bowflex

Update on our Case being processed after Denial

65 posts in this topic

Well,

It's been a month and 4 days since our denial on April 5, and little really has been done. My senator and our lawyer has called the Consulate and specifically talked to the woman who "interviewed" us, and she has twice said that she'd work on our case soon, and that she received the additional information proving she was wrong. The first time she issued the statement was a week after our case, then when we had my senator's office call last week, she actually was aggitated that we had her contacted again, and said again it'd be soon.

At this point we are waiting until Monday, then I'm going to schedule an actual meeting with my senator in Washington. The woman has stopped answering calls from my lawyer, and even has gone so far as to not return any messages left. The best part was when I called the Consulate last week (she actually told my lawyer to call mid to the end of the week, which we did, for an update) the customer service person who picked up actually gave me attitude, and said that "you're not the only case at the Consulate you know."

At this point it's getting fairly comical, but I'm just trying to get by everyday by thinking that at any point I may find out that I can go and pick up my wife within days.

I'm glad for all of you who've been approved, and please keep us in your thoughts, as I can't tell you how hard waiting a month after you thought your significant other would be back really is.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My heart goes out to you guys.. Hubby & I will start grumbling about our own journey, and then we realize (with the help of what others have been through), that we have been blessed.. Here's hoping for a quick decision for you guys so you can be united again!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

My heart goes out to you guys.. Hubby & I will start grumbling about our own journey, and then we realize (with the help of what others have been through), that we have been blessed.. Here's hoping for a quick decision for you guys so you can be united again!

Thank you very much for this. It's especially tough seeing how the turn around time for most people here is 6 months or less, and we've been going for so long now. I can't even imagine how my wife feels either, as she's been going through various immigration process for over 15 years! Thanks again, we appreciate it!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It must be like a kick in the face to read other's journey's.. "especially the OMG I didn't get my green card and it's been 2 weeks" stuff.. UGH.. Feeling for you guys.. hang in there.. Good will come for you two!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's infuriating :angry: ... the only thing to do is keep positive (smile while gritting your teeth) and eventually (hopefully much sooner than later) this will all be just a bitter memory.

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Yes we were definitely not happy when we found out that she'd again be the one reviewing the file. We actually had quite a bit of evidence to shoot down her original reason at the actual "interview", but she refused to review it. We sent in a few other documents with this response to her, but all in all it was basically the same information we had on us, plus a note from our attorney stating she was wrong. It's EXTREMELY frustrating to know that a 32 page fax has been sitting on her desk for three weeks, and that it should've been approved in the first place.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Indeed... in this case your senator's office and your attorney might have more luck if they talk to the Chief of the Immigrant Visa Unit in Montreal... and if push comes to shove.. the Deputy Consul or the Consul himself...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope your case gets resolved soon! :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We're hoping that this will all be resolved soon so you and your Wife can enjoy life together the way it should be

There was and is no need for this to be happening. I think that miserable person is now delaying this trying to find a way to justify what she has done. No doubt she knows she did wrong.

Once again we hope you'll be hearing positive news soon on all the injustice that has taken place

Allie & Lorry

I find it disturbing that the same person who denied the visa is the same person who is reviewing it during the escalation process. Judging by the attitude of this person there is definitely a conflict of interest. We wish you all the best.

Hope you hear something very soon. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I agree with the above...it's totally inappropriate for the same person who denied the visa to be reviewing it again.

Thinking of you both!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

wow...My thoughts are with you and your family. I want to wish you all the best of luck! I can only imagine your frustration. :blink::wacko:

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's like they have the attitude there, that they have to answer to no one. I can see them giving us pee-on tax payers grief , but geeezus, theyre cocking off to your Senator too.

Hope this gets worked out soon for you Boflex and Serendipity :)

google.gif

It sounds like it's the mean lady who'd answer the phone when we'd call. :girlwerewolf2xn:

Best of luck with everything.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.