TimsDaisy

Medical done

143 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
See I was thinking of sending an email to the embassy in the next day or two just explaining the fact that we (ignorant to the details of the visa process, before we found VJ, etc., etc.) have already planned on a wedding date: ordered invitations, put deposits on vendors, so on. Basically asking if there is anything that we can do to make the process go more smoothly and requesting any assistant available in getting an earlier interview.

I would wait til you get P3 and write it your wedding date on the checklist. No need for a cover letter.

Sending them an email before they receive your case is kinda pointless, I think. They won't know you 'exist'.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for answering my awkward medical exam question, everyone..i missed all your answers as I just came back to the post.

goooood luck to everyone. i'm hoping to get close to NOA2 soon here.. need to look into what we need to do next..eeek!

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

When's your date? I think you said, but I can't remember.

You're at NVC now, right? Give it a few days until it gets to London and then be ready to jump into gear! Keep calling NVC to try to catch it as it leaves. Then start calling the State Department to see when you're in the system. As soon as you are sure they have you in there, I would send them packet 3. As soon as you have your State Dept case number and you're in the system, there aren't any specialized forms or person-specific documents you need to wait for. Pull the cord! Go go! If we had it to do again, that's what I'd have done. Others may disagree, but all you're doing is printing out forms from online and sending in a xerox sheet you fill out.

Include your actual wedding date on the checklist form where they ask for it and include a cover letter if you want explaining your wedding date and your appreciation for their attention to your materials.

August 11 :blush: Another couple had mentioned the cover letter. They also had planned their wedding before finding VJ and were sweating the wedding date; seems whatever they did was effective - got a quick interview date!

Sending them an email before they receive your case is kinda pointless, I think. They won't know you 'exist'.

Good point - guess I need to give it a couple of days to start heading that direction.

Thanks for replies guys - we'll go through all the Packet 3 documents ASAP to have it ready to send away.

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

I called the Visa info number today (the one in DC) at 5:45 AM PT (ugh!), and according to the fellow, the London Embassy is still processing Packet 3. Bah.

I'll give 'em another call Friday morning.

AOS:

02/29/2008 - Wedding Day!

03/29/2008 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago registered mail

04/04/2008 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04-10-2008 - Check cashed!

04-12-2008 - NOA1s arrive for AP & AOS

04-18-2008 - Biometrics appt letter arrives

04-29-2008 - Biometrics appointment!

04-30-2008 - AOS status shows up online

05-16-2008 - AP status shows up online - both AP & AOS are touched!

06-05-2008 - AP touched and email sent saying AP has been approved

06-12-2008 - AP arrives in the mail

07-10-2008 - Interview letter arrives - interview scheduled for 09/05/08

09-05-2008 - Interview in SF (don't bring your cellphone!) -- approved! Email sent saying card has been ordered!

09-13-2008 - Welcome to the United States letter arrives

09-15-2008 - Green card arrives in the mail! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

LOL,, funny

I know how you feel.. so I wont say anything else but it will happen,, but think about it when things are so hard to accomplish at the end of your journey its more rewarding..

LOL,, funny

I know how you feel.. so I wont say anything else but it will happen,, but think about it when things are so hard to accomplish at the end of your journey its more rewarding..

I'm not sweating it - I'm already through with London.

Just making an observation about their 'rate of return' lately.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I am sweating it. It will not be okay until it is done. I want my interview date. I want to plan my life. The bloom is off the NOA2 rose since we're at this stage right now with no further information.

I don't find anything more rewarding. I find it frustrating.

Things have slowed - we missed the rush.

I'm going to have Tim re-send packet 3 with a cover letter saying "disregard if this has already been attended to" or some such language. He's leaving town again, and I see no reason to waste more time if the packet did, in fact, get lost in the post or the shuffle. Maybe it will be wasted postage, but that's fine. What else can we do?

Maybe the status will change by this afternoon, but I'm not optimistic.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
LOL,, funny

I'm not sweating it - I'm already through with London.

Just making an observation about their 'rate of return' lately.

I think we had a discussion like this before where we tried to work out the ins and outs of the processing speeds for London. We failed miserably, there was no rhyme or reason. I was slap bang in the middle of the summer hols last year, yet my turn around was very VERY quick.

Moral of this tale....don't try to make sense of the London Embassy. You'll end up with fried brain cells and twisty knickers.

Timeline
You'll end up with fried brain cells and twisty knickers.

Don't we all get that at the start? I thought there was a coupon for both tucked in with the NOA1. :)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You'll end up with fried brain cells and twisty knickers.

Don't we all get that at the start? I thought there was a coupon for both tucked in with the NOA1. :)

That actually sounds like an excellent idea! Maybe I'll write to them and suggest that! :P

London was great. CSC were the ones who issue me my fried brain cell/twisty knickers ticket. :lol:

Ahhh! Yes, they were so bad you got twisty knickers, fried brain cells AND an inside out bra. They were THAT bad! :lol:

Timeline
London was great. CSC were the ones who issue me my fried brain cell/twisty knickers ticket. :lol:

LOL in my case it was my american half who gave me the fried brain cell/twisty knickers ticket lol - If he had listened to me in the first place I would have had the visa last year july and we would have already been married by now:)

Lina

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

And not that it helps, but at least London isn't like Montreal - which takes 4 months (on the FAST side) to get an interview date.

SA4userbar.jpg

:thumbs: That's what I keep telling myself when I see everyone I know getting married... I hate wedding season :) At least I got lucky with our interview date! Come on London for everyone else!!! Edited by msu17

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.