inlove_pinay

ATTENTION : MAY FILERS ... lets keep in touch!

4,105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
petition moved to VCS after 5months at CSC ..........I just got an email from CRIS saying that they have sent our petition to VSC after being at the CSC since May 15.......I called the USCIC number and put the case number in and got the recorded message that our petition had been sent to VSC and that the transfer date is now the NEW date that we have to wait 6 months for our petition!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone please tell me this is not so.....I need help from anyone out there that can help me.........has this happened to anyone else???????

WHAT???? :blink: That's absolutely ridiculous! What the HECK is going on???? *hugs* Gosh I hope that they were wrong and this is some sort of mix-up.

Annette

Our Time Line... April 18, 2007 - I-129F mailed to NSC

April 24, 2007 - I-129F received at NSC

May 18, 2007 - I-129F received at CSC

August 22, 2007 - called USCIS and found out we were APPROVED on August 18, 2007

August 22, 2007 - received email from CRIS, late afternoon, saying we were approved

September 10, 2007 - NVC RECEIVED! YAY!

September 12, 2007 - Left NVC on it's way to Dublin! WAHOOOO!

September 28, 2007 - Packet 3 Received

November 1, 2007 - Medical

November 8, 2007 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy

December 7, 2007 INTERVIEW!!!

APPROVED!!!!

December 19, 2007 **Alan arrives in Seattle**

WEDDING DATE Valentines day 2008

February 25, 2008 - AOS Packet sent

March 24, 2008 - BIOMETRICS

April 30, 2008 - EAD APPROVED!

October 24 - INTERVIEW!!!!!!

December 11, 2008 - Approved! Green Card being generated. YAY!

December 29, 2008 Greencard Arrives THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY for all your help!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I called USCIS today using the RFE prompts and spoke with a nice man who said my case was assigned to an officer on October 17!! WOOHOO!

To those of you who have already been approved, how long does it usually take for an approval after ithe case has been assigned?

I was told that my case had been assigned to an officer on 10/15 and I am still waiting :blink:

My case was assigned on the 6th and still waiting, but I did get a touch yesturday. So maybe monday approval

June Filers are being approved now....all May Filers must be already completed !!! :o

There are still May filers that have not been approved yet. I am at day 148.

yep, still here. I'm at day 150..........the first shall be last, and the last, first.

I think you will be approved very very soon. Someone said it takes about two weeks to get approved after your case gets assigned to an officer. That would put you around 10/20 or so it that is true. That would also mean I will not get approved until around 10/29. That will put me around 158 days. I guess until then we will just have to wave at people as they pass us by. Sucks doesn't it :blink:

I still am hoping to get approved soon though

Edited by afterforever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
what I am saying is we have been at the CSC for 5 months and NOW they are moving us to another center and the automated response we get says we now have to go by the TRANSFER date (Oct.7) and start another 6 months of waiting for out NOA2....I want to know if anyone has gotten an email and been transfered at the end of the process like this...

Man, that sucks! Are you sure the lawyer sent the papers to the right service center? I read on an older post that when VSC was pumping out approvals in 60 days, someone tried to be slick and sent their petition to VSC when they should have sent it to TSC. It was received at VSC and the NOA-1 was sent out, but once the officer reviewing the packet noticed the address (city, state, zip), the petition was forwarded to the correct service center. I would assume you would have a little longer wait, but starting from scratch, thats just wrong!

Bundy

Edited by bundy_138

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
what I am saying is we have been at the CSC for 5 months and NOW they are moving us to another center and the automated response we get says we now have to go by the TRANSFER date (Oct.7) and start another 6 months of waiting for out NOA2....I want to know if anyone has gotten an email and been transfered at the end of the process like this...

I honestly wish I could say I was surprised, but this is the worse US Government agency that exists and nothing they do surprises me anymore. I hope you get this resolved.

Timeline

Becuz I am annoyed and angry about USCIS not approving my friends yet, then doing weird stuff like transferring them off :ranting: I decided that maybe I needed to just pause and send out just poitive vibes and just believe that things will get FANTASTIC this coming week and we will get TONZ of approvals... :thumbs:

so then I got to thinking about other things...Another weekend...*sigh*

As I am sitting here missing my fiance like crazy I thought to myself, "gosh I bet a bunch of us haven't seen our fiance's in months!" :crying: I haven't seen mine since February. :( How long has it been for you guys?

