JonathanP

Went to interview, but...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I had my interview today, and everything seemed to go by smoothly. Unfortunately the I-864 that my wife's father filled in as a joint sponsor was an old 'version' and therefore the Embassy requested that they complete one of the newer I-864 applications, as they could not accept the currently one supplied (although they did mention they were happy with all the information, they simply, as a legal requirement, could not accept the expired application).

As a result, we need to have my wife's father resend the form (He's in the US). Regarding we receive the completed form early next week (Next monday/tuesday), does or has anyone had any similar experience and are able to provide how long it took from the point you had the Courier service pick up your form, to the time you received the approved visa from the embassy?

We were looking to leave the UK before the end of May (29th) to be in the US to celebrate my wife's birthday with her family, but this might not be the case :(

I cannot answer your question, but congratulations you are almost there!!

Good luck and wishing you a speedy return for your passport!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Thanks for your kind words! I hope for a speedy return as well.

I had to send in some information to the Embassy after my interview. It took roughly a month for them to get my visa/passport to me after that.

Just to get an idea of how effective the embassy was for you. How long did it take to receive your visa interview letter after you sent in Packet 3? (if that is the process you went through)? Our whole process has completed very quickly and smoothly (up until this part) and am hoping that having to send this item in isn't going to result in a month delay.

Edited by JonathanP

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for your kind words! I hope for a speedy return as well.

I had to send in some information to the Embassy after my interview. It took roughly a month for them to get my visa/passport to me after that.

Just to get an idea of how effective the embassy was for you. How long did it take to receive your visa interview letter after you sent in Packet 3? (if that is the process you went through)? Our whole process has completed very quickly and smoothly (up until this part) and am hoping that having to send this item in isn't going to result in a month delay.

The time between P3 and P4 was very quick for me too. I remember I had something like ten days notice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After his interivew on March 26, we had to wait for "Administrative Processing" it took about a week before they sent the notice they were ready to issue the visa . They had sent him from interivew without taking his passport. So he had the courrier pick up his passport and then more waiting time for visa to arrive it did about April 19.So I think it took about three weeks from the time they picked up the passport.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
After his interivew on March 26, we had to wait for "Administrative Processing" it took about a week before they sent the notice they were ready to issue the visa . They had sent him from interivew without taking his passport. So he had the courrier pick up his passport and then more waiting time for visa to arrive it did about April 19.So I think it took about three weeks from the time they picked up the passport.

AP is different to having to submit additional information after interview. It can sometimes take months to clear. However, if we disregard that and just deal with the time it takes to get the passport out to the beneficiary, it does seem that 3-4 weeks is the normal time frame to expect.

JonathanP ~ I hope that you are an exception to the rule and get the visa before your wife's birthday. However, I think you need to be prepared to deal with the fact that this might not be possible. Good luck!

I did indeed experience something similar, I had to send in extra support evidence. It was a tuesday, my fiance fed-ex'd it over to me, got it on thursday and then the courier got it on friday and it got to the embassy the tuesday, they issued the visa wednesday and I had it back on friday!

Speedy - I was lucky.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Thanks for the support everyone. Although my wife and I are disappointed, we're happy that the interview went successfully, and now it's just a matter of time.

I did indeed experience something similar, I had to send in extra support evidence. It was a tuesday, my fiance fed-ex'd it over to me, got it on thursday and then the courier got it on friday and it got to the embassy the tuesday, they issued the visa wednesday and I had it back on friday!

Speedy - I was lucky.

These are promising words! Hopefully our case is the same, but we shall see.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hmmmm...how do you find out if your form you sent in is expired?? I'd like to check and make sure the one I sent Craig is fine before his interview date??

I'm sooooooooooo sorry that happened to you, but at least you know you are approved!! It's just a bit of paperwork now :)

Feb. 12, 2007 Application for I129F Rec'd by VSC.

Feb. 13, 2007 NOA1 Sent advising check was rec'd.

Mar. 1, 2007 Email stating NOA2 was hard copy sent to me.

Mar. 7, 2007 Hard Copy NOA2 arrived safely to me!

Mar. 8, 2007 *Touched* by London Consulate

Mar. 19, 2007 Craig Rec'd Packet 3

April 13 - April 22nd joining my guy in the UK for a much needed week of R&R!

April 27, 2007 Medical was successful.

May 16, 2007 Police Certificates finally arrive safely.

May 17, 2007 Checklist mailed to Consolute in London!!

May 30, 2007 Packet 4 Rec'd.

June 21, 2007 INTERVIEW DATE

June 23, 2007 VISA IN HAND!

July 21, 2007 Arrived in USA! Together at last.

Aug. 7, 2007 MARRIED!!

Aug. 21, 2007 Mailed off AOS & EAD Application (along with a whopping 1010.00!!)

Aug. 22, 2007 Application is signed for at the Chicago Lockbox.

"Bring on the battle for AOS!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.