25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just a quick post to let people know that after much heartache, my fiance has been told that his k-1 visa is approved. His quick interview today went well at the Paris embassy. He handed over his passport and was told to expect it by mail in a "few days". He plans to look for flights the first or second week of June! He's coming back.

I on the other hand have to try to figure out how to cancel my flight that I had scheduled to come to see him this summer. Has anyone had to do that? Will the airline company refund part/some of my money? I have to call them today. I'm hoping for a voucher that I might be able to use at a later date.

Here is a link to a video one of my students made of our trip last summer to France. I thought some might like to see it.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING>>>don't give up hope. I can be done. The obstacles that we have overcome have just made our bond stronger. I really think that they sometimes try to make this as long and difficult as possible so that some people give up their request. DON'T GIVE UP.

I know that I will continue to use this forum now that I have found it as we begin the steps necessary for him to remain in the US. Thank you for this site and for the wonderful information and help and encouragement that you give. This is invaluable.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

wooooo hoooooo congrats!! :thumbs:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Congratulations on the visa. You may be able to reschedule the flight it depends on the terms of the ticket. Its best to call them and ask.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Just a quick post to let people know that after much heartache, my fiance has been told that his k-1 visa is approved. His quick interview today went well at the Paris embassy. He handed over his passport and was told to expect it by mail in a "few days". He plans to look for flights the first or second week of June! He's coming back.

I on the other hand have to try to figure out how to cancel my flight that I had scheduled to come to see him this summer. Has anyone had to do that? Will the airline company refund part/some of my money? I have to call them today. I'm hoping for a voucher that I might be able to use at a later date.

Here is a link to a video one of my students made of our trip last summer to France. I thought some might like to see it.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING>>>don't give up hope. I can be done. The obstacles that we have overcome have just made our bond stronger. I really think that they sometimes try to make this as long and difficult as possible so that some people give up their request. DON'T GIVE UP.

I know that I will continue to use this forum now that I have found it as we begin the steps necessary for him to remain in the US. Thank you for this site and for the wonderful information and help and encouragement that you give. This is invaluable.

congrats-5.gif

RhondaM,

Whether the airline refunds all, some or any of your money depends on the type of ticket purchased. Some bargain tickets, for example, are typically non-refundable while other full-fare tickets may be completely refundable (sometimes minus a small fee). So your airline can advise you - all you have to do is call. :thumbs:

Am sure you'll be on VJ - plenty more to do once he gets here...

By the way - can you update/complete your time-line? (It would help others down the road to have complete times...) :yes:

congrats-5.gif

RhondaM,

Whether the airline refunds all, some or any of your money depends on the type of ticket purchased. Some bargain tickets, for example, are typically non-refundable while other full-fare tickets may be completely refundable (sometimes minus a small fee). So your airline can advise you - all you have to do is call. :thumbs:

Am sure you'll be on VJ - plenty more to do once he gets here...

By the way - can you update/complete your time-line? (It would help others down the road to have complete times...) :yes:

Thanks, yes--I will update. You know I tried to edit timeline and couldn't find out the right way. I'm not the most "gifted" with technology, but will update as soon as I figure out how to!

Thanks, yes--I will update. You know I tried to edit timeline and couldn't find out the right way. I'm not the most "gifted" with technology, but will update as soon as I figure out how to!

Lol...I don't think it's a matter of gifted, just that we don't get to do it often enough.. lol.. anyway - if you click on My Assistant - you'll see Add/Edit My Timeline..

Congrats again... :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats!!!

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I wish you and your love a long and happy life together!!!!

AJ1 (L)(F)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Congratulations on the visa!

WRT the flight.... based on my experience, a travel agent will hold the ticket for up to one year, then charge a nominal fee (~$150) to use the remainder of the value of the voucher towards another flight. (Doesn't have to be to the same destination.) If you purchased the ticket directly from an airline, they will normally refund the money less an administration fee.... depending upon the airline. Check your particular airline web site for terms and conditions.

Loved the video. Some of those shots were taken by a very gifted person with an artistic eye. Lucky them.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

WRT the flight.... based on my experience, a travel agent will hold the ticket for up to one year, then charge a nominal fee (~$150) to use the remainder of the value of the voucher towards another flight. (Doesn't have to be to the same destination.) If you purchased the ticket directly from an airline, they will normally refund the money less an administration fee.... depending upon the airline. Check your particular airline web site for terms and conditions.

Loved the video. Some of those shots were taken by a very gifted person with an artistic eye. Lucky them.

thanks for the info. I will be calling the airline tomorrow. As for the video, it is the nicest gift that I have ever received from a student :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

thanks for the info. I will be calling the airline tomorrow. As for the video, it is the nicest gift that I have ever received from a student :-)

Congrats and good luck to you and your SO... :dance::thumbs::dance:

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congrats and good luck to you and your SO... :dance::thumbs::dance:

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.