ferger

I-130 and I-129F approved same day, now what?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I received 2 emails today from USCIS stating the following :thumbs: :

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

The second email was virtually the same except it was for the I-129F which I had filed one day after I received the NOA1 for the I-130.

My question is this:

1. Does anyone know what to expect next?

2 .Do I need to submit more paperwork?

3. How long does it take for the acutal K3/K4 visas to be issued after these appovals?

4. What would anyone recommend for me to do while I receive the approval letters?

5. Is this the end of the long wait? or is there more waiting ahead?

6. How long will it be until I actually can bring my wife/child to the USA after this step of the process?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

On April 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

The second email was virtually the same except it was for the I-129F which I had filed one day after I received the NOA1 for the I-130.

My question is this:

3. How long does it take for the acutal K3/K4 visas to be issued after these appovals?

4. What would anyone recommend for me to do while I receive the approval letters?

6. How long will it be until I actually can bring my wife/child to the USA after this step of the process?

Thanks in advance

The K3 petition will be forwarded to NVC. They usually complete their processing within two weeks and forward it to the Embassy or Consulate.

Your I-130 will be retained at the service center unless you file an I-824 stating you want Consular processing instead of adjusting status after entry on the K3. You'll also pay another $200 fee and wait for nobody knows how long yet. It's a new procedure. All the while the K3 proceeds as normal.

This has been discussed here numerous times in the past two weeks. Where ya been? :unsure:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on your NOA2!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

As pushbrk indicated, your I-130 is being held. The government (for whatever reason) automatically assumes you will want to proceed with the I-129, which does tend to go faster. With the K-3 process (the I-129) your spouse will receive a non-immigrant visa. This means that after your wife gets here you will still have more work to do with the adjustment of status. It's up to you as to how long you want to be apart. In regards to your questions, here's what little I know about it:

1. Does anyone know what to expect next? It depends which route you choose. Read through posts on this site related to your choice. You can expect some waiting, but you should also be prepared to move quickly on some things. Read, read, read.

2 .Do I need to submit more paperwork? At this stage, your wife will be the one preparing paperwork. She'll receive a packet (packet 3) from the embassy there. You should be working on preparing the I-134 paperwork. Most of the rest will be hers. Follow all instructions to the letter. And read information contained on this site.

3. How long does it take for the acutal K3/K4 visas to be issued after these appovals? Most of the time now will be related to mail and preparation time. Her interview won't be scheduled until she returns packet 3, then things can move quickly. Again, read, read, read.

4. What would anyone recommend for me to do while I receive the approval letters? Make yourself aware of what you need to do. Educate yourself. Prepare YOUR paperwork now, so that it is ready when her interview comes up.

5. Is this the end of the long wait? or is there more waiting ahead? All good things come to those who wait. There is more waiting but the time is winding down.

6. How long will it be until I actually can bring my wife/child to the USA after this step of the process? That depends on how quickly she gets packet 3 sent back in, the interview is scheduled, and you and her have everything ready for packet 4 (which she will take to the interview, as I understand it). She should have her visa within a few days or couple of weeks after the interview. Then she is free to join you! Good Luck!!!

Timeline

My question is this:

Thanks in advance

The K3 petition will be forwarded to NVC. They usually complete their processing within two weeks and forward it to the Embassy or Consulate.

Your I-130 will be retained at the service center unless you file an I-824 stating you want Consular processing instead of adjusting status after entry on the K3. You'll also pay another $200 fee and wait for nobody knows how long yet. It's a new procedure. All the while the K3 proceeds as normal.

This has been discussed here numerous times in the past two weeks. Where ya been? :unsure:

Thank you for the reply... is the Consular processing something that would be advisable to do? I am with my spouse and child at the moment visiting them in Brasil so I could wait a little longer until June if necessary...please let me know what anyone would recommend based on their experiences...

Timeline
As pushbrk indicated, your I-130 is being held. The government (for whatever reason) automatically assumes you will want to proceed with the I-129, which does tend to go faster. With the K-3 process (the I-129) your spouse will receive a non-immigrant visa. This means that after your wife gets here you will still have more work to do with the adjustment of status. It's up to you as to how long you want to be apart. In regards to your questions, here's what little I know about it:

1. Does anyone know what to expect next? It depends which route you choose. Read through posts on this site related to your choice. You can expect some waiting, but you should also be prepared to move quickly on some things. Read, read, read.

