT to be negative...

Sorry if I offended anyone or you Bill. I just sometimes dont understand why you can't just be positive. We are all realistic here..we KNOW the wait times we are looking at. Just TRY for once to see the glass as half full and NOT half empty.

You have every right to be positive, and I don't think Bill was telling you to be negative. But he and others have every right to be negative or realistic or however people choose to see it, as much as every other person has a right to be positive. I'm not trying to attack you personally, amrssnowangel, I'm just trying to say that there are people on this board with different needs. Personally, I find it hard to listen to the constant cheering for VSC when the pace is barely moving... but I wouldn't want to discourage people from doing that or trying to be positive about it because that is what they need to do. I just read on and try to take from it what I can.

Not only that but you have to realise that different people cope with things in different ways. Some people find it extremely hard to stay positive when they aren't seeing anything happen. Some people have to vent to make themselves feel better.

Don't leave just because someone is blowing off a bit of steam. We all have days like that!

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

...I appreciate the realism from those presenting it in our thread...the May folks represent the most senior members in the thread and have suffered the longest. If the baby is ugly, it's an ugly baby no matter how you look at it. VSC is an ugly baby. Approving 1 person in how long isn't such great service to us...there is no rationalization that helps our situation. They (USCIS as an entity) is failing us--dishing out terrible service to US citizens is a disgrace to the US. On top of that, this process is for many of our loved ones, their first impression of our country. What an awful representation...disgusting actually.

LOL, wonderful analogy.

I was certainly not trying to chase anybody from our thread, but I am just as sick of hearing people root for VSC as they are of hearing me criticize them. When it is time for me to root and be happy I will...that day won't come until VSC proves to me that they are treating us reasonably and timely. I am not only down on them because I have been waiting since May, but I am also considering the impact this will have and is having on the July, August, etc etc filers until they get their ####### together. I know that most of us complaining the loudest are also doing all we can do outside of VJs to influence a positive change; writing congressmen in and out of our states, writing USCIS and DHS officials, media, etc, etc. We need to channel all our energy into turning the USCIS negative trend around and not use it to cheer for them while they give us atrocious service. I agree to be hopeful that eventually it will come, but I see nothing wrong with sharing our frustration and teaming to influence positive change.

I actually wish amrssnowangel the best with her loved one and hope they are together sooner rather than later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL, wonderful analogy.

I was certainly not trying to chase anybody from our thread, but I am just as sick of hearing people root for VSC as they are of hearing me criticize them. When it is time for me to root and be happy I will...that day won't come until VSC proves to me that they are treating us reasonably and timely. I am not only down on them because I have been waiting since May, but I am also considering the impact this will have and is having on the July, August, etc etc filers until they get their ####### together. I know that most of us complaining the loudest are also doing all we can do outside of VJs to influence a positive change; writing congressmen in and out of our states, writing USCIS and DHS officials, media, etc, etc. We need to channel all our energy into turning the USCIS negative trend around and not use it to cheer for them while they give us atrocious service. I agree to be hopeful that eventually it will come, but I see nothing wrong with sharing our frustration and teaming to influence positive change.

I actually wish amrssnowangel the best with her loved one and hope they are together sooner rather than later.

I think it's an ugly baby personally, but IMO there is a little men are from mars women are from venus thing going on here... i.e., seems women like the cheering on vsc? men a little more demanding?

:whistle:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline

LOL, wonderful analogy.

I think it's an ugly baby personally, but IMO there is a little men are from mars women are from venus thing going on here... i.e., seems women like the cheering on vsc? men a little more demanding?

:whistle:

I have the book right here on my desk!!!!! :D

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Timeline

Alright!!! 40 minutes left and I'm still alive!!!!! No earthquake :D

But still, VSC!!! give me my approval :D Please!? :unsure:

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Bob and Kim,

I couldn't have said it better myself. I swallow hard and cruise past all the cheering every time I log on because I really didn't understand WHY..... but dared not say anything because I know we all share this board (and I usually only try and post when it's relevant to the topic at hand).....and we all have the same desire, ultimately.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being positive, but I just don't feel that way right now and 'there ain't no faking it'. I feel positive and motivated by this board when we are all pulling together and fighting the system, when someone gets an approval and when I see people like 'Zee', who already has her approval, still hanging in here and supporting the rest of us.

There are probably quite a few of us who have thought about leaving here and never coming back. I say if you feel that way, take a couple of days off and return when you are ready; no one is going to deprive me of this valuable resource because I'll probably need this site and all your support for at least the next three years. :wacko:

As for the "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" thing.....I don't know, I'm quite demanding and I want results, NOW!!! :angry:

Edited by U.S. Wendy

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

I agree. People may "take it out" on the adjudicators, but I think it's because there are no adjudicators here to defend themselves, and they don't really care what we say anyway -- so why not!

It's perfectly healthy to blow off steam, and that's what this thread is for! (it helped keep me sane!)

