Amina_KSA

DCF still possible?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi and Salaam gang,

I keep hearing conflicting information...can we still file for DCFs after the whole Adam Walsh situation???

Hubby is Egyptian but we live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and will be filing from here (Riyadh). We have TRIED to contact the embassy a million times and they NEVER answer the phone and they also do not answer emails...it's difficult to get there physically because of the driving restrictions here on females and the very short window of time they see individuals for immigration questions.

:help:

Thanks guys!

Emily

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Hi and Salaam gang,

I keep hearing conflicting information...can we still file for DCFs after the whole Adam Walsh situation???

Hubby is Egyptian but we live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and will be filing from here (Riyadh). We have TRIED to contact the embassy a million times and they NEVER answer the phone and they also do not answer emails...it's difficult to get there physically because of the driving restrictions here on females and the very short window of time they see individuals for immigration questions.

Thanks guys!

Emily

Salam Amina

yes you can file your petition in riyadh post

i think my wife and I have the same case as you

you can check my timeline and post, so you could find the similarity for your case

you need to fill the following as instructed to do so

1- I-130 form ( fill in all information they asked for in this form, it is 2 pages "page 5 and 6" staple it and sign it as the

petitioner (since ur husband is the beneficiary) , there are 4 pages to instruct and help you

2- g-325a form ( it is 4 pages)

A- G-325a for you (Sign all pages and staple as one part)

B- G-325a for your husband (Sign all pages and staple as one part)

3- Marriage Certificate

A- if it is in Arabic Language, you have to translate it

B- take both the original certificate and the translated with you

C- one photocopy for each the original and translated

4- passport Size photograph for each of you

A- you can check the photograph specification, if you cant find it, just inform me and i'll tell you the

requirements for the photographs .

5- Original Passports for both of you and photocopies for the Bio pages of each

6- $190 Fees for I-130 Form

7- If Applicable you US Birth certificate (they won't ask for it, but just in case )

8- go to the Embassy in Diplomatic quarter from Saturday- Wedensday between 2pm and 5pm

9- you don't need appointment so dont bother yourself and the embassy officeres to get appointment

(just go to the embassy and don't wait in the queue and tell the gate security that you gonna file IV Petition)

10- the officer will ask you some questions then he/she will tell you to go home till they inform you about the approval

from the CIS.

11- before you go home ask him to give you the IV package (first page color is pinky)

12- after one or two weeks they will call you to tell whether CIS has approved ur petition or not

13- if they approved ur petition, Gongratulation now you can proceed with ur IV package (Medical Examination,

Affidavit of support, DS230 patr II etc)

thats it

Good luck

Hi and Salaam gang,

Thanks guys!

Emily

Salam Amina

yes you can file your petition in riyadh post

i think my wife and I have the same case as you

you can check my timeline and post, so you could find the similarity for your case

you need to fill the following as instructed to do so

1- I-130 form ( fill in all information they asked for in this form, it is 2 pages "page 5 and 6" staple it and sign it as the

petitioner (since ur husband is the beneficiary) , there are 4 pages to instruct and help you

2- g-325a form ( it is 4 pages)

A- G-325a for you (Sign all pages and staple as one part)

B- G-325a for your husband (Sign all pages and staple as one part)

3- Marriage Certificate

A- if it is in Arabic Language, you have to translate it

B- take both the original certificate and the translated with you

C- one photocopy for each the original and translated

4- passport Size photograph for each of you

A- you can check the photograph specification, if you cant find it, just inform me and i'll tell you the

requirements for the photographs .

5- Original Passports for both of you and photocopies for the Bio pages of each

6- $190 Fees for I-130 Form

7- If Applicable you US Birth certificate (they won't ask for it, but just in case )

8- go to the Embassy in Diplomatic quarter from Saturday- Wedensday between 2pm and 5pm

9- you don't need appointment so dont bother yourself and the embassy officeres to get appointment

(just go to the embassy and don't wait in the queue and tell the gate security that you gonna file IV Petition)

10- the officer will ask you some questions then he/she will tell you to go home till they inform you about the approval

from the CIS.

11- before you go home ask him to give you the IV package (first page color is pinky)

12- after one or two weeks they will call you to tell whether CIS has approved ur petition or not

13- if they approved ur petition, Gongratulation now you can proceed with ur IV package (Medical Examination,

Affidavit of support, DS230 patr II etc)

thats it

Good luck

:thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Timeline

Salaam,

Thank you SO MUCH!!! It's SOOO nice to know that we are not the only ones trying to do this from Riyadh.

We're wondering about the police record from any country you've ever lived in thing....my husband went to graduate school in Holland and the Netherlands happens to be one of the few countries which sends the records directly to the embassy. So, we are not sure how to do that...like when do we contact Holland and do we have to give them a file number to reference at the US Embassy?