Ever Hopeful in a "it will take 90 days kinda *&^%$ " world,

Annette

August 22, 2007 - called USCIS and found out we were APPROVED on August 18, 2007

August 22, 2007 - received email from CRIS, late afternoon, saying we were approved

APPROVED!!!!

Becuz I am annoyed and angry about USCIS not approving my friends yet, then doing weird stuff like transferring them off :ranting: I decided that maybe I needed to just pause and send out just poitive vibes and just believe that things will get FANTASTIC this coming week and we will get TONZ of approvals... :thumbs:

As I am sitting here missing my fiance like crazy I thought to myself, "gosh I bet a bunch of us haven't seen our fiance's in months!" :crying: I haven't seen mine since February. :( How long has it been for you guys?

Annette

You have been away from your fiancee even longer than I. I last saw her on May 4th. Trying so hard to remain positive!!!! Seattle will be a much better place with her finally here too.....Good Luck to us all!!! USCIS has not forgotten us.....We will be united with our honey's soon!!!! :)

Edited by Tanjay

Timeline

Ahhh a fellow Seattle-ite! Nice to meet you! Yeah, how bout' that wind storm, eh? ;)

I can't wait to see my fiance again. I miss him so much!

Annette

APPROVED!!!!

Ahhh a fellow Seattle-ite! Nice to meet you! Yeah, how bout' that wind storm, eh? ;)

I can't wait to see my fiance again. I miss him so much!

Annette

Hi Annette "neighbor" .....Yes, that windstorm caused alot of damage here. Hope that is over now for awhile.

I miss Antonette so much too....She cries on the phone....asking about our approval. I keep saying to her. We will hear something soon. I should say that I cry too. Even though it is not manly!!!! Hoping we all see our loved ones soon......Take care...A pleasure to meet you! :star:

Dennis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Annette

I'm with you Annette.

I haven't seen my fiance since July and I will not be seeing him until July 2008. Our interview is in March so we decided that we would just have a ceremony in Ghana since by some miracle everyone will be in the same place at the same time and then we would come back to the States together.

At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck to the rest of my fellow May filers :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Annette

Hey Annette,

Great topic. I last saw my fiancee on July 4,2007. Unfortunately when I left her I told her she would be here by Christmas (we filed at the end of May). Obviously that is not going to happen. We both miss each other very very much and we are both extremely disappointed that we still have not been approved. It looks like I am one of the graddaddy's of May filers not approved yet.

I just hope when I am approved that maybe processing through NVC will be faster (I can hope at least).

Thanks for sending out the positive vibes because I can definitely use them

Gary

Edited by afterforever

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Annette

April 29th is the last time I saw my fiance. We had no clue it would ever take us this long. I remember at the airport when I was crying he said, don't worry, it won't be more than 4 months till we see each other again. In eight days it will be six months. :( and no end in sight. Our original wedding date was yesterday. I spent our "wedding night" watching a movie by myself. Yeah, this sucks :(

But, I will try to be more positive because there will be an end to this and we WILL be with our loved ones eventually.

I wish us all luck this week - lots of approvals and lots of us getting to the NVC :thumbs:

Timeline:

5/2/07 - Mailed petition to Nebraska Service Center

5/7/07 - Received Petition in Nebraska

5/30/07 - NOA1 - Petition at CSC

9/19/07 - Approved!! NOA2 - 140 days from filing!!!

9/24/07 - Hardcopy NOA2 received

10/29/07 - Sent to NVC - 40 Days from NOA2

10/31/07 - Case received at NVC - Happy Halloween!

11/02/07 - Case left NVC - Yay!

11/08/07 - Case received in Bucharest - picked up Packet 3 from embassy

11/09/07 - Received NVC Letter

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/19/07 - Interview - success! Visa in hand!

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/2/08 - Applied for AOS, AP, EAD

2/8/08 - Received all 3 NOA1's

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/18/08 - AP and EAD approved, card production ordered

3/24/08 - Received AP in the mail

3/25/08 - EAD card sent in the mail

3/27/08 - EAD received

9/19/08 - Received interview letter - FINALLY!!!

10/17/08 - Interview 11am

10/27/08 - Card Production Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How's that for ironic, CSC is approving filers much more frequently than VSC, yet VSC is getting their few petitions to NVC within 1 day of approval. Pick your poison!

Visa took too long, grew apart and withdrew visa after six months.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Annette

I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving weekend last year :-(

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.