Arash

K3 Security Clearence

10 posts in this topic

Hello All

We had the interview on March 12th for my wife's K3 Visa ( Iranian Applicant ) in Ankara ,all went well but They told us we have to wait for a security clearence which can take up to six to eight weeks. Soon it will be 8 weeks and I still have not seen our case number pop up on their website. Also I was under the impression that the security clearence takes place before the interview. Any other applicants have any experience with this process?

I appreciate any feedback.

Than you

Arash

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello All

We had the interview on March 12th for my wife's K3 Visa ( Iranian Applicant ) in Ankara ,all went well but They told us we have to wait for a security clearence which can take up to six to eight weeks. Soon it will be 8 weeks and I still have not seen our case number pop up on their website. Also I was under the impression that the security clearence takes place before the interview. Any other applicants have any experience with this process?

Than you

Arash

I'm not familiar with Iran or any Embassy that would have your case number pop up on their website after an interview. Perhaps the US Embassy in Iran has a specific policy to complete a final security check after the interview. If so, I'm sure somebody will be along with some more specific information. However, any interview COULD result in the need for an additional security check that could take an indefinite period of time. Generally this is simply referred to as "additional administrative processing" and they tell you to contact them after three months if you don't hear from them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Unfortunatly The United does not have an Embassy in Iran since 1979 .The US Embassy in Ankara has a website and on their website they post the case numbers as their security clearence comes through. On there once you see your case number pop up you are supposed to report back to the Embassy and hand in your passport and receive it back in a few days via UPS at your hotel with the Visa.

Hello All

Than you

Arash

I'm not familiar with Iran or any Embassy that would have your case number pop up on their website after an interview. Perhaps the US Embassy in Iran has a specific policy to complete a final security check after the interview. If so, I'm sure somebody will be along with some more specific information. However, any interview COULD result in the need for an additional security check that could take an indefinite period of time. Generally this is simply referred to as "additional administrative processing" and they tell you to contact them after three months if you don't hear from them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You might want to ask this in the Middle East/North African section...unless there's another regional section where Iran fits in...I honestly don't know.

I think with Egypt one would actually call DOS to see if the security checks have been cleared, not the embassy. Also with Egypt though, the time frame they give you is bogus. They usually tell people in Egypt something like 4 to 6 weeks or so but in actuality it's more like 4 months to a year. Since your SO is a woman though it may make a difference and be less time.

Anyways ask in the middle east section to see if anyone has gone through that embassy before and good luck! :thumbs:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

You might want to ask this in the Middle East/North African section...unless there's another regional section where Iran fits in...I honestly don't know.

I think with Egypt one would actually call DOS to see if the security checks have been cleared, not the embassy. Also with Egypt though, the time frame they give you is bogus. They usually tell people in Egypt something like 4 to 6 weeks or so but in actuality it's more like 4 months to a year. Since your SO is a woman though it may make a difference and be less time.

Anyways ask in the middle east section to see if anyone has gone through that embassy before and good luck! :thumbs:

Thank you very much :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Some clearances are done prior to the interview but the rest of them are done at the time or shortly after the interview depending on how the consulate/embassy works and the type of visa you are applying for. Hopefully, your AR/AP will not last much longer and she will have her visa in hand soon .

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Some clearances are done prior to the interview but the rest of them are done at the time or shortly after the interview depending on how the consulate/embassy works and the type of visa you are applying for. Hopefully, your AR/AP will not last much longer and she will have her visa in hand soon .

Thank you for the encouraging response :-) Our eight weeks is not up yet so I am hoping we'll have it soon. There were no problems at the interview and all has been pretty smooth so far.

Thanks again :-)

Arash

we have been on AP/AR for 2 years

That's just too much, why do they do that to people? I hope you'll get a response soon.I know how hard it isto just wait. Best of luck. Stay positive and things will balance themselves out.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

My suggestion is to call DOS 202-663-1225 every two weeks. I called today and was told it takes 6-8 months for the clearance. My fiancee is an iranian male so maybe this makes a difference.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.