brownj4

expidite and waivers

9 posts in this topic

does anbody know if you can have your I129F expedited?? Also, the border told my fiance that he needed a waiver along with his visa to re-enter the States? Where do we apply for a waiver and how long does it take to get it? Thnks for your help! :thumbs:

Only if you are in the military and you have orders to be deployed can you have a petition expedited.

A wavier for what?

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A few things that are un-clear, what visa are you filing for? Your profile lacks data so I can only assume K-1, please fill in the details, "YOU ARE NOT FILING FOR N/A" You dont have a timeline so again cannot use that to get an idea about your situation.

If you want to have people answer your questions with any degree of accuracy you need to fill in the details in your profile and do a timeline.

:time: Yours: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=34741

No way to expedite a petition, unless you are in the military and are just about to be deployed.

Explain why the POE officer said a waiver was needed, over stay?, Commit a crime? or some other inadmissibility reason?

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline
A few things that are un-clear, what visa are you filing for? Your profile lacks data so I can only assume K-1, please fill in the details, "YOU ARE NOT FILING FOR N/A" You dont have a timeline so again cannot use that to get an idea about your situation.

If you want to have people answer your questions with any degree of accuracy you need to fill in the details in your profile and do a timeline.

:time: Yours: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=34741

No way to expedite a petition, unless you are in the military and are just about to be deployed.

Explain why the POE officer said a waiver was needed, over stay?, Commit a crime? or some other inadmissibility reason?

ok, sorry about that...im new and was not(still not) really sure what is going on....but thanks for the response, let me know if i didnt do something i should have. Well, they said he needed a wavier because we were coming from canada and going into the States, and he realized he didnt have his passport....so they kept us there for about 8 hours, then told him he could not come back until he had a visa and a waiver

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
ok, sorry about that...im new and was not(still not) really sure what is going on....but thanks for the response, let me know if i didnt do something i should have. Well, they said he needed a wavier because we were coming from canada and going into the States, and he realized he didnt have his passport....so they kept us there for about 8 hours, then told him he could not come back until he had a visa and a waiver

I doubt a waiver will be needed for that, just have the passport next time, and a visa in it (K-1). The visa may not be needed if just visiting, you will need to show ties to Canada, such as work info ect.

Ties info can be found here: http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/co...rting_documents

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

I doubt a waiver will be needed for that, just have the passport next time, and a visa in it (K-1). The visa may not be needed if just visiting, you will need to show ties to Canada, such as work info ect.

Ties info can be found here: http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/co...rting_documents

thanks, even though they stated he needed a waiver, do you think he could come to the states if he has his passport and while our K-1 is pending?

If he has his passport he should be able to cross the border without a problem. He may want to carry proof of "ties to the home country" in case he is ever asked. Pay stubs, mortgage/lease paperwork can be used.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
thanks, even though they stated he needed a waiver, do you think he could come to the states if he has his passport and while our K-1 is pending?

Whether or not he needs a waiver will be determined at the interview, based on what happened to him at the last entry. Border personnel are not generally qualified to advise people accurately on immigration law.

I suggest you consult with a qualified immigration attorney, not only to answer your question about entering the US with a passport while the I-129F is pending, but also to understand clearly whether or not a waiver will be necessary. If they kept him there for 8 hours, it wasn't a "no big deal" situation.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/inel...ities_1364.html

Classes of Aliens Ineligible to Receive Visas

(A) Immigrants.-

(i) In general.-Except as otherwise specifically provided in this Act, any immigrant at the time of application for admission-

(I) who is not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by this Act, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality if such document is required under the regulations issued by the Attorney General under section 211(a), or

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

YuandDan,

It is my understanding that expedite requests are sometimes granted when the USC has a very serious medical condition and can demonstrate that the beneficiary can provide supportive care. It is apparently rare for expedites to be granted for medical reasons -- and pregnancy does not constitute a valid medical emergency. A life-threatening illness or an illness that confines the petitioner to bed apparently sometimes result in successful requests to expedite.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.