Ahmad

I-130 K3 Visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anybody know if I have to add information in the I-130 package showing a bonafide marriage. I am sending a copy of my marriage certificate and they are asking for proof of a bonafide marriage ie.. (joint account, joint tenancy, etc..) I got married in morocco and the only thing that I can show is the marriage certificate. She can not go on any account until she comes here. I want to know has anybody dealt with this issue. Please help!!

Thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Does anybody know if I have to add information in the I-130 package showing a bonafide marriage. I am sending a copy of my marriage certificate and they are asking for proof of a bonafide marriage ie.. (joint account, joint tenancy, etc..) I got married in morocco and the only thing that I can show is the marriage certificate. She can not go on any account until she comes here. I want to know has anybody dealt with this issue. Please help!!

Thanks

A copy of the marriage certificate is enough. When I filed fo rmy husband that is the only proof that I had. A happy a quick journey I hope for you.

Consulate : Nigeria

Marriage : 2006-07-27

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-16

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-08-26

I-129F Sent : 2006-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-10-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-12-01

NVC Received : 2006-12-12

NVC Left : 2006-12-13

Consulate Received : 2007-02-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-02-08

Interview Date : 2007-04-23

I-130 Approval : 2006-10-26

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks

A copy of the marriage certificate is enough. When I filed fo rmy husband that is the only proof that I had. A happy a quick journey I hope for you.

Thank you so much!! (God Bless)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks

I had the same issue, in addition to the marriage certificate, I also sent two affidavits from my mom and my wifes father attesting to the marriage as both of them were present for the wedding. The details of that are in the form I-130. They just have to say who they are, how they know you and how they know about the marriage. I had mine scanned and emailed over. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hello,

If you have a US bank account enquire as to whether you can add your wife to a checking account or joint savings account. My husband was able to do this for me based on my date of birth and my passport number. I am not sure if all banks offer this option but it is worth asking the question. It takes a while to get the name added to the checking account as you need to send paperwork back and forth but our saving account was opened on the same day. I sent this as proof, there is only $25.01 in at the moment but still it is a step in the right direction!!

My husband is due to send our packet today, so as we are at abou the same point keep in touch. Best of luck!

Emma

Married 16th April 2007 - Seattle :)

17th April completing military paperwork (Honeymoon?)

Emma flew back to UK 18th April 2007 :(

Change of name documents arrived for Emma and children

Fedex Em's paper work for I-130 to E in US - 10/05/07

E completed all his paper work - 13/05/07 (I'm impressed!)

Emma had nightmare that all her details were filled out incorrectly and actually spent 6 hours thinking it was real - 13th May !!!!!!

first hiccup - E "out" with work can't get to post office now until 21st May!!!

24th May 2007 - I-130 posted

29th May 2007 - I-130 received at 7am (somebody starts work early!!)

13th June Cheques cleared - one small step but an exciting one!

15th October NOA2 received - 145 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since I'm a newly wed with my husband being in a different country, all I could send were the marriage certificate and 2 affidavits from my mom and sister. That was enough and we were approved in less than 90 days.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.