deemabrouk

Egypt AP list....

400 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
No offense to you here....but this article started out as a cry for help in the NOA2 waiting. It was originally about work visas and other visas taking priority over family. Personally I dont think it made us look desperate. Sorry you all feel this way. I would NEVER have mentioned names from here without permission. Im sorry you have had to wait so long. I did make mention..but doesn't seem to be appreciated. I could have just thought of myself. Wow...think your doing sth nice.....not my fault the reporter had a different take...we tried...so much for thinking of others...

I know that your intentions were good mashallah. That is not what my point was and I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. My point was regarding the comments to the article online in the comment section. Did you read them? Maybe I could give the reporter the benefit of the doubt but it just seems, as proven by the comments, that the article kind of backfired and instead of making it about the visa process it was made about visajourney specifically.

It's kind of what we were saying about Oprah. Sure people would have the best intentions at heart by talking to her but what will come about in terms of feedback won't be so pretty because unfortunately if you are not directly involved with this process you really have no clue what it feels like.

That's the whole point of vj to some extent. I cannot talk about this stuff to my family or friends in the same way as I can to you all because they can only commiserate to a certain extent and then they reach the point where they cannot relate.

Again, your intentions are appreciated but unfortunately it looks like the message didn't come across that well and I don't really blame you and the other contributers but I do blame the reporter. I'd be po'd if I were you guys and I'd write the reporter my thoughts if I were you.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't feel there is anything wrong with petitioners and beneficiaries speaking out for the cause. And I applaud U.S. Wendy for doing this. The article could have been worded a little differently, but all in all it was ok. I think so many people who read the article got the wrong idea. Perhaps her case wasn't the best case for for rounding up sympathy, but at least she did something about it instead of sitting around moping. People look at her case and just think she is being used for a greencard. Their ages are very different, the beneficiary is a man, etc. we all understand that she is suffering and can relate to her plight. I wish it were one of us that wrote that article and not the reprter that actually did. Hell, they should have allowed Wendy to write it! I can't understand why any members of VJ would feel ashamed or embarrassed. You should be thankful that someone is making an effort to get action.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
No offense to you here....but this article started out as a cry for help in the NOA2 waiting. It was originally about work visas and other visas taking priority over family. Personally I dont think it made us look desperate. Sorry you all feel this way. I would NEVER have mentioned names from here without permission. Im sorry you have had to wait so long. I did make mention..but doesn't seem to be appreciated. I could have just thought of myself. Wow...think your doing sth nice.....not my fault the reporter had a different take...we tried...so much for thinking of others...

I know that your intentions were good mashallah. That is not what my point was and I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. My point was regarding the comments to the article online in the comment section. Did you read them? Maybe I could give the reporter the benefit of the doubt but it just seems, as proven by the comments, that the article kind of backfired and instead of making it about the visa process it was made about visajourney specifically.

It's kind of what we were saying about Oprah. Sure people would have the best intentions at heart by talking to her but what will come about in terms of feedback won't be so pretty because unfortunately if you are not directly involved with this process you really have no clue what it feels like.

That's the whole point of vj to some extent. I cannot talk about this stuff to my family or friends in the same way as I can to you all because they can only commiserate to a certain extent and then they reach the point where they cannot relate.

Again, your intentions are appreciated but unfortunately it looks like the message didn't come across that well and I don't really blame you and the other contributers but I do blame the reporter. I'd be po'd if I were you guys and I'd write the reporter my thoughts if I were you.

Exactly. The reporter could have done a better job of telling the facts and not making Wendy sound desperate or used. It kinda came off that way. I have to agree with this.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

If it came off that i was offended, i'm sincerely sorry, because i don't feel offended by your actions. I'm actually grateful to you for thinking of everyone, that shows what a special person you are. :luv:

What i did and do find offensive was the way alot of people interpreted what we go through, it's just not right and really got me down :( . It does make me rethink about Oprah or any other show, right now it doesn't look like a good idea after all.

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

I am sooooooooooooo sorry....I did misinterpret...hmm gotta hate typed words at times....

You know...it doesnt matter..what matters is we are HEARD...someone WILL get the story and get it right. But we cant just sit and do nothing. No matter how it shows...or how somoene may twist it...we have to be heard. What is going on in MENA is downright nasty.

