pokernut

age difference of couple

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
:dance: Just got visa approval through second highest fraud post and age was never mentioned!!!! I am 12.5 years older than him!

Age is one of multiple factors in a fraud profile. It is rarely an issue in and of itself. Unless they suspect a problem, they can do the math. No need to ask about it. 12.5 years isn't much anyway. The OP asks about 25 years but also has a very recent divorce, not JUST an age difference.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
:dance: Just got visa approval through second highest fraud post and age was never mentioned!!!! I am 12.5 years older than him!

Congrats on your approval but I'm sure age isn't the lone factor when dealing with a high fraud area.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
:thumbs: I am a young 50 and she is A mature 20 ,we get along very well ,we have dicussed the possible problems this could cause! so far there are none!

Just to clear up any potential misunderstanding, the OP asked...

anyone know where this puts us with the embassy interview?

...so the discussion isn't about the suitability of marriage between couples with a large age difference. It's about how (not should) the large age difference could potentially be an issue in the visa process.

Excellent point, pushbrk. My wife and I have a 28 year age difference and it seemed to have little effect on our success at the embassy. It may be one thing they look at as a red flag, but not a reason for denial. Besides, in some areas, my wife is as or more mature than I am. The important thing is that we compliment or enhance each other. If we were identical in age, temperment, and experience, how boring would that be!?!?!?!?

Filed: Timeline

I had a personal rule that I followed..... if one of you is old enough to be the others parent then it was a no go.... I do have friend who have large age diffrences (10 years +) and they are very happy.... I just feel it would not be right for me.... but each to his/her own...

Kez

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My husband and I do not have a huge age difference (just 7 years), but when I see some of the criticizing remarks regarding age differences, it has really made me think. Really, who care what the age difference is with a couple? What gives others the right to pass judgement? I personally don't care what the age gap is as long as the relationship is bonafide. :thumbs:

Personally I feel that gaps bigger than ten years have the potential to cause problems. I've not seen a marriage yet among friends and family succeed that had an age gap bigger than that.

My husband is 8 years older than I am, and to me that's pushing it. People here tease him about being a "cradle robber" even though I'm 31 years old. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot depends on the individuals involved, and life experience. Culturally, even in the states 10 years is not that big of deal, and the older the couple is (ie: He's 50 she's 40) the less likely it will cause problems.

Personally I would never look for someone who is 12 or 15 years younger than I am, I just feel that I would rather have a partner closer in age, but more importantly one that has the life experience, education, and common interests and values.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.