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

Salaam,

Thank you SO MUCH!!! It's SOOO nice to know that we are not the only ones trying to do this from Riyadh.

We're wondering about the police record from any country you've ever lived in thing....my husband went to graduate school in Holland and the Netherlands happens to be one of the few countries which sends the records directly to the embassy. So, we are not sure how to do that...like when do we contact Holland and do we have to give them a file number to reference at the US Embassy?

i think your husband must get a police clearance from any country he has a legal residency for more than six months

he seems to be any egyption, i think you can call the embassy of egypt here in riyadh and ask them about this issue

about holland im sorry, i cant give you a full answer but also you can call the Holland embassy in riyadh and ask them for Police clearance

good luck

Timeline
Salaam,

i think your husband must get a police clearance from any country he has a legal residency for more than six months

he seems to be any egyption, i think you can call the embassy of egypt here in riyadh and ask them about this issue

about holland im sorry, i cant give you a full answer but also you can call the Holland embassy in riyadh and ask them for Police clearance

good luck

Rome,

Sorry to bother you..just another question if you don't mind.

Another member of this forum just brought it to my attention that people can only file an I-130 in the same country that they were married in. I was under the impression that you can file from any country as long as you are a legal resident of that country (in this case, have a Saudi Iqama, etc)...My husband and I were married in Egypt, but we were definitely under the impression that we could apply at the Embassy in the DQ here in Riyadh. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Emily

I am Romanian, my husband is USC, we got married in Denmark and we reside in Germany so we started DCF with no problem in Frankfurt Germany.

DCF Frankfurt Germany

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

Living in Maryland

Timeline
Salaam,

good luck

Rome,

Sorry to bother you..just another question if you don't mind.

Another member of this forum just brought it to my attention that people can only file an I-130 in the same country that they were married in. I was under the impression that you can file from any country as long as you are a legal resident of that country (in this case, have a Saudi Iqama, etc)...My husband and I were married in Egypt, but we were definitely under the impression that we could apply at the Embassy in the DQ here in Riyadh. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Emily

Another question, SO SORRY..someone pull the plug on my computer, I know!

On the G-325A form it says to hand in all copies of the form filled out...there are 4 pages which print out, yet we only need to 2...do we hand in only two, or do we hand in all 4 with two blank? Also, when it continually asks for my husband's address do we list his current address in KSA or his perm. address in Egypt???

And, on the G-325A, I fill out one and he fills out one...yet essentially aside from whose name goes first, both forms are the same since the "applicant" (him) is the same on both forms, is that correct?

And ONE LAST THING...on the G-325A it asks for his alien registration number, he doesn't have one...so what do we do?

G-325A has 4 identical pages. You need to fill all the 4 pages with the same info for you....another G-325A with 4 pages for your husband. :thumbs:

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Timeline
G-325A has 4 identical pages. You need to fill all the 4 pages with the same info for you....another G-325A with 4 pages for your husband. :thumbs:

and what about the alian registration number?

on your form put the alien reg number if you have one (ex if you've been naturalized you have one), if you do not have do not put. the same for your husband. ;)

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Timeline
on your form put the alien reg number if you have one (ex if you've been naturalized you have one), if you do not have do not put. the same for your husband. ;)

I know I sound dumb...

I don't have one b/c I am a born US citizen, my husband does not have one since he is the one applying for US naturalization in the first place...although the form seems to stress the alien reg. number as if it is manditory.

Also, on all EIGHT forms...which are all identical...the information is basically the same all eight times, right? The info for the applicant is always the same info about my husband, whether the form is for me or him, right? I'm the petitioner, he's the applicant?

oh my head is going to explode...thank you so much for putting up with me!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaamz Amina... Due to the new law DCF is much difficult and longer process, but still possible. You should check the residency requirements for your SO's country...mine is 6m residency... once you have completed the residency requirements you will be able to file. But eh catch is sometimes obtaining residency is the difficult part...once you have that settled file and a faster reply then K3 visa! Bonne chance!

I don't have one b/c I am a born US citizen, my husband does not have one since he is the one applying for US naturalization in the first place...although the form seems to stress the alien reg. number as if it is manditory.

Also, on all EIGHT forms...which are all identical...the information is basically the same all eight times, right? The info for the applicant is always the same info about my husband, whether the form is for me or him, right? I'm the petitioner, he's the applicant?

correct

and the alien reg no, you do not have you don't put

Edited by MaydayDas

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You just put N/A for your and his alien registration number. You also fill out all 4 Gs325 forms. They are NOT identical. At the bottom there will be different things-- like copy for consulate, copy for service center, copy for NVC, etc. Print off the form from the USCIS site and you will see they are not the same. The information is the same that you fill out though.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.