10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, to all K1 Visa members

Seems from the start our visa has been on a sort of strange track to follow...or maybe i am expecting a more organized system that is supposed to make sense...Sorry I am not complaining, but the only normal thing that happened was to get my filing receipt and NOA1, back in early FEB 2007, everything else is like an illusion.

In my last posting I indicated I tried to check by calling the USCIS-CSC on the actual cancelation of my fiancee'e previous fiance visa by way of the USCIS, because it was still posted on the USCIS WAC# as it still indicates today, that its pending review from way back in 2005. So that's when I called the USCIS 2 or so weeks ago and found out it was administratively cancelled back in 2005, that was a relief..But again their (USCIS-CSC) site is still not updated. Even after my bringing it to their attention...Our WAC# file progress still shows pending its initial review...but when I made the initial call indicated above about the cancellation of the other visa, the guy, threw in oh, by the way your visa is approved...( still no updating as of today on our case approval and no still no physical NOA2?)..I was ok with that, but the last several weeks was at least hoping the NOA2 would physically show up.

Then today I am floored!!!! When I received a simple letter from the National Visa Center telling me your visa has been approved and your file will be forwarded within the next week to the US Manila Embassy and they will be sending my fiance the infamous interview packet. I of couse am SUPER DUPER happy...but am astounded at how little file controls, tracking our particular file process is making, other than now I got the GOOD letter...of were sending your file over...So for me it's a real blessing!!!!So I am both mystified and yet very thankful at the same time. Anyone else have this type of experiences????

Haha, pretty much the same for everyone approved in the last 2 weeks... God only knows what is going on over there... Congrats on the news!!! Lets hope the consulate stage is more organized and goes quickly for you!

Hello, to all K1 Visa members

Seems from the start our visa has been on a sort of strange track to follow...or maybe i am expecting a more organized system that is supposed to make sense...Sorry I am not complaining, but the only normal thing that happened was to get my filing receipt and NOA1, back in early FEB 2007, everything else is like an illusion.

In my last posting I indicated I tried to check by calling the USCIS-CSC on the actual cancelation of my fiancee'e previous fiance visa by way of the USCIS, because it was still posted on the USCIS WAC# as it still indicates today, that its pending review from way back in 2005. So that's when I called the USCIS 2 or so weeks ago and found out it was administratively cancelled back in 2005, that was a relief..But again their (USCIS-CSC) site is still not updated. Even after my bringing it to their attention...Our WAC# file progress still shows pending its initial review...but when I made the initial call indicated above about the cancellation of the other visa, the guy, threw in oh, by the way your visa is approved...( still no updating as of today on our case approval and no still no physical NOA2?)..I was ok with that, but the last several weeks was at least hoping the NOA2 would physically show up.

Then today I am floored!!!! When I received a simple letter from the National Visa Center telling me your visa has been approved and your file will be forwarded within the next week to the US Manila Embassy and they will be sending my fiance the infamous interview packet. I of couse am SUPER DUPER happy...but am astounded at how little file controls, tracking our particular file process is making, other than now I got the GOOD letter...of were sending your file over...So for me it's a real blessing!!!!So I am both mystified and yet very thankful at the same time. Anyone else have this type of experiences????

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations on your I-129F approval and on clearing NVC. Several other posters have commented on how things at CSC seem particularly odd just now.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Sounds like some great news to me... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Make sure at some point you actually get your NOA2 is all... but it is probably just backed up somewhere. Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!

03/16/03: Met the love of my life

01/24/06: Officially began our relationship

11/01/06: He proposed marriage :)

02/17/07: I-129F Sent to NSC

02/23/07: I-129F NOA1

02/28/07: I-129F NOA2 (found out while checking on-line)

03/02/07: Received hard copy NOA1

03/08/07: Received hard copy NOA2

03/13/07: NVC sent packet to La Habana

03/27/07: Telegram "sent" to fiance to pick up packet 3... never received

04/02/07: I contacted the "embassy" to find out status of case and set up pick up date

04/04/07: Fiance picked up packet 3

04/05/07: I called toll-free # here to set up appointment for my fiancé

05/10/07: Interview scheduled for 7:30AM... Visa Approved!!!!!!!!

05/14/07: Picks up passport/visa and brown sealed envelope

05/15/07: Paperwork for the carta blanca turned in

05/24/07: Carta Blanca received and bought plane ticket

06/04/07: Entry into the US... together again!!!!!!!

08/07/07: MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Sounds like some great news to me... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Make sure at some point you actually get your NOA2 is all... but it is probably just backed up somewhere. Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!

Odd or not, you survived the CSC...good luck to you and your SO... :dance::thumbs::dance:

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well said, do make sure you get your NOA2 at some stage as you will be needing it later or you might have to fork out some good money for a new one.

:thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
Well said, do make sure you get your NOA2 at some stage as you will be needing it later or you might have to fork out some good money for a new one.

Document all attempts to obtain your NOA2, Solaris. We never received ours, either, so when it came time to adjust status I sent them copies of all our correspondence, including their acknowledgements, along with the consulate transfer NOA and an explanation in the covering letter. No way was I paying an additional $200 for their neglect. Anyway, so far, it seems to have done the trick because the case has been transferred directly to CSC without any RFE's or request for an interview.

iagree.gif

How about another surprise by checking this site for your fiancee's medical and interview appointment? Maybe she's included in late June or July batch...

Here's where you can check it: http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp

Just enter the MNL case number and click check appointment.

Good luck!

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for all the great input, blessings to all in the journey too...And special thanks for this nice little link...

Solaris.

How about another surprise by checking this site for your fiancee's medical and interview appointment? Maybe she's included in late June or July batch...

Here's where you can check it: http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp

Just enter the MNL case number and click check appointment.

Good luck!

Mae

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.