Holly and Brett

Visa interview, Melb Australia

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I know I'm a bit early to be thinking about these kinds of questions as we haven't even gotten our NOA2 yet, but I'm trying to write everything down in a scrapbook-type thing so I can get a handle on this huge process.

anyway, I was reading on the Melbourne US Consulate's website, that:

"Note: All immigrant visa applications are processed at the U.S. Consulate in Sydney, regardless of where in Australia the applicant resides. The Embassy in Canberra and the Consulates in Perth and Melbourne do not process immigrant or fiancé(e) visa applications."

Does this mean the interview takes place in Sydney? Or once I've been interviewed at Melbourne, they simply process the visa itself up in Sydney? I'll fly up there if I have to, but it seems yet another stressful thing to go through.

Thanks to anyone who might respond.. this forum is certainly a life-saver!

"When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

1FELp11.png

Our Timeline:

November 04: Meet in Yahoo chats.

22 May 05: Brett writes "I love you" in the sky with a flame-thrower in Wolfenstein. Officially a couple!

03 June 2005: Holly flies to Oregon for 1 month visit.

10 October 2005: Brett flies to Australia for 6 months!

05 April 2006: Holly and Brett fly back to Oregon. Holly stays 3 months then flies home alone :(

September 06: Brett (as an orc) proposes to Holly (as an undead) on a scenic mountain in World of Warcraft! "I can't believe I'm marrying a zombie! Ow! Why're you biting me?!"

22 March 07: Send in I-129f

05 April 07: NOA1

26 June 07: NOA2

20 July 07: Packet 3 received.

If Australia is anything like Canada, they'll process and have the interview in Sydney, much like how Canadians have to have their interviews at only Montreal and Vancouver.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks, yeah, I just found concrete evidence that I'll have to fly to Sydney for the interview. Bleh! :(

"When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

1FELp11.png

Our Timeline:

November 04: Meet in Yahoo chats.

22 May 05: Brett writes "I love you" in the sky with a flame-thrower in Wolfenstein. Officially a couple!

03 June 2005: Holly flies to Oregon for 1 month visit.

10 October 2005: Brett flies to Australia for 6 months!

05 April 2006: Holly and Brett fly back to Oregon. Holly stays 3 months then flies home alone :(

September 06: Brett (as an orc) proposes to Holly (as an undead) on a scenic mountain in World of Warcraft! "I can't believe I'm marrying a zombie! Ow! Why're you biting me?!"

22 March 07: Send in I-129f

05 April 07: NOA1

26 June 07: NOA2

20 July 07: Packet 3 received.

Hey there,

All visa interviews take place in SYD. I am flying up there the day before my interview from MEL.

I had the medical done in Melbourne and the VIC police certificate took less than a week.

Goodluck with your journey!!

Also take a look at the LAND DOWNUNDER forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27

Edited by hollywood79

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.