caregiver4ever

still no response going on 3 weeks

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well its going on 3 weeks now since bf interview and still no response. I said to my bf last night why dont you come here on a visit visa whilke we wait and ill ask in forum if thats possible. Well, I forgot , they took his passport at interview. Now even if he wanted to come and visit he cant. He is still in the mind set that consulate said to just wait so he wants to just wait. I dont understand this processing. He has clean record and all paperwork was perfect. His name is oussama but still if they are gonna check it then why take so long. I cant stand this waiting its driving me crazy.Now Ive been writing to consulate and in the beginning they wrote me back but now ...no response. I dont know what to do or who to write. I call the consulate in Morocco and they tell me nothing. I feel so helpless.Anybody know how long this could take ( worst case)They took his passport so thats good right? Has anyone ever had their passport taken at interview then got denied? There is no reason for denial. There is nothing they will find wrong.please :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine. Your fiance is most likely just in standard administrative processing, which means they have to run his name through the FBI database. It is a good sign they took his passport - he should be hearing something any day now.

You can call the Department of State at (202)631-1225 to enquire about his check. Most likely they will just tell you that his case is being processed and he will be notified by the consulate when processing is complete. At least it might make you feel like you're doing something...

Your time will come soon...Good luck!

Timeline
Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine. Your fiance is most likely just in standard administrative processing, which means they have to run his name through the FBI database. It is a good sign they took his passport - he should be hearing something any day now.

You can call the Department of State at (202)631-1225 to enquire about his check. Most likely they will just tell you that his case is being processed and he will be notified by the consulate when processing is complete. At least it might make you feel like you're doing something...

Your time will come soon...Good luck!

i try that number and it says number cant be completed. Is this the right number

Filed: Timeline

I'm in the same boat... interview a couple weeks ago, consular officer said everything was fine, case was approved, visa would be issued and delivered in a week, and the consulate kept the passport.

Couple days later they called, "you're going to administraive processing, don't call us, we'll call you". No word since.

US foreign consulates treat both foreigners and US Citizens like dirt. It seems like they're not accountable to anyone, and they even tell inquiring congressional aides to go pound sand. Congress should fix this before they worry about the illegal immigration bill - maybe take immigrant visa processing away from the Department of State, and have Homeland Security do it instead.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
- maybe take immigrant visa processing away from the Department of State, and have Homeland Security do it instead.

Ja Ja Ja - It is already done by Homeland Security - look at who you sent your petition to (and your check).I understand your frustration but you have to be patient - this is like a long wait for a process that in the end will work out in your favor. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Timeline
It is already done by Homeland Security - look at who you sent your petition to (and your check).I understand your frustration but you have to be patient - this is like a long wait for a process that in the end will work out in your favor. Good Luck

Once it leaves USCIS and goes to NVC, it's in the Department of State's hands. The consular staff who handle interviews and such are also DoS employees. Seems to me that's half the problem, since the DoS overseas people are accustomed to dealing with foreign citizens and nonimmigrant aliens whom they can treat like dirt and (almost always) get away with it. Look at how they treated that Indian scientist who wantedto come to the States for an academic conference a few weeks ago.

Imagine if the DMV treated people the way US Citizens marrying a foreign citizen are treated. You file an application, wait eight or ten months for a driving test, they tell you "congratulations, you passed!" Then a couple days later they change their mind, decide to not issue your license, won't tell you why, and sit on the paperwork for three or six more months without explanation? Whoever was running that show would get voted out of office pretty darn quick.

The system is broken. It probably won't be fixed quickly enough to help anyone here now, but it needs to be fixed regardless.

With a name like Oussama, it's going to take a little while longer right now. Remeber, the US govt. is tapping phone calls and e-mails of average citizens IN THE US. Imagine how scary it is for them when a guy from Morocco, who just happens to be named Oussama, is applying to come here.

Just be a little more patient. They're probably checking and rechecking just to make sure all the paperwork is accurate. He will get the visa, it's just going to take the govt. a little more time to remove their heads from their asses.

Good luck to you guys!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
With a name like Oussama, it's going to take a little while longer right now. Remeber, the US govt. is tapping phone calls and e-mails of average citizens IN THE US. Imagine how scary it is for them when a guy from Morocco, who just happens to be named Oussama, is applying to come here.

Just be a little more patient. They're probably checking and rechecking just to make sure all the paperwork is accurate. He will get the visa, it's just going to take the govt. a little more time to remove their heads from their asses.

Good luck to you guys!

called today and they told me they issue the visa today wooooo hoooooo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Congrats!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats,

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.