PfcsBaby

Wait time for MTL interview, plus a few extra questions

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering how long of a wait it is to hear back from MTL about an interview date for a K1 visa. I have read on a few things here that MTL is pretty backed up right now and a lot of the time they send you an interview letter less than a week before your interview date! I sent out my packet 3 on May 1st 2007 and they recieved it the next day. Is there a wait period as far as when I should start emailing/calling them about a date? Also, I have read that I'll need some sort of letter from my American fiance as far as still wanting to marry me. What exactly does this letter need to say and can I get this from him now before I get anything from MTL? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Mary!!!

welcome to the ride......

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

you'll find a letter of intent there

you should probably wait a couple months before calling. 2 months was the minimum time they were quoting before they go so far behind

and here are some Montreal timelines........i added you. if you have any trouble downloading it, I can mail it to you

annnnnnnnnnnd one last thing , we'd all appreciate a timeline being completed by you if you could be so kind !!!!

Good Luck to you :)

p.s. bring a Tim Hortons XL triple cream for Flames :) )got ur back buddy)

Edited by CutienPurg
google.gif

Filed: Timeline
Hi Mary!!!

welcome to the ride......

you should probably wait a couple months before calling. 2 months was the minimum time they were quoting before they go so far behind

Good Luck to you :)

p.s. bring a Tim Hortons XL triple cream for Flames :) )got ur back buddy)

Indeed Mary - WELCOME!!!! You will see that MTL is quite slow - I believe the waiting time to be 4-5 months after receiving packet 3, but with these folks you never know. Another option for some K applicants is to have their case transferred to Vancouver - depends on where you live!!! I'm sure you'll find a lot of info here, and good people you can count on!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations on the packet 3 and welcome to the waiting room now :)

Last week I heard back from Montreal saying that my interview could be seheduled 1-3 months from then, so along with the 3 months already gone by its looking like 5-6 months from packet 3 being sent back.

It is insane... wait time from filing to Packet 3 was only 4 months but now 5-6 months wait from Packet 3 to interview... theres almost a whole year of our lives gone by.

Hi,

I was wondering how long of a wait it is to hear back from MTL about an interview date for a K1 visa. I have read on a few things here that MTL is pretty backed up right now and a lot of the time they send you an interview letter less than a week before your interview date! I sent out my packet 3 on May 1st 2007 and they recieved it the next day. Is there a wait period as far as when I should start emailing/calling them about a date? Also, I have read that I'll need some sort of letter from my American fiance as far as still wanting to marry me. What exactly does this letter need to say and can I get this from him now before I get anything from MTL? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Mary

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

welcome! i agree with Lance27 as to the length of time you have to wait...

and really, there is no "definite" wait time... once you mail your P3, you sit around and hope that CanadaPost does not loose you packet enroute to MTL, call MTL to see if the received it, sit/look around on VJ, call MTL again, read updates on VJ, think and wonder what the hell is going on with MTL, sit and look around, read VJ, start cursing MTL, read more on VJ, look around, don't bother with MTL anymore (but get Flames his Timmy's coffee ;), and then finally wait for MTL to get back to you when they have a system that can now handle scheduling interviews for only one month... phews! that was convoluted! lastly, you look at the calender and realise it is 2057, and it's been 50 years you submitted your app for K1/K3 visas!

:bonk:

sapa

Timeline

LOL your post cracked me up. Our timelines are similar... here's hoping that we are next in line to receive our packet 4s

welcome! i agree with Lance27 as to the length of time you have to wait...

and really, there is no "definite" wait time... once you mail your P3, you sit around and hope that CanadaPost does not loose you packet enroute to MTL, call MTL to see if the received it, sit/look around on VJ, call MTL again, read updates on VJ, think and wonder what the hell is going on with MTL, sit and look around, read VJ, start cursing MTL, read more on VJ, look around, don't bother with MTL anymore (but get Flames his Timmy's coffee ;), and then finally wait for MTL to get back to you when they have a system that can now handle scheduling interviews for only one month... phews! that was convoluted! lastly, you look at the calender and realise it is 2057, and it's been 50 years you submitted your app for K1/K3 visas!

:bonk:

sapa

AOS

Timeline

I have been looking at the timelines that Cutie has been so kind as to update weekly and noticed that many who sent in their packet3 in Jan were scheduled for interviews on June 1-19 and most got their letters in the mail after the 15th of May (Keeping fingers crossed that we might be seheduled anytime fom June 20-30) If not then we should be getting our interview letters after June 15th for sometime in July at the latest (hoping and praying). :)

I truly hope that by "magic", MTL gets something out in the near future... wishing the same!

AOS

Filed: Timeline
i am thinking of calling MTL today and asking them where does my case stand?

should i shoudl i not, should i shoudl i not, should i shoudl i not, should i shoudl i not, ???

From your timeline I assume MTL does not have your case yet... if that is true, don't call them. If your timeline is not updated and MTL has acknowledged receipt of your case, and you have sent P3 - by all means, call them!!!

L.

Timeline

I say call... I will be making my 2 week call Friday :)

should i shoudl i not, should i shoudl i not, should i shoudl i not, should i shoudl i not, ???

AOS

Timeline

Well we can still hope for July :)

2 weeks ago I was told 1-3 months... so lets see what happens

I say call... I will be making my 2 week call Friday :)

AOS

Ok, I guess I'm waiting a bit longer before I start harassing them LOL. I cant get the timeline to download. I kept getting an error of some sort. I tried doing my own timeline with some link on here the other day and apparently it didnt work. Guess I need some baby steps on how to do this LOL. If anyone can help me with that, that would be great. Or email it to me. Dont know how that works either LOL. Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.