Milenka

Small question about documents for interview...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone. I already have the I-134 all figured out, but now I have a few qeuestions about some documents needed for the interview. On the Moscow embassy website, it says we need an original DHL airbill, do we need to just get this from a DHL office? Does anyone know how much it will cost to send it to a Moscow address? Does it need to be pre-paid in some way before the interview? Just curious how that works...also does the police certificate need an apostil stamp? Does anything else need it? Which documents need to be translated? And can we do it ourselves? Sorry for so many questions! Thanks in advance. Milena.

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Timeline

Milena,

No need to apologize for all the questions, that is what we are all here for to ask questions and to share our expereince with others. There are many people on this site that have already gone through this stage of the process and I am sure can give you the correct information. My fiancee's interview is June 13th and I can give you my understanding of what is needed from your questions.

1. DHL - There are designated DHL offices that the Embassy resommends near the Embassy office in Moscow. You should go to one of those offices to get your prepaid DHL airbill. You must present this at the time of the interview. It is my understanding that they will not send your visa, if you do not have the prepaid DHL airbill. I do not know the cost of DHL.

2. Translated documents - The Embassy website states "Copies and translations of each document into English are required. Translations must be notarized only when the original is in a language OTHER than Russian. (e.g. a translation from Ukrainian into English must be notarized, translation from Russian into English does not need to be notarized). " The only document that I know of that is required to be other then English is Supplement DS-156K form. The form must be filled out in Russian. DO NOT SIGN DS-156K. No DS-156K supplement is required for immigrating child.

3. Police certificate - This should be stamped by the preparing agency.

I hope this answers your questions. I am sure others who have already been through this will give you more information.

Basil

Timeline

There is a DHL office right next to the Embassy. If you are at the North Entrance where you go in for the visa look to the right, setting back just a bit and you will see a buidling that is really a shopping mall. There is a DHL sign there. The DHL office is in that building on the lower level in the left rear. I think it was something like $ 15-16.00 for the prepaid mailer.

There is one other DHL office in Moscow. It is in the center but I was not there to know where it was.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In 2004:

1. Airbill was given to us at DHL for a cost of around 900 rubles to have the visa delivered to their office! Shockingly expensive!

2. Police certificate was submitted in its original form (as given) to the embassy. No translations, notarizations, or apostles.

All of this info will be in your fiance's packet. (At least, it should be!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

actually we didn't get any packet from the embassy yet, because we are waiting for our NOA2. I am just trying to get all the documents together, because I have some free time, and like to be prepared in advance...so, thanks for any advice :) Milena.

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow. Being prepared! I wouldn't know what that is like, I never have been before (for anything).

actually we didn't get any packet from the embassy yet, because we are waiting for our NOA2. I am just trying to get all the documents together, because I have some free time, and like to be prepared in advance...so, thanks for any advice :) Milena.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My husband just received his packet. all the info/instructions/forms are in there.

same info as on the embassy'a website......the only difference is they didn't ask for DS-156K in the packet but we filled it out anyway.......hope this helps.......

Wow! You're preparing very early! Good for you. It will all be in the packet once he gets it. In the mean time, as posted, you can check on the embassy website and they'll have what's necessary as well. (VJ also has a pretty good guide!)

The most important thing to have now is patience!!!

Good luck!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.