hath

what to send after the approval of I-130

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hi everyone

i and my wife decided to go though I-130 visa . i want to know what documents we have to send after the approval of I-130 petition?

THNNKS

Please read the guides and then come back with questions. There is no such thing as an I-130 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
hi pushbrk

i meant I-130 petition

I know. Once you've read the appropriate guides you will probably have more specific questions. The guides have comprehensive answers to your initial general question. Please read them and fill in your timeline.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
hi pushbrk

i meant I-130 petition

I know. Once you've read the appropriate guides you will probably have more specific questions. The guides have comprehensive answers to your initial general question. Please read them and fill in your timeline.

Timeline

It is a good idea to closely read and follow all the instructions provided at the various websites, especially the USCIS website. However, this forum should provide good information to you, instead of just snippy comments. In my experience, after filing the I-130, I received a form I-797C, Notice of Receipt. Once you have received notification that the I-130 has been received, you need to file an I-129F along with a photocopy of the form I-797C that you received, and any other required forms. Read the instructions carefully in order to avoid processing delays. There will be an additional filing fee. Check the website. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129F.pdf Good luck and God bless you both.

Timeline

Ignore what I just said. Just follow the instructions provided by the USCIS. After reading the instructions at the website (especially instruction #10), I read the I-129F it is needed for only "nonimmigrant" visas. Very sorry. This is the path I took, but the rules have apparently changed. A good suggestion is to call the USCIS if you have any questions.

Timeline
It is a good idea to closely read and follow all the instructions provided at the various websites, especially the USCIS website. However, this forum should provide good information to you, instead of just snippy comments. In my experience, after filing the I-130, I received a form I-797C, Notice of Receipt. Once you have received notification that the I-130 has been received, you need to file an I-129F along with a photocopy of the form I-797C that you received, and any other required forms. Read the instructions carefully in order to avoid processing delays. There will be an additional filing fee. Check the website. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129F.pdf Good luck and God bless you both.

Considering advice to read the guides and post a timeline to be "snippy comments" is a gross miscalculation. It is actually the very best possible advice that could be given at this point. One can obtain comprehensive information and then with the information in their timeline to guide the specific answers, the OP can come back and ask the more specific questions that come to them as they read the comprehensive guides.

What would be rude, would be for one to expect others to reinvent the guides for them instead of reading them.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

You nailed it!!!!!

I was once a newbie here (still I am). Sure, I read the guidelines BUT there are parts that are confusing and that I may have "other" interpretations with, to ease up my mind, I posted a query and only to get snippy comment from somebody here. Darn, it was really unfriendly. But well, to her/his own.

It is a good idea to closely read and follow all the instructions provided at the various websites, especially the USCIS website. However, this forum should provide good information to you, instead of just snippy comments.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hath, what visa are you hoping to get approved for? K-3 or CR-1?

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

thanks monoke28 and everyone for your reply that very nice of you...just to make it clear i and my wife decided not to send the I129 but to go through only I-130 i hope its clear now. so i want to know what we have to do after we get the aproval of I-130 taking into consideration that we 'll not go through k3

thanks so much

After the approval, USCIS will forward your case to NVC where it will be about 3 months. It is time for you to go to NVC Forum and read all instructions there.

thanks monoke28 and everyone for your reply that very nice of you...just to make it clear i and my wife decided not to send the I129 but to go through only I-130 i hope its clear now. so i want to know what we have to do after we get the aproval of I-130 taking into consideration that we 'll not go through k3

thanks so much

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

thanks so much

Your statement is clear but your profile still indicates K1 visa. You probably want to change that to CR1.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hath,

Since you are now pursuing the CR-1 I recommend you start reading this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

It is in the National Visa Center forum and it has a ton of useful info.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.