Eli the Barrowboy

US Citizen Living Abroad

12 posts in this topic

Hi there,

My gf (soon to be fiance) lives with me in the UK but is from OR originally. WE thought we would apply to the Nebraska Centre but on the London Consulate K-1 info it says "On receipt of the visa applicant's file from the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire, the Immigrant Visa Unit of this Embassy will send the applicant the forms that he or she is required to complete in connection with the administrative processing of the application."

So does she apply with her Northern ireland address or her OR address? And where do we send it? It's bloody complicated!

Thanks!

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi there,

My gf (soon to be fiance) lives with me in the UK but is from OR originally. WE thought we would apply to the Nebraska Centre but on the London Consulate K-1 info it says "On receipt of the visa applicant's file from the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire, the Immigrant Visa Unit of this Embassy will send the applicant the forms that he or she is required to complete in connection with the administrative processing of the application."

So does she apply with her Northern ireland address or her OR address? And where do we send it? It's bloody complicated!

Thanks!

R

Send it to Nebraska. All cases pass through NVC before they go to the Consulates. NVC is not USCIS. It is Dept. of State. You will want to note her Oregon address as permanent but if she's staying in the UK through the process, she'll need to note that as her current mailing address.

Have you considered the sponsorship issue?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi there,

Thanks!

R

All K-1's petitions (I-129F) are filed with one of the USCIS service centers (NE, VT, CA, TX) in the states. After approval USCIS sends it to Natinal Visa Center (NVC) who then forwards to the appropriate consulate.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Who is the US Citizen? Is she from Oregon or Northern Ireland? You need to be a little clearer.

K-1 can only be filed in the USA so should be a US address as resident, so use an address of a parent, sibling, relative or trusted friend, and they can just forward all USCIS mail to you in the UK.

The K-1 I-129F petition gets sent to the service center that has jurisdiction over where her home in the USA is, this is indicated in the instructions with form I-129F. Page 3 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129F.pdf

For Oregon the USCIS center is Lincoln NE.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hi there Pushbrk,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Have you considered the sponsorship issue?"

If you mean that she lives in the UK and doesn't have income in the US, well I will be selling my home and her father or mother can provide any additional assurances.

There is, I believe, special considerations for self-support through the London Embassy if you own your own home, etc.

Are there other issues you meant?

R

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Who is the US Citizen? Is she from Oregon or Northern Ireland? You need to be a little clearer.

K-1 can only be filed in the USA so should be a US address as resident, so use an address of a parent, sibling, relative or trusted friend, and they can just forward all USCIS mail to you in the UK.

The K-1 I-129F petition gets sent to the service center that has jurisdiction over where her home in the USA is, this is indicated in the instructions with form I-129F. Page 3 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129F.pdf

Thanks Guys,

She's from Oregon but has lving here for two years now ... So it looks like it's Belfast to Oregon to Lincoln to London to Belfast!!! Phew!!!

Ah but she's worth it!!!

R

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks Guys,

She's from Oregon but has lving here for two years now ... So it looks like it's Belfast to Oregon to Lincoln to London to Belfast!!! Phew!!!

Ah but she's worth it!!!

R

Of course she is but the petition doesn't make a stop in Oregon. Send it directly to the Nebraska Service Center, where it will be transferred to California or Vermont or processing. Then NVC and so on.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Of course she is but the petition doesn't make a stop in Oregon. Send it directly to the Nebraska Service Center, where it will be transferred to California or Vermont or processing. Then NVC and so on.

Huh? transfer to Vermont for an I-129F for K-1? Since when?

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Huh? transfer to Vermont for an I-129F for K-1? Since when?

Yup.

Vermont filers stay in Vermont. Only TSC and NSCers are transferred, and they are all transfered to CSC.

SA4userbar.jpg

TSC and NSCers are transferred, and they are all transfered to CSC.

I'm gonna start a website of all abbreviations on this website ... lol ... so I can get my K-1 to the TSC and NSC to the CSC courtesy of the BBC and the NHS.

Seriosuly though, thanks so much guys - this forum makes for great reading and oil on the raging waters of this whole Visa enterprise.

R

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Timeline
I'm gonna start a website of all abbreviations on this website ... lol ... so I can get my K-1 to the TSC and NSC to the CSC courtesy of the BBC and the NHS.

Don't need to... look here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=definition

YMMV

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there Pushbrk,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Have you considered the sponsorship issue?"

If you mean that she lives in the UK and doesn't have income in the US, well I will be selling my home and her father or mother can provide any additional assurances.

There is, I believe, special considerations for self-support through the London Embassy if you own your own home, etc.

Are there other issues you meant?

R

Sponsorship means meeting the 125% poverty level according to the USCIS guidelines. If her parents agree to become joint sponsors they have to file an affidavit of support at some point along with your fiancée. There is the self sponsorship consideration through the London Embassy too but I'm not familiar with it.

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.