LostAtHome

I864 A must during Interview at COnsulate?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For what visa or process are you applying? That will help you determine which documents you need at the interview.

Why do you think an I-864 is required?

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife is scheduled for interview June 27 in Ho Chi Minh City. The "lawyer" who prepares all the paper works there never mention about I864 being required. Is it a must in the interview process? If so. what documents are required in the I864? Thanks,

For many consulates an Affidavit of Support is required. The I-864 is one of the two most commonly used Affadavits (other being I-134) and its use (which one) is typically dependant on the type of visa being applied for.

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
My wife is scheduled for interview June 27 in Ho Chi Minh City. The "lawyer" who prepares all the paper works there never mention about I864 being required. Is it a must in the interview process? If so. what documents are required in the I864? Thanks,

For many consulates an Affidavit of Support is required. The I-864 is one of the two most commonly used Affadavits (other being I-134) and its use (which one) is typically dependant on the type of visa being applied for.

Thanks . I apply for the "spouse Visa" CR1 I think. I have a joint sponsor (my sister) she has all her tax docs plus proof of income. I only have 2003 Tax Return, 2005 1099. and My 2006 Return is in the process due to lost 1099. Plus I have all my pay stubs+letter of employment. I send A copy of my I864 Affadavit back to my wife with everything else. But still missing 2006 TAX RETURN. Am worried sick because am afraid they wont let her thru with the interview. What should I do? Please help..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

If it is for the K-1 fiance visa - YES! That was one of the first documents they asked me for.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks . I apply for the "spouse Visa" CR1 I think. I have a joint sponsor (my sister) she has all her tax docs plus proof of income. I only have 2003 Tax Return, 2005 1099. and My 2006 Return is in the process due to lost 1099. Plus I have all my pay stubs+letter of employment. I send A copy of my I864 Affadavit back to my wife with everything else. But still missing 2006 TAX RETURN. Am worried sick because am afraid they wont let her thru with the interview. What should I do? Please help..

I must ask, why is your 2006 return missing?

I know in Kiev that a person had his CR1/IR1 visa delayed until he could produce the 2006 return and there interview was in late April.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.