I found a civil rights group online...I sent a message to see if they can help.. they USED the article on their front page. Look...

http://www.civilrights.org/remote-page.jsp?itemID=32471700

These sites also picked it up to name a few:

http://www.brijit.com/abstract/5954/Findin...-for-Visa-Quest

http://www.civilrights.org/remote-page.jsp?itemID=32471700

http://politics.propeller.com/story/2007/1...-for-visa-quest

http://www.citytools.net/showstory/C198DB6...0-F3337A10A9B7/

http://en.redtram.com/go/65248984/top100/

http://www.mylder.no/go/4579024

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490366

http://jezebel.com/gossip/restricted-impor...here-316293.php (link towards bottom of page)

http://www.my-e-site.com/romanceandrelatio...ashington-post/

http://www.dctourist.net/

http://www.programdown.com/internet-haberl...support-online/

http://globalgeopolitics.net/wordpress/?p=31654 (link half way down)

http://www.my-e-site.com/romanceandrelatio...ashington-post/

This is just the start. But if a civil rights group used that article...would they help MENA petitioners as well waiting???

you can send your story to them at:

http://www.civilrights.org/about/contact_us/

Thanks for clearing things up. I am sorry. I have a mom with Alzheimers, father with Pick's Disease and our NOA2 on hold for who knows how long..then anticipating the AP after interview. Just killing me.

Group hug smiley_huggroup.gif hahahaha. Don't worry about it, it's great everything is clear, and yessssss typing sometimes makes it difficult!!

I'm checking out the links now :thumbs: .

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

I don't see why anyone cares about the comments. Practicly everyone here is hiding behind a screen name and so are those that left the comments. I know it can be hurtful but this is how people feel. There are people on this site that experiance those comments in real life. Like someone mentioned earlier, after 9/11 its not like people are going to welcome young arab men into this country with open arms. Their first impression is going to be the same as most of the people you know. He is using you, haven't you seen not without my daughter, he is going to beat you, bla bla bla.

Visa Journey has so many members now, it was only a matter of time before it was unveiled.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So I'm not the only one who thought the same thing. :thumbs:

From a journalism perspective, this article really pissed me off at how incomplete it was and how little research the reporter actually presented.

But for those of you who actually spoke to her and got her to write it, good for you! But that reporter did none of you any justice :(.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The comments are not important. Whats important is it is getting NATIONAL attention. No matter how the reporter made the article...many would be negative. But Wendy knew going in it was MOSTLY about Visa Journey...NOT about the visa process. We just hoped the reporter would use more of the information we provided regarding the horrible wait times and unfairness of this journey. The main idea...is that we get recognized. There is something about name dropping. So when we email someone like Oprah...we say..Im one of the members of the group recently featured on the front page of the Washington Post..... gives us more credibility. Doesn't matter how many negative commenters there are. We are going to get that no matter how GREAT the articles are written. Either way, Im sure USCIS doesn't like their faults and failures on the front page of the Washington Post. It WILL spread. It takes just one person, one voice to get the ball rolling sometime. This article is ONLY the start.

I don't feel there is anything wrong with petitioners and beneficiaries speaking out for the cause. And I applaud U.S. Wendy for doing this. The article could have been worded a little differently, but all in all it was ok. I think so many people who read the article got the wrong idea. Perhaps her case wasn't the best case for for rounding up sympathy, but at least she did something about it instead of sitting around moping. People look at her case and just think she is being used for a greencard. Their ages are very different, the beneficiary is a man, etc. we all understand that she is suffering and can relate to her plight. I wish it were one of us that wrote that article and not the reprter that actually did. Hell, they should have allowed Wendy to write it! I can't understand why any members of VJ would feel ashamed or embarrassed. You should be thankful that someone is making an effort to get action.

I think she did a very brave thing, and more like this could be encouraged, but people have to realize that it's not just some easily dismissible fifteen-year-olds. It's adults, with the vote, who read the story and thought 'wow this woman is being used for a greencard by a terrorist.' I don't know if my mother's seen the article, but I'd be willing to bet that if she did, she wouldn't even recognize it as the process that her son-in-law went through. The comments ARE important; that's how people who read the article reacted.

