KalP

6 Months and still waiting for i-130 NOA2

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Have you checked the case on-line, register at USCIS, and maybe you can findout what has been sent to you, you can also register for e-mail updates here, they usually come before the snail mail copies. There have been many cases of people not receiving the NOA's, so maybe you have been approved and sent to the NVC already, you could call them also! They are friendly and helpful, I am not sure but I think they can look up your case if it has been sent to them. IMO I-129F won't help you, save your money! Good luck, keep trying to find out where you are. Mike & Zhen

hey thanks for reply guys...

i highly doudt i have missed RFE ..other wise it would show up online and in email and mostly importantly wouldnt i have received in mail. unless the mail was lost and it didnt show up online. i did asked the lady at office to make sure my address was correct and she even did.i do have online account and ichecked it everyday two to three times . only thing i show difference was i got touched 5/8/2007 so i dont think it was rfe..

about the 129f do you really think i shouldnt file it now.. money is not issue with me .well not that much. even w/o that don't you think that this process(130) with not knowing anything is going to take long time.... do ou think i should just file it in case.. i know i shouldnt have filed it long time ago but better late then never .

Timeline

11-11-2006 Married in Inida

I-130

12/14/2006 Sent I-130

12/22/2006 Recieved NOA1

01/05/2007 Touched

05/08/2007 Touched

06/12/2007 Touched!!!! Finally and it's RFE i dont care i ll take anything right now.. finally

06/13/2007 Touched again( is that weird?)

06/15/2007 Recieved RFE Notice -

06/21/2007 RFE sent to USCIS

06/25/2007 RFE delivered to USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

KalP,

I will try to summarize for you the best I can.

If you file I-129F now (i.e. start working on K3), you have these possible outcomes:

1. While your I-129-F is being processed, your I-130 gets approved. You lose (what is it currently) $170 that you paid for I-129F filing.

2. Your I-129-F gets approved at the same time or very shortly after your I-130. They will choose to process K3, not IR1/CR1. You move to the states and have to go through Adjustment of Status, which will cost $1010 (with the new fees). You lose in quality of your visa (you have to wait until you get EAD for work and AP for travel) and you cause extra pay for Adjustment of Status (as noted above). If you got CR1 you would only have to pay $545+$80 for Removal of conditions and that is almost 2 years after arrival to US.

You would have the option to terminate K3 processing and go for CR1/IR1, but that would cost you extra (~$200 and ~2 months, I think).

3. Your I-129-F gets approved quicker, much quicker than I-130. Normally that would not be the case, but your I130 already got stuck somewhere. If you read up on this website, someone got stuck in USCIS and is still waiting for their NOA2 after 10 months. Yes K3 would cost more than CR1/IR1. But if that ends up being the case for you and money is not an issue, you would be glad you filed for K3.

Bottom line - people who tell you not to file for K3 are trying to save you money and advise you to wait out for a better visa. They believe your application problems will sort themselves out and you will get your NOA2 very soon. Will that be the case? I don't know. You are the best judge of that.

I am not sure why you think your last touch was not an RFE issued. I am not sure they specify that they sent you an RFE. RFE may look just like a touch on their website - I do not know. But I think you should try to read RFE threads and see for yourself what people say.

Now, if it turns out that RFE is on the way or you just have missed it, then TRUE, once you submit your response to RFE, your NOA2 will come shortly (likely within a month?).

Good luck,

Rika

PS Before you panic for the lack of touches, look at my signature. I panic too!

:P

Have you checked the case on-line, register at USCIS, and maybe you can findout what has been sent to you, you can also register for e-mail updates here, they usually come before the snail mail copies. There have been many cases of people not receiving the NOA's, so maybe you have been approved and sent to the NVC already, you could call them also! They are friendly and helpful, I am not sure but I think they can look up your case if it has been sent to them. IMO I-129F won't help you, save your money! Good luck, keep trying to find out where you are. Mike & Zhen

hey thanks for reply guys...

i highly doudt i have missed RFE ..other wise it would show up online and in email and mostly importantly wouldnt i have received in mail. unless the mail was lost and it didnt show up online. i did asked the lady at office to make sure my address was correct and she even did.i do have online account and ichecked it everyday two to three times . only thing i show difference was i got touched 5/8/2007 so i dont think it was rfe..

about the 129f do you really think i shouldnt file it now.. money is not issue with me .well not that much. even w/o that don't you think that this process(130) with not knowing anything is going to take long time.... do ou think i should just file it in case.. i know i shouldnt have filed it long time ago but better late then never .

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Timeline

hey guys ..finallyl some news.. i got touched and its RFE. and please dont say it that what is before. i dont care i ll take anythin right now. i am so happy and exicted finally something changed..little settled down and tthinking what can it be. i know i had all my papers in order.

so got touched on 06/12/2007 and its change to RFE ..and then touched again today on 6/13/2007 is that good or bad?

damn when is this rfe going get here. i am so nervous and freakin out now.

btw thanks RIka for that inforamtive reply . i should just wait for this rfe and see what is about before i do anything else .so lets say that i sent in this rfe and i get approved . estimaly how long am i looking at this process and seeing my wife. will it move faster then it was moving right now. pleas tell me its not going to be taking long as it took now.

