USAFguy23

Can I get some advice please?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone. I have been a member here for a few weeks and this site has been very helpful, but recent changes in plans between me and my fiance have me thoroughly confused on what is the best option for us. Here is the situation briefly, any advice would be greatly appreciated:

October 06 we meet on ChristianCafe.com and begin chatting/emailing/phone conversations routinely. She is Romanian and works as a sales coordinator in Bucharest, but takes a job as a nanny in Switzerland for a couple months to practice her French. In December I visit her there and we travel together through Switzerland, France, and eventually back to Romania. (taking plenty of pics along the way). We enjoy our time together and decide to continue our relationship.

Around April/May 07 we start looking at ways to be together permanently. After doing research on this site and talking to a lawyer I find that a fiance visa is the best option for us. However, at the end of May she leaves her job as a sales coordinator to take a job in England working for a nice family as a nanny. Now I'm confused. She is talking of trying to come to the U.S. on a tourist visa, but from what I understand that is a dangerous way to get married. Also from what I understand, a tourist visa is probably not going to happen with a fiance visa pending. Again, her just moving to England and then starting a fiance visa also looks suspicious to the interviewer, which really hurts our chances. Not to mention I haven't worked much this year as I am finishing my last year of college, so I will need a sponsor (which I have), another factor in the scenario. So.... any advice on where to go from here? I hear that the embassy in Romania is less than understandable, so should we wait a while and try to go through the embassy in England? Just go get married in England? Scrap the tourist visa idea? Apply now and interview in Romania, which she will have to travel back home for? I'm thoroughly confused now!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello everyone. I have been a member here for a few weeks and this site has been very helpful, but recent changes in plans between me and my fiance have me thoroughly confused on what is the best option for us. Here is the situation briefly, any advice would be greatly appreciated:

October 06 we meet on ChristianCafe.com and begin chatting/emailing/phone conversations routinely. She is Romanian and works as a sales coordinator in Bucharest, but takes a job as a nanny in Switzerland for a couple months to practice her French. In December I visit her there and we travel together through Switzerland, France, and eventually back to Romania. (taking plenty of pics along the way). We enjoy our time together and decide to continue our relationship.

Around April/May 07 we start looking at ways to be together permanently. After doing research on this site and talking to a lawyer I find that a fiance visa is the best option for us. However, at the end of May she leaves her job as a sales coordinator to take a job in England working for a nice family as a nanny. Now I'm confused. She is talking of trying to come to the U.S. on a tourist visa, but from what I understand that is a dangerous way to get married. Also from what I understand, a tourist visa is probably not going to happen with a fiance visa pending. Again, her just moving to England and then starting a fiance visa also looks suspicious to the interviewer, which really hurts our chances. Not to mention I haven't worked much this year as I am finishing my last year of college, so I will need a sponsor (which I have), another factor in the scenario. So.... any advice on where to go from here? I hear that the embassy in Romania is less than understandable, so should we wait a while and try to go through the embassy in England? Just go get married in England? Scrap the tourist visa idea? Apply now and interview in Romania, which she will have to travel back home for? I'm thoroughly confused now!

I say scrap the tourist visa idea and file the petition now. There seem to be a few threads a week here explaining the pitfals of entering the US on a tourist visa with intent to marry and stay and adjust status.

If she can get a tourist visa to visit you, then have a nice visit.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

File for k1 once she moves to england..

cuz you dont want to start in romania and then change her address mid-process.... ( i always believe you should try and make it easy for uscis otherwise it'll potentially slow your case down by accidently being sent the the wrong location or something)

also look at other england filers for a timeline

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.