2 .Do I need to submit more paperwork? At this stage, your wife will be the one preparing paperwork. She'll receive a packet (packet 3) from the embassy there. You should be working on preparing the I-134 paperwork. Most of the rest will be hers. Follow all instructions to the letter. And read information contained on this site.

3. How long does it take for the acutal K3/K4 visas to be issued after these appovals? Most of the time now will be related to mail and preparation time. Her interview won't be scheduled until she returns packet 3, then things can move quickly. Again, read, read, read.

4. What would anyone recommend for me to do while I receive the approval letters? Make yourself aware of what you need to do. Educate yourself. Prepare YOUR paperwork now, so that it is ready when her interview comes up.

5. Is this the end of the long wait? or is there more waiting ahead? All good things come to those who wait. There is more waiting but the time is winding down.

6. How long will it be until I actually can bring my wife/child to the USA after this step of the process? That depends on how quickly she gets packet 3 sent back in, the interview is scheduled, and you and her have everything ready for packet 4 (which she will take to the interview, as I understand it). She should have her visa within a few days or couple of weeks after the interview. Then she is free to join you! Good Luck!!!

Parkpapa thank you so much for the detailed response... it does help me a lot as I never done this before so I did not know what to expect... I have read extensively on every issue pertaining to my case but I had not found what to do after the I-130 & I-129F where approved.

I do have another question... I called the 1-800 USCIS number and I was told that I would not need form I-134 but instead I would need to fill out form I-864 which does NOT require to be notarized. To be honest I did not beleive what I was told by the USCIS representative 100% and that is part of why I decided to ask everyone here at VisaJourney which I think is the best website I have ever found on help of the visa subject.

Anyway any more help anyone could shed on the subject would be greatly apprecciate it. Thanks again!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I do have another question... I called the 1-800 USCIS number and I was told that I would not need form I-134 but instead I would need to fill out form I-864 which does NOT require to be notarized. To be honest I did not beleive what I was told by the USCIS representative 100% and that is part of why I decided to ask everyone here at VisaJourney which I think is the best website I have ever found on help of the visa subject.

Anyway any more help anyone could shed on the subject would be greatly apprecciate it. Thanks again!!! :thumbs:

The answer is correct depending on the question you asked them. The I-864 is correct if you only filed an I-130 and you will eventually need this form when you adjust status after arrival on a K3 visa. For the K3 visa, you provide the I-134, if asked for during the visa interview.

What question did you ask? About which case?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

ferger,

The approval of the petitions qualifies your wife to apply for a K3 visa (the I-129f petition) and an immigrant visa (the I-130 petition). As pushbrk explained, the USCIS assumes that she will apply for the K3 visa and adjust status after entering the USA and will not apply for the immigrant visa, because that is what the great majority of people in your situation do. You and your wife have a good deal more to do for the visa applications, and some waiting as well between the time that she submits her application and the time that she has her interview for the visa.

You mention your child - is the child a USC? If not, did you submit an I-130 petition for the child?

Yodrak

I received 2 emails today from USCIS stating the following:

My question is this:

Thanks in advance

Timeline

Thanks for your reply but I still have a question. I think I am a little confused :o ... is a K3 visa the same as the immigrant visa? I applied for a K-3 for my wife and a K-4 for my child in the same forms of both the I-130 & the I-129F (as wife)

The other question I have is if it would be advisable to transfer the paperwork to the consul in Brazil to have consular processing for the permanent resident application? Is consular processing better and faster? I am in Brasil at the moment with my wife and child and I'll be here until June so I want to know if this would be something good to do under the circumstances..

Thanks for any help on the matter!!!

ferger,

The approval of the petitions qualifies your wife to apply for a K3 visa (the I-129f petition) and an immigrant visa (the I-130 petition). As pushbrk explained, the USCIS assumes that she will apply for the K3 visa and adjust status after entering the USA and will not apply for the immigrant visa, because that is what the great majority of people in your situation do. You and your wife have a good deal more to do for the visa applications, and some waiting as well between the time that she submits her application and the time that she has her interview for the visa.

You mention your child - is the child a USC? If not, did you submit an I-130 petition for the child?

Yodrak

I received 2 emails today from USCIS stating the following:

My question is this:

Thanks in advance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.