RosaMystica7

Financial questions

5 posts in this topic

Hey, remember me? I've disappeared for a while. I got sick again, and we knew we couldn't put in the K1 application until I was on my feet with a job. I have an interview Sunday but I basically have the job already, and I'll be able to start work around April 8th when the woman returns from her work trip to Hong Kong. (I have another interview in a few days just in case this one doesn't work out, too... she definately wants me if the other woman doesn't. So I have a job either way.)

It's a full-time job as a live-in nanny. I'll be getting $400/week, all needed food, a room with a private bathroom, a private phone line, my computer (which I'll find a way to get internet access on), a TV, a car, paid vacation and national holidays, and an end-of-the-year bonus. Woo! :dance: If only she could pay half of the taxes and find me medical/dental insurance LOL. I'm kidding there, I'll work those out on my own. Oh, and she's considering turning her basement into a studio apartment for my fiance and I!! :dance: She brought her husband into the country from Italy so she knows exactly what we're going through! Her whole family is amazing and I'm so excited.

Once I know this job is secured I think we'll finally be able to put the application in soon! I did get all the stuff needed from him... oh my goodness that was stressful... the package was supposed to get here in 6 days, so said the post office after he paid $40 to ship it. 3 weeks later we think all of the documents (including boarding passes and whatnot) are lost in the mail it showed up on my doorstep. How much more stressful will sending him ALL of the originals be? :wacko:

Now here's my myriad of questions, which tends to be my style here on VJ.

- Before taxes I'll be earning $20800/year. That's far enough over the poverty guidelines for a household of two, yes? I know in 2005 it was what, $16k? Did the poverty guidelines go up?

- Do I have to be earning 125% of the poverty guidelines for a household of two BEFORE or AFTER taxes? Since I'm working for a private individual filing my taxes myself I'll be losing a lot to taxes... my dad (he does taxes on the side) has to look into it but he said I could lose up to a quarter of my salary to taxes. So after taxes if it's a quarter I'd be coming away with $15600/year which is below the 125% of the poverty guideline thing. Is that a problem?

- We will still search for a co-sponsor. We haven't been able to yet because I wanted to secure a job before we asked anyone. If my salary is okay will it be a problem if we ask everyone we can think of and can't find one? (My W2 from last year shows, like, $96 if that poses a problem.)

- If my fiance has debts will that be a problem? I ask because he knew someone who wanted to come to the States and France wouldn't let him leave the country til he paid them off, even though he had a high paying job lined up in the States. :wacko: I have no clue about the details of the situation... what kind of visa... how much and what kind of debts... etc. My fiance did say that the person had a LOT of debts though. My fiance has about $3000 in a loan from his bank. He has to talk to the bank to find out if he could pay the $30/month payments from the States. I'm willing to pay the $30/month with him, it's okay. We just want to make sure that the government is going to cause a problem with it?

Ok I think I got it all. Thanks for reading this and for any help you can give us! I am SO excited to be back on my feet and to get so much closer to making this all possible! After being sick for 3 months and then again for another month after I finally recovered I am SO sick of being sick and wanna get out of here and start working lol.

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You will use your Gross income, before taxes.

I read in your post something about sending the "originals" with your application. You don't send any original documents (except the forms with original signatures). Just send photocopies of all the supporting evidence and take the originals to the interview.

They do not even ask about debts, so that's not a problem.

Good luck.

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Okay, thanks!

Oh I meant sending the original documents to my fiance for his interview. I'm the USC. I won't be able to get to France to go with him so I have to mail him everything he needs. I was planning on all of the originals plus a photocopy of the entire application, keeping another photocopy of the whole application for me.

Edited by aselano

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Great to hear you are back on your feet :thumbs: and all the best with the job interviews.

2006 HHS POVERTY GUIDELINES including the 125%

Have you checked with others going through France if they work on 100% or 125% as the I-134 only requires 100%. You can look take a look at the Embassy Info (at top of page) for France here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=France&cty=Paris The last update was fairly recent. A good plan to also check with others going through France as to how many years tax returns they are requesting.

Also have a read of the info here for the I-134

Keep in mind that the I-134 is only one of the things that a Conof will look at in determining if an applicant will or wont become a public charge.

Good to have you back here on VJ (F)

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Okay, thanks!

Oh I meant sending the original documents to my fiance for his interview. I'm the USC. I won't be able to get to France to go with him so I have to mail him everything he needs. I was planning on all of the originals plus a photocopy of the entire application, keeping another photocopy of the whole application for me.

Make 2 copies of everything. I gave my fiance all the originals and I made 2 copies of the entire k-1 packet as well!!!!

you seem good to go............good luck on your journey and congrats on the job!

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.