This probably doesn't get better on Oprah. Political movements have to be as savvy as politicians. You know why Rosa Parks became famous for not giving up her seat? Because the civil rights people were smart enough to realize that the woman who had gotten tossed off before her, a younger woman (can't remember her name, she may have been a single mom) wouldn't look nearly as sympathetic as an older pious woman. They wanted someone whose motivations and character couldn't be attacked.

You want sympathetic, get allousa's story (got drama, a sick mom, a cute baby, a long wait for someone already legally here once.) Find someone educated and articulate and a couple that looks as 'normal' as possible, maybe someone who lived together a long time overseas. I think it's great to organize, but reactions like the commenters' are going to be the norm, not the exception.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline

I read part of that thread on the Egypt site, and the only thing I can say I agree with is the sentiment that it makes us look weak and codependent for our partners to get here. Like 'omG! how can I eat when he's not here!'

Yes, the waiting is awful....yes, the disparity in wait times between family based petitions and work petitions is upsetting.....but that needs to be highlighted in a non-OTT way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I read part of that thread on the Egypt site, and the only thing I can say I agree with is the sentiment that it makes us look weak and codependent for our partners to get here. Like 'omG! how can I eat when he's not here!'

Yes, the waiting is awful....yes, the disparity in wait times between family based petitions and work petitions is upsetting.....but that needs to be highlighted in a non-OTT way.

Easy for YOU to say...you filed after I did by a month and chances are you will get your noa2 long before me. CSC is working mid June already..Im being told I will have to wait probably past my 6 month mark BY USCIS. So before making comments about how "desperate" you dont want to seem...wait as long as US Wendy did...or many other from months LONG before yours STILL waiting for noa2's or visas to be issued. I wont lie...Im desperate to have my man here because I love him and want my life with him. In no way does desperate to have him here equal codependence. And no matter WHAT we say...even if the beneficiaries were ALL Irish in that article with NO age difference, the reaction would be the SAME. I KNOW..I married an Irishman and my sister in law swore it was for greencard. Doesn't matter what is said or how the reactions will ALWAYS be the same. Because they are not living here when we find them.

Filed: Timeline

Easy for YOU to say...you filed after I did by a month and chances are you will get your noa2 long before me. CSC is working mid June already..Im being told I will have to wait probably past my 6 month mark BY USCIS. So before making comments about how "desperate" you dont want to seem...wait as long as US Wendy did...or many other from months LONG before yours STILL waiting for noa2's or visas to be issued. I wont lie...Im desperate to have my man here because I love him and want my life with him. In no way does desperate to have him here equal codependence. And no matter WHAT we say...even if the beneficiaries were ALL Irish in that article with NO age difference, the reaction would be the SAME. I KNOW..I married an Irishman and my sister in law swore it was for greencard. Doesn't matter what is said or how the reactions will ALWAYS be the same. Because they are not living here when we find them.

Sorry, I find it to be drama & histrionic. You (general you here) managed to make it thru the day before meeting your partner, didn't ya?

For reasons I shall not disclose publicly, my fiance and I haven't seen each other in the flesh for 16 mos.

And no it's not 'easy for me to say' but it's the truth as I see it. I'm not going to ball myself up under the covers and die because this journey of ours has taken so long. It's life. These are our choices and we both knew what we were getting into. And I actually find it especially hard since we lived together for 3 years and now all that's changed as well. So there were a lot of adjustments. But life goes on....we make due and get through the day...since every day is a gift, I'm not going to spend it crying over what I can't change.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it before talking to me about wait times...

This is not real strife. There are people dying right now....mothers burying their sons right now....there are people fighting for their lives right this very second. If this wait is the worst thing that's ever happened to you (general you here), then I envy the life you've had up until this point.

And as far as you saying I was unfair.....well, with the response that this article got, let alone how ridiculously obsessive the author painted VJers, let alone how half azzed an article it was in the first place....well I can't really imagine how anyone could be satisfied with the outcome. It did serve one purpose...couples in int'l romances who previously did not know about VJ now might come here. So it's good for traffic. Ewok can be really happy with it.. As for 'getting the word out'....regular Americans aren't going to give a toss about the 'plight' of a chosen path that we've all willingly pursued. Write your Congressmen/women...lobby for change...but 'getting the word out'? In this day and age, that article will be of more comfort to those concerned with security issues rather than a call to arms for people to help bring about change because we're tired of waiting.

I'd love to be able to respond differently, but I honestly can't in this scenario...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.