Not only that but you have to realise that different people cope with things in different ways. Some people find it extremely hard to stay positive when they aren't seeing anything happen. Some people have to vent to make themselves feel better.

Don't leave just because someone is blowing off a bit of steam. We all have days like that!

NOA1 - May 18th

NOA2 - October 18th

NVC Received - Oct. 22

Packet 3 Received - Nov. 9

Interview - Nov. 27 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Delayed until December 6th

K1 in hand - December 6th!!!!!!!!!!

Arrived in the U.S. - December 12th!

MARRIED December 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Bob and Kim,

I couldn't have said it better myself. I swallow hard and cruise past all the cheering every time I log on because I really didn't understand WHY..... but dared not say anything because I know we all share this board (and I usually only try and post when it's relevant to the topic at hand).....and we all have the same desire, ultimately.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being positive, but I just don't feel that way right now and 'there ain't no faking it'. I feel positive and motivated by this board when we are all pulling together and fighting the system, when someone gets an approval and when I see people like 'Zee', who already has her approval, still hanging in here and supporting the rest of us.

There are probably quite a few of us who have thought about leaving here and never coming back. I say if you feel that way, take a couple of days off and return when you are ready; no one is going to deprive me of this valuable resource because I'll probably need this site and all your support for at least the next three years. :wacko:

As for the "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" thing.....I don't know, I'm quite demanding and I want results, NOW!!! :angry:

When I first started posting on this thread I was optimistic about getting an approval in 90 days. As the weeks and months went by, it has been increasingly more difficult to keep any semblance of a positive attitude, although sometimes I do try to for my own sanity (depression is a nasty creature). In addition, people who had been approved last year or earlier, were coming on this thread and calling everybody "whiners" and reciting ridiculous cliches such as "waiting never killed anyone".

I got beat up on here several times for espressing may opinion because it was not what someone wanted to hear, even though I think most people were thinking the same thing ( we all know that opinions are like xxx and everyone has one). So I made the decision not to express my true feelings on this website regarding USCIS or their employees. If I do say something, it is in a joking way or an attempt to be positve in a realistic manner.

I thought this website was for EVERYONE to express whatever. Maybe I am wrong.

Timeline

If some people want to leave after they get their approvals....then good bye :D but when I get my approval....I ain't going nowhere!!!!! All of you people became part of my life and were here with me everyday, sharing emotions, thoughts and giving each other support!!!! And that's not easy no find. I'm very thankful to have found this website and found you guys.

This thread is part of my daily life.....it brings my hopes up....sometimes it makes me feel a little bit sad cause I don't see any action but hey! when this is over and when we all get our @sses or SO's asses to the US, I still wanna be in touch with all of you and instead of sharing together our complains, sadness or frustration about the waiting, we'll be posting funny moments that we have with our SO's like oh.....my fiancee(e) can't stop snoring! or he/she likes zapping....I don't...or he/she uses clean towels everyday to shower....hahahah! You know what I mean......

So once again, I'm not going nowhere!!!!! :D But that's just me you know :D

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Timeline
Bob and Kim,

When I first started posting on this thread I was optimistic about getting an approval in 90 days. As the weeks and months went by, it has been increasingly more difficult to keep any semblance of a positive attitude, although sometimes I do try to for my own sanity (depression is a nasty creature). In addition, people who had been approved last year or earlier, were coming on this thread and calling everybody "whiners" and reciting ridiculous cliches such as "waiting never killed anyone".

I got beat up on here several times for espressing may opinion because it was not what someone wanted to hear, even though I think most people were thinking the same thing ( we all know that opinions are like xxx and everyone has one). So I made the decision not to express my true feelings on this website regarding USCIS or their employees. If I do say something, it is in a joking way or an attempt to be positve in a realistic manner.

I thought this website was for EVERYONE to express whatever. Maybe I am wrong.

Ooops! I think I got the last post wrong! Anyways, of course everyone is free to express whatever they feel! If some people don't like it, then #### them! Don't let anybody stop you from saying what you really want to say.....you know....If you want to vent, vent! If you want to talk sh!t about the adjudicators, then do it! And if someone don't like it, then don't read it! Like I do...when I see some negative posts or I start reading some post and know where they are going, I stop reading them.....so if some people don't like positivism, then don't read :) Thank you :D

If you can't take negativity and know it's gonna affect you, stop reading :)

Edited by Mirla

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

People vent in different ways. And sometimes people just want to say what they want to say, no questions asked, no explanation, nothing.

I think that we just need to be aware of that. I know that I have said stuff that people have not been happy with. There have been times when I have avoided several threads (including this one) so that I do not read what I am not ready for or what I know is going to piss me off. I have even banned myself from VJ at times. Some people need that.

In the end VJ is supposed to be a place of support. We are all here because we need to know that there are others who understand our situation, somewhere we can share our stories. We do no one any good by bickering and putting others down.

We need to remember that.

Peace.

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.