~Jess~

Tuesday

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are many I know of which aren't even reported here....

***I feel so incredibly blessed.... Thank you God for my beautiful husband (F)(L)(F)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline
it annoys me to no end that all of you go thru all this waiting and something like this happens :ranting:

Charles... *DO NOT* lump "all" of us together.... We do not "all go thru this" and something like this happens! Puhhleeaassseee............ :bonk::girlwerewolf2xn::ranting::bonk:

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Timeline
I think what Charles meant was that we all go through the waiting and that he's annoyed that something like this happened to one of us who waited so long and went through so much.

ok.... sorry.... my feathers got really ruffled at the implications of this. I'm having my coffee now... I'll chill (maybe - I am on my cycle, so maybe not!) :wacko:

Timeline

It's my firm belief that every new bride should recieve a cast iron frying pan as a gift and know that it's not just for frying chicken! Now, i'm not promoting violence in the home by any means but i think the first time a woman beating moron comes to after having his clock cleaned, he'll think twice about hitting a woman again. It's up to those of us who have sons to teach them at a very early age to have respect for women and to those who have daughters to accept nothing less than that. If you were to ask my 5 year old how are you supposed to treat a girl, he will tell you without hesitation that you treat girls like princesses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think what Charles meant was that we all go through the waiting and that he's annoyed that something like this happened to one of us who waited so long and went through so much.

ok.... sorry.... my feathers got really ruffled at the implications of this. I'm having my coffee now... I'll chill (maybe - I am on my cycle, so maybe not!) :wacko:

maybe it's cause i said it, eh? :D

and moody was right above :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not too bad for a Tuesday after a long weekend. The weather is picture perfect and I had two meetings where you sit and do nothing until noon. Even won a nice x-large fleece pullover at the last one so I guess that will be the first piece of winter clothing that goes into hubby's side of the closet! :thumbs: I love free stuff!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I hear ya on the abuse. My sisters both had abusive marriages. One of them lasted 10 years and I cannot tell you what it did to her self esteem. To this day she is so insecure it is incredible. The other one's marriage lasted exactly 1 month before he was put in jail and eventually sent to prison. It's not just the MENA men who do this since both of these men were as waspy as you can get.

I myself have suffered a different type of abuse though it was via a family member. Whenever I hear of any type of this stuff going on my blood boils, I get goosebumps and I just want to lash out at someone or something. It takes a loooooooooooooooooooooong time to overcome things like this. A therapist of mine once told me instead of trying to make the anger go away, invite it in for a cup of tea and get to know it so that you can channel it into different directions. That was the best advice anyone ever gave me since the anger NEVER goes away. I used to channel it to exercise which was cool 'cause I'd feel soooo much better afterwards plus I was doing something healthy for my body.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just found this statistic, which was shocking to me:

Nearly one-third of American women (31 percent) report being physically or sexually abused by a husband or boyfriend at some point in their lives, according to a 1998 Commonwealth Fund survey.

I have no family or friends who have ever told me that they were abused. Really makes you wonder, huh?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Abuse doesnt have a norm it can be any nationality or even with the roles reversed and the female the abuser. I also have been there done that in marriage......its not easy. Women in past times just accepted it because of the times and many felt there were not able to work, manage alone etc now the NEW woman knows better!!!!!!

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
Abuse doesnt have a norm it can be any nationality or even with the roles reversed and the female the abuser. I also have been there done that in marriage......its not easy. Women in past times just accepted it because of the times and many felt there were not able to work, manage alone etc now the NEW woman knows better!!!!!!

One can only hope! :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
It's my firm belief that every new bride should recieve a cast iron frying pan as a gift and know that it's not just for frying chicken! Now, i'm not promoting violence in the home by any means but i think the first time a woman beating moron comes to after having his clock cleaned, he'll think twice about hitting a woman again. It's up to those of us who have sons to teach them at a very early age to have respect for women and to those who have daughters to accept nothing less than that. If you were to ask my 5 year old how are you supposed to treat a girl, he will tell you without hesitation that you treat girls like princesses.

I sooooo agree with you. Every see Madea's family reunion? Grit Ball??? :lol::lol: Now there is a lesson in how to handle an abusive spouse. :thumbs: I'm always sad to hear relationships end, and even more so when they end because of this. I hope Jean can be strong enough to make the right choices and not feel guilty.

Yes Charles, it was the combination of you saying it and Noura's hormones that sparked that outburst. I'm sure she'll be find after some caffeine.

We had a wild weekend. Found out on friday that we have have to move 3 households in 60 days. Spent the weekend house hunting. Think we found something that will work for everyone. Noe to sort, clean and sell 50 years worth of stuff at my grandma's and help with 30 years worth at my parents.. :help: Anyone got ativan they can spare?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everyone! i quick hello from california! i've been here since thursday..and am leaving again this coming thursday! everything has been great. seeing family and friends. eating at all my favorite places here. going to the beach. shopping. relaxing. and seeing my kitty i left behind (bad mommy)

i hope you all have a good week. i'll be back to my vj addiction this weekend. lol

:D

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

I sooooo agree with you. Every see Madea's family reunion? Grit Ball??? :lol::lol: Now there is a lesson in how to handle an abusive spouse. :thumbs: I'm always sad to hear relationships end, and even more so when they end because of this. I hope Jean can be strong enough to make the right choices and not feel guilty.

Yes Charles, it was the combination of you saying it and Noura's hormones that sparked that outburst. I'm sure she'll be find after some caffeine.

We had a wild weekend. Found out on friday that we have have to move 3 households in 60 days. Spent the weekend house hunting. Think we found something that will work for everyone. Noe to sort, clean and sell 50 years worth of stuff at my grandma's and help with 30 years worth at my parents.. :help: Anyone got ativan they can spare?

all of Madea's movies/plays are so hilarious! the songs in the plays are a little long but well worth sitting though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.