DFSL

Certificate of singleness?!?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

My fiancee and myself have been getting conflicting sources of information regarding what needs to be filed and submitted for the visa application in China,

so far we've heard -

you need the notarized birth certificate (from China) or you just need a passport (from uscis),

you need a "certificate of being unmarried" (notarized) (China) or you don't need one, just fill out the I-129F/G325A and the USCIS & consulates will perform their own background checks and verifications... (uscis)

which is true and which isn't?

we're both going crazy!!! seems like they're trying to make extra work for her and more headaches for everyone.. :|

(and we haven't even gotten our NOA1 yet! (mailed on the 17th and received on the 18th)

also, If I acquire a job in China, since my US Residence will stay the same, will I have to update my G325A & I129F with my chinese address?

and will it affect the later parts of the application?

David & Siwen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

My fiancee and myself have been getting conflicting sources of information regarding what needs to be filed and submitted for the visa application in China,

so far we've heard -

you need the notarized birth certificate (from China) or you just need a passport (from uscis),

you need a "certificate of being unmarried" (notarized) (China) or you don't need one, just fill out the I-129F/G325A and the USCIS & consulates will perform their own background checks and verifications... (uscis)

we're both going crazy!!! seems like they're trying to make extra work for her and more headaches for everyone.. :|

(and we haven't even gotten our NOA1 yet! (mailed on the 17th and received on the 18th)

also, If I acquire a job in China, since my US Residence will stay the same, will I have to update my G325A & I129F with my chinese address?

David & Siwen

[/quot

It is up to you to prove relationship and citizenship. You must prove you are who you say you are. The will do checks on the info you give them, so make sure you are trueful about everything. It is a long, tedious process, I hired an attorney to help me and we got approved for Fiancee Visa in 2.5 months. Good Luck!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I have never heard of a certificate of being single,you might be confucing this with the "Intent to marry doc".

If you follow the guides here on VJ then you will be fine:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the Philippines we call it CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage. That is also required during the interview at US Embassy in Manila, proof that we are single and never been married.

Edited by imaskin

~*God Speed*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
In the Philippines we call it CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage. That is also required during the interview at US Embassy in Manila, proof that we are single and never been married.

My wife also brought similar certificate (being single) when she had her K-1 interview at US Embassy in Taiwan about 3 years ago.

Edited by gyuwono

K-1 Timeline

06.04.2004 - I-129F sent to NSC

06.14.2004 - NOA1

09.03.2004 - NOA2

11.03.2004 - Interview (APPROVED - Visa in Hand)

12.04.2004 - Fiancee arrived - POE: San Francisco

AOS, EAD, AP Timelines

01.10.2005 - Submitted AOS, EAD, AP in person (Kansas City)

01.20.2005 - AP received (Approved 01.14.2005)

03.03.2005 - EAD received

06.27.2005 - AOS Interview

07.05.2005 - CONDITIONAL Permanent Residence Status GRANTED (APPROVED)

07.28.2005 - Permanent Resident Card received

I-751 Timeline

04.17.2007 - I-751 sent to NSC

04.20.2007 - NOA1 (Mail received 05.04.2007)

05.18.2007 - Biometrics completed

04.01.2008 - Transferred to CSC

05.07.2008 - Approved

05.13.2008 - Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 Timeline

04.21.2010 - N-400 sent to USCIS Phoenix AZ Lockbox

05.05.2010 - NOA1 (Mail received 05.10.2010)

05.26.2010 - Biometrics Appointment

07.12.2010 - Interview (USCIS Status changed 06.04.2010 & Mail received 06.07.2010)

09.17.2010 - Oath Ceremony (Mail received 08.20.2010)

" HOPE" IS THE THING WITH FEATHERS--

THAT PERCHES IN THE SOUL--

GO BUCKEYES...!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

so far we've heard -

David & Siwen

First, let's make sure we're on the same page. You've already filed the petition and you're asking correctly about what your fiance will need to have available for her "application" process in China. What is required for the petition filing was in the I-129F instructions and is now pretty much moot because you've already filed.

You don't need to update any forms you've already filed but if you move, you should notify USCIS and later the Consulate.

Yes, you should go to the local Notarial office and obtain at least three "Notarial Birth Certificate" originals. If there are divorces, she'll need Notarial Divorce Decrees. Yes you need a Notarial document indicating she is currently not married, as well as a Police report "No Crime Report" also from the Notarial office. She gets a document in Chinese from her local police station that is good for all of China, then takes it to Notary for translation. Of course she will also need a passport. The visa goes in her passport.

All these Notarial documents will end up in little booklets. The Guangzhou Consulate knows what to expect.

Finally, I strongly recommend you join http://www.candleforlove.com for more China specific support. Their FAQ section will guide your through your fiance's part of the process and what is needed and there is good expert assistance there specific to China.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

so far we've heard -

David & Siwen

First, let's make sure we're on the same page. You've already filed the petition and you're asking correctly about what your fiance will need to have available for her "application" process in China. What is required for the petition filing was in the I-129F instructions and is now pretty much moot because you've already filed.

You don't need to update any forms you've already filed but if you move, you should notify USCIS and later the Consulate.

Yes, you should go to the local Notarial office and obtain at least three "Notarial Birth Certificate" originals. If there are divorces, she'll need Notarial Divorce Decrees. Yes you need a Notarial document indicating she is currently not married, as well as a Police report "No Crime Report" also from the Notarial office. She gets a document in Chinese from her local police station that is good for all of China, then takes it to Notary for translation. Of course she will also need a passport. The visa goes in her passport.

All these Notarial documents will end up in little booklets. The Guangzhou Consulate knows what to expect.

Finally, I strongly recommend you join http://www.candleforlove.com for more China specific support. Their FAQ section will guide your through your fiance's part of the process and what is needed and there is good expert assistance there specific to China.

I strongly second that recommendation to join Candle, no other place on the web can prepare you better than that site for preparing to deal with that particular consulate in Guangzhou, the interview process there is very tricky.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.