Together4ever

VISA APPROVED

31 posts in this topic

Well, it sounds like good news to me! Congratulations!!!!!

I know, it feels totally unreal. You'll feel great when the visa is in hand, though, that's when it sinks in :D

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

What does the embassys website say ?

Lebanon's says that the visa will be issued the next day after approval.

Anyways, Congratulations and it will soon be in hands that have been waiting for it forever. :P

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Insha'allah we have another visa success !!! Waiting to hear official word that the visa is in hand.... prayers with you :luv:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

I spent 3 hours online with an inconsolable Mohammed tonight and still don't know anything for sure. All I could do was reassure him the woman looked right at his case, and yes even though she is Egyptian, by law and by her own job training, she cannot LIE to him without repercutions that she has to be aware of. I know for a fact he did not sign "the form" so that is at least part of the reason he has to go back.

I emailed the Embassy and am hoping I get a reply back in the morning so I can just RELAX. This visa doo doo is like a mega workout... wonder how many calories per hour it burns? I suppose all the comfort eating cancels it out though. Darn it. :dead:

Response to my inquiry to the Embassy. I do know Mohammed never signed the form he's required to sign. I'm hoping this is all they need. I still keep turning over in my head that a clerk CANNOT say "yes you got the visa" without full knowledge of the repercutions of falsifying information. Of course I could be giving them too much credit. I don't know. Mohammed called the stupid 0900 number, cost him 25 LE and they told him they can't schedule. NOW WHAT????

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sending your e-mail message,

Kindly be notified that the Consul had already had the interview with your fiancé, and that was shown on the system but after reviewing the case she had a point of calling your fiancé again for another interview, and of course this is for the benefit of him to finalize the case, and we kept the receipt as it has to be in the file as this is the only proof that he had paid the fees. Second we don’t give another letter for the interview, but he was told before to call 0900-70600 to schedule an appointment and his name will be on the list with the guards outside the embassy.

Hope this information suffices your inquiry.

Regards,

Consular Staff

hmmmmm, well, that doesn't sound so encouraging!! Scheduling another interview? I hope that you can get this scheduled and finish up. I have no good words of advice for you on your situation because it is completely unique. I am not sure what he can tell the person on the 0900 number to get them to schedule him an appointment. Yes, 25LE for a phone call is not good . . . but surely if the email says he can do it, shouldn't those ppl schedule him an apptment?? Once again . . . confusing and conflicting things going on. So sorry about this.

Good Luck on getting this all resolved!

God, this is ridiculous! Trust me, the day you have your visa it will all fade into the background (I know that's small consolation right now).

Can he go in person to the consulate? Is it very far away? If his name is on the list, they may let him in to explain the situation in person.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

Regarding what they call scheduling another interview... that in itself doesn't worry me. Though he was sworn in and fingerprinted the first time, she never asked him any questions. She also didn't have him the sign form. So perhaps this is just finally "the" interview.

It is too far for him to go running back and forth to the Embassy. He has to travel by train (expense) then taxis from Ramses to the Embassy (more expense) and home again. This is why they need to get their poop in a group.

I don't think anything is "up" out of the ordinary other then just one goof after another. My nerves have just had it though. I have not spoken to anyone at work this morning, been so intense I am running people down in the hallways, and ran home for lunch so I could have a break down cry and get some of this out of my system. I just want my husband back. Why do I have to pay with my soul?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just_waiting, I'm sure everything will be ok. You can always look at it this way, atleast they didn't deny him! It's seem to me that he is on the path of getting his visa but it may take a little bit longer. You have already waited 10 months so it shouldnt be too much longer. Keep your chin up and be strong for the both of you.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hoping for a definitel approval! good luck!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

You guys are all such angels. I think a lot of us here find our loved ones are very reliant on us to aleviate their confusion and fears with our foreign system. I know Mohammed is so confused and he always has so many questions and finds himself blown away at how differently our government and businesses work compared to his country's. This eats up a tremendous amount of energy for those of us who are trying to explain and make them feel more comfortable. So I want to say again that I appreciate all the support here and the patience with my foaming-at-the-mouth. I have no one else and I really don't know how I would be coping without the warmth and caring I'm finding here.

A tearful but sincere THANK YOU!!!

I really truly think that in a few days this will be all cleared up. I know right now every minute is painful, but soon you'll be together and it really will feel like it was so long ago that you went through this. Try to have faith that it will work itself out (I know that's easier said than done :( )

You're going to be together and it will be wonderful, and you'll be so grateful to have each other that your relationship will be stronger (I know, small consolation).

Hang in there, we've all been through things like this and everyone eventually comes out on the other side if they wait it out.

Hugs

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.