any CASA updates?

197 posts in this topic

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The website still says the services are suspended at this time - no date yet on re-opening.

"Learn to speak from your heart and mind together - Live a life of truth and reality by the pure nature of experience and sight of something more powerful than life itself. Most of all love your children, spouse and family above all else."

"You have the right to dream, so have the belief and courage to make it happen."

Cheryl L. Hattari (Aicha)

crystalinewishes1@msn.com

My Petition - please help us all and read and sign this - refer your friends and family also to this link to also sign this petition.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The website still says the services are suspended at this time - no date yet on re-opening.

I was looking for that website and was unable to find it. If they are going to reopen tomorrow it wouldn't be on the site yet because they were closed last week. My fiance also told me that he had heard that it would open tomorrow. I can only hope for the best at this point. I know at least one who has an interview this week and then Jen and I both have the following week. I'm praying for us all.

Edited by patiently_waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wish you all the best of luck w/ upcoming interviews and hope CASA is reopened tomorrow (or ASAP). I sure hope this doesn't slow anyone down anymore than the slowness that already exists there. :unsure: Lots of MOJO and prayers going out to you all.

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks noura! i hope my fiance is right and it does reopen tomorrow! my fiance finished school early so he can come *IF*he gets his visa now instead of waiting until august!

yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

The consulate did not reopen today. Now I am worried that they won't be open next week for our interview. I have called our wedding planner and photographer to change the wedding date. At this point, it is too close for comfort. Here's my question to DOS though. Why can't they send the Casa people to Rabat to conduct the interviews? Not like there is no other place there for them to work? Waiting on USCIS was bad enough, know we have to wait on DOS to get with the program. Oh my! Our intreview date was 6 weeks after our case arrived. So are all those who missed appointments going to have to wait at least another 6 weeks? This annoys me to no end. At this point our gov't is not using their resources wisely in my opinion. Sorry for the rant, but it's hard to know that you are so close, but your getting pushed away because the gov't is so reactive and not proactive.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

they should at least post something on the website. they would just need the webmaster to update and it doesn't have to be from within that office per se either. i have been and will keep you guys in my prayers - we still have a week for them to open so lets continue to pray for positive result.

(((hugs)))

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Timeline

Any sign of life, even if it means nothing and it is obviously empty words, would be very nice to see. They don't have to be AT the consulate to add something, do they?

BT

If I cause offense it is not on purpose, think about that before you take offense. If you feel offended, consider that maybe I'm not talking about you and maybe I accidentally stumbled onto a sore area and do not know. Thank you.

Timeline

Called DOS here and didn't get very far. The lady didn't really understand my question. I asked her if those who had interview dates during the closing would be given priority for new interview dates or not? All she kept telling me is that a new appointment will be given when they reopen. Yeah, already knew that! I haven't really worried until now about it, because I figured things would calm down and they would reopen. But no.

Jen, I know this is not looking good for us. I told Rida that I think he should go to Casa anyway, because maybe that will be the day they open and then he will have missed his appointment. I don't think they will broadcast when they US Consulate will reopen. Do you? I think I rather he go and then come back then to not go and have missed his appt. Not much we can do now, but sit, wait and pray.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

how far away is your fiance from casa, mona? i forgot where you said he was from. if he's more than a few hours away, i dunno about going all the way there. i hope this can resolve itself within the next week!:(

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

how far away is your fiance from casa, mona? i forgot where you said he was from. if he's more than a few hours away, i dunno about going all the way there. i hope this can resolve itself within the next week!:(

You know just because the consulate is closed doesn't mean the staff is not working there. Might be worth a call or at least a e-mail. Maybe even copy the embassy in Rabat to see if someone can give an answer about appearing or not appearing for the interview. I know they won't say anythign about reopening, but surely they can advise about traveling to Casa.

Good luck Mona and Jen (and everyone else with an upcoming interview) This must be really frustrating!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.