Timeline

I-130

12/14/2006 Sent I-130

12/22/2006 Recieved NOA1

01/05/2007 Touched

05/08/2007 Touched

06/12/2007 Touched!!!! Finally and it's RFE i dont care i ll take anything right now.. finally

Timeline
hey guys ..finallyl some news.. i got touched and its RFE. and please dont say it that what is before. i dont care i ll take anythin right now. i am so happy and exicted finally something changed..little settled down and tthinking what can it be. i know i had all my papers in order.

so got touched on 06/12/2007 and its change to RFE ..and then touched again today on 6/13/2007 is that good or bad?

btw thanks RIka for that inforamtive reply . i should just wait for this rfe and see what is about before i do anything else .so lets say that i sent in this rfe and i get approved . estimaly how long am i looking at this process and seeing my wife. will it move faster then it was moving right now. pleas tell me its not going to be taking long as it took now.

i am sure the RFE is nothing big... after u submit the documents u should get an approval withing 2-3 weeks. good luck.

I-130

Sent:03/02/07

NOA1:03/06/07

Touched:03/09/2007

APPROVED: 07/31/2007 (151 Days)

I-129

Sent:03/14/2007

NOA1:03/20/07

Transfered CSC:04/05/07

Touched:04/06/07

Touched:04/09/07

Touched:04/25/07(received pending email)

Touched:04/26/07

Touched:04/27/07

APPROVED:07/31/2007

NVC received: 08/30/07

Consulate forward: 08/31/07

Consulate received: 09/10/2007

Submitted DS-230: 09/18/2007

Interview: 11/06/2007

Visa received: 12/14/2007

AOS

Mailed packet: 01/17/2008

Delivered: 01/21/2008

Check cashed: 02/05/2008

NOA1: 02/04/2008

Biometrics appt: 02/20/2008

Request for initial evidence: 02/25/2008 (yikesssss)

RFE mailed: 03/03/2008

RFE received: 03/12/2008 (case processing resumed)

EAD ordered: 3/19/2008 (Thank God)

EAD received: 3/28/2008

Interview: 07/23/2008 (AHHHHHH- they request full medical)

07/25/2008 (medical submitted)

08/08/2008 (CRIS email- card production ordered)

08/19/2008: Green Card Received.

Timeline

KalP,

Good news! and you are welcome.

So now you take care of this RFE. You should get NOA2/your cases forwarded to NVC within a month after you mail your response to RFE. May be as short as 2 weeks. Then your case will spend 1-3 months at NVC. I hear there are also security checks at NVC and occasionally paperwork gets stuck there too.

After that your case gets forwarded to your embassy and they set up an interview date with you. Depending on how busy your embassy is, you may have to wait 2-12 months for your interview date. I hope it's rather 2. Look at timelines of people from your country, that should give you an idea.

Rika

i am sure the RFE is nothing big... after u submit the documents u should get an approval withing 2-3 weeks. good luck.

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Timeline

hey guys..

just wanted leave update.. i recieved my RFE on friday june 15. 2007. i been so just stressed and thinking about stuff .that didnt get time to update. besically they want my foreign language marrriage certifacate that corresponds to the English translated that i submitted only problem with that is that - thats is my orginal document.so i am going to try to get one in my language and send it . i am hoping it wont be problem atleast it shouldnt be and ill get approved.

should start preparing for next time.

what document do i need ?

i hope i get apporved soon???

Timeline

I-130

12/14/2006 Sent I-130

12/22/2006 Recieved NOA1

01/05/2007 Touched

05/08/2007 Touched

Timeline

KalP,

I think they want a COPY of your marriage certificate. You will need your ORIGINAL later, don't mail it to anyone.

Rika

hey guys..

just wanted leave update.. i recieved my RFE on friday june 15. 2007. i been so just stressed and thinking about stuff .that didnt get time to update. besically they want my foreign language marrriage certifacate that corresponds to the English translated that i submitted only problem with that is that - thats is my orginal document.so i am going to try to get one in my language and send it . i am hoping it wont be problem atleast it shouldnt be and ill get approved.

should start preparing for next time.

what document do i need ?

i hope i get apporved soon???

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

thanks for reply guys..i dunoo why you moved my thread but i think im going to mail that 129f what else i can do..this is just torture especially when i couldnt even wait a day to see heer

U SHOULD BE PATIENCE AND IF YOU WERE SO DESPERATE, U SHOULD HAVE APPLIED FOR K-3 IN JAN 2007 AFTER FILING I-130. ACCORDING TO THE USCIS WEBSITE, THE VSC IS NOW PROCESSING FOR NOV 2006, SO U SHOULD HEAR FROM THEM VERY SOON. THEY JUST UPDATED THE VSC ON JUNE 18, 2007. I KNOW, THOSE DATES ARE NOT ALWAYS CORRECT, BUT IF U CALL CIS, THEY ARE ONLY GOONA TALK ACCORDING TO THOSE DATES, GOOD LUCK!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.