rika60607

Petinioner got new job, update needed?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

I could not find this information anywhere, but it should not be a very rare case. If somebody had this experience, please :help:

Do we need to submit anything or somehow update CSC on the fact the petitioner has a new workplace? If they look at G325a, his work history will be reflecting his old place of employment (the one he had more than 2 months ago when I-130 was submited). If they call to verify - they will be told he does not work there anymore...

Any advice appreciated! :thumbs:

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

I'm sure the employer would also mention that he left just a few weeks ago. It doesn't sound like a big deal to me. I doubt that they do super in-depth research on the info that's provided on the G325a. For example, my fiance is in Tanzania, and there's pretty much no way they would know how to get in contact with his former employers. None of the businesses have physical addresses, and the form doesn't ask to list phone numbers.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

I could not find this information anywhere, but it should not be a very rare case. If somebody had this experience, please :help:

Do we need to submit anything or somehow update CSC on the fact the petitioner has a new workplace? If they look at G325a, his work history will be reflecting his old place of employment (the one he had more than 2 months ago when I-130 was submited). If they call to verify - they will be told he does not work there anymore...

Any advice appreciated! :thumbs:

Rika

USCIS is not concerned with employment at this stage. Just make sure the I-134 is correct at the time of the interview and that any employment letter and pay stubs are from the current employer. Employment verification is not part of the process. Your petitioner must give evidence of employment.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You'll be ok. The employment letter needs to be submitted with the I-864 at the NVC/embassy level and you still have to wait a while for that. I started a new job about 3 weeks ago and will have a letter from my employer stating that plus tax returns for the past 3 years.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline

Rika,

They won't do either, other than to see that there are 4 pages and each is signed.

Yodrak

Hello,

..... If they look at G325a, his work history will be reflecting his old place of employment (the one he had more than 2 months ago when I-130 was submited). If they call to verify - they will be told he does not work there anymore...

Rika

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My husband had a new job by the time we got to interview (the I-864 had the new job info). The CO didn't mention anything about the new job not in the G325a

Good luck !

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks everyone,

very much!

(L)

You have eased my pain... I am bloody tired of waiting and nothing happening. 2 months 10 days and not even a touch.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Thanks everyone,

very much!

(L)

You have eased my pain... I am bloody tired of waiting and nothing happening. 2 months 10 days and not even a touch.

You will get a letter of employment when you will need to submit I-864 from your current employer where your current length of employment should be mentioned along with your wages. Do not worry about your G-325A's employment history.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.