madmcc22555

ongoing relationship

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

how many of you approved vj's flew over to your fiance's after your noa2. Does this help your on going relationship proof. I have a problem getting time off work as we'll as money trying to save for our house in good old expensive N.J. are phone bills enough I'm a little unclear on this. Wow just heard my check was cashed on may 3rd I sent on fri the 27th that was fast baby. vsc thank's to all on anwsers of this

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
how many of you approved vj's flew over to your fiance's after your noa2. Does this help your on going relationship proof. I have a problem getting time off work as we'll as money trying to save for our house in good old expensive N.J. are phone bills enough I'm a little unclear on this. Wow just heard my check was cashed on may 3rd I sent on fri the 27th that was fast baby. vsc thank's to all on anwsers of this

I flew over post petition filing... similar to doing it after NOA2. Does it help? It certainly does not hurt.....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you can't, you can't. You don't want to go bankrupt or lose your job - that will mess up the financial parts of the process later.

Start sending each other letters. Keep your phone bills. Send some non-racy email that is suitable for printing.

Since you're a (lucky) VSCer, I can understand how the process might go faster than you can, when it comes to flying back and forth for visits.

Best of luck!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If you can't, you can't. You don't want to go bankrupt or lose your job - that will mess up the financial parts of the process later.

Start sending each other letters. Keep your phone bills. Send some non-racy email that is suitable for printing.

Since you're a (lucky) VSCer, I can understand how the process might go faster than you can, when it comes to flying back and forth for visits.

Best of luck!

You do what you can to show evidence of an ongoing relationship as described above. Certainly visas have been issued to many who only met and visited one time. More is better but if you can't, you can't. Whether subsequent visits are before or after NOA2 is not an issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I visited 1 time to meet my SO, then again at the time of interview to be there for support, the interview coincided with spring festival so looked good.

More than one visit is a good thing.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I flew up to visit my husband several times while he was my fiancé. The last three times were between NOA1 and NOA2. I can't say it helped but it sure didn't hurt. We were approved early February 2006 and I flew up later that month and then again six weeks later. I did get questioned both times after the NOA2 was sent, but I had my documentation and necessary papers.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

You've got to do what's best for you both. Personally, I'm seeing my fiance next month. I haven't seen him since October 30th 5:10 am when the airport shuttle arrived at the hotel.

I would much rather have fewer bucks in the bank and get 7-10 days with him every few months than have a significant savings and a depleted spirit. A friend reminded me that each time I come back from seeing MS, I radiate. It's so true. We're both careful with money, and I've made concessions at home which enable me to save and visit him.

I have to see MS. Seeing him and being with him keeps me happy. It keeps me sane. And I fall more in love with him each time.

MM and MS

San Francisco and Istanbul

I-129F Received (CSC): February 21, 2007

Filing Fee Check Cashed: February 26, 2007

NOA1 Issued: February 28, 2007

Touched: March 1, 2007

Touched: May 7, 2007

RFE Issued: May 8, 2007

RFE Reply Sent: June 25, 2007 (wrong PO Box)

RFE Reply Sent: July 12, 2007 (correct address)

RFE Reply Received (CSC): July 19, 2007

Touched: July 20, 2007

NOA2 Issued: July 27, 2007

Petition Received (NVC): August 20,2007

Petition Sent to Embassy (Ankara, Turkey): August 22, 2007

Packet 3 Arrived: September 11, 2007

I know I visited my fiance for two weeks in PA between the NOA1 and NOA2, and subsequently we received our NOA2 while I was there. Part of the documentation we submitted in our package to USCIS was the itinerary for that specific trip. I know that it wasn't noted on our application that I was planning to visit him after we submitted our package, but I would guess that it definitely helped to prove that we had an ongoing relationship. :)

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Timeline

As far as ongoing proof, look here for examples:

The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Another trip has no bearing on your approval, IMO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Meeting more than once is always a good thing. Our engagement was on my second trip. I plan on attending the interview with my fiance which will be my third trip. I think the timming is as important. My second trip shows proof of ongoing relationship since it was after the filling of the petition. Taking more than one trip isn't needed but helps IMO.

N-400 for Citizenship.

09/15/2010 Application Sent.

09/22/2010 Check Cashed.

09/23/2010 NOA Sent.

09/27/2010 NOA Received.

10/15/2010 Biometric Appointment.

01/26/2011 Interview Letter.

02/24/2011 Interview Date. PASSED!!!!!!!!

03/25/2011 Received oath ceremony letter

04/21/2011 Oath Ceremony @ 12:30PM

Oath Ceremony Completed. Now A US Citizenship.

I-130 Petition for Mother

05/05/2011 Application Sent To Chicago Lockbox.

05/11/2011 Check Cashed.

05/14/2011 Received NOA.

08/03/2011 RFE Notice Sent.

08/06/2011 RFE Received.

08/22/2011 Send Additional Evidence.

08/25/2011 Status Update Changed To RFE Received.

09/02/2011 Approval Notice Sent.

09/06/2011 Approval Letter Received.

09/29/2011 Received Email With NVC Number, Fee, And Choice Of Agent Form.

09/29/2011 Paid NVC $88.00 Fee Online.

09/30/2011 Online Status Changed To Paid.

10/07/2011 Emailed Choice Of Agent Form.

10/12/2011 Paid $404.00 IV Fee Online.

10/14/2011 Online Status Changed To Paid.

01/10/2012 Email From NVC Stating Case Complete And Interview Date 02/16/2012 @ 7AM

01/18/2012 Medical Appointment

02/16/2012 Interview Date PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.