TracyTN

Packet 4!

71 posts in this topic

:blush: Thanks flutter. Just had a mushy love moment this morning. :D Amazing that I don't even have to see his face to have one. (L)

I love those feelings! :blush: Won't be long now Tracy!!! C'mon June 8th!

I know! :D After all this time, it feels surreal!!

This is totally off the subject (but its my thread so I can do whatever I want! :P - I just cannot wait to marry this man.

SIGH. (L) (L)

Awwwwww. :D So when IS the big day going to be?

:)(L) That's kind of up to Chas and how long it takes him to get himself sorted and on a plane over here after the interview. Plus I know he wants to spend a little time with his mum before he goes.

I'm thinking sometime in July. We'll probably know an exact date better after we book the ticket (not doing that until visa in hand, of course!).

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush: Thanks flutter. Just had a mushy love moment this morning. :D Amazing that I don't even have to see his face to have one. (L)

I love those feelings! :blush: Won't be long now Tracy!!! C'mon June 8th!

I know! :D After all this time, it feels surreal!!

This is totally off the subject (but its my thread so I can do whatever I want! :P - I just cannot wait to marry this man.

SIGH. (L) (L)

Awwwwww. :D So when IS the big day going to be?

:)(L) That's kind of up to Chas and how long it takes him to get himself sorted and on a plane over here after the interview. Plus I know he wants to spend a little time with his mum before he goes.

I'm thinking sometime in July. We'll probably know an exact date better after we book the ticket (not doing that until visa in hand, of course!).

Talking of booking flights, I have a real dilemma in that AA, BA etc all want £1200 odd for my son and I :(

But seen Zoom coming up at £450 for us both. Catches being, no preassigned seats, goes to NY instead of DC and only allow ONE piece of luggage :(

But thinking even if I pay for the other 4 pieces I want to bring, it'll still work out cheaper...Just don't fancy going through all the flight changes etc at 8 months pregnant with a 6 year old and 6 peices of luggage :(

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Oh honey, I TOTALLY hear you about the outrageous airfare. I expected it, but that doesn't make me any happier about it (esp. considering AOS fees will need to come shortly thereafter). And you have it worse - you need two tickets!

Chas is only going to bring through 2 suitcases and then ship the rest. Have you considered doing that instead of lugging it all with you? With the prices they charge for excess baggage, you may not be any worse off shipping your stuff.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow, I only paid 325quid for my flight. Course it was in December, July onwards is notorious for fares. I feel for you all, I really do. :(

But thinking even if I pay for the other 4 pieces I want to bring, it'll still work out cheaper...Just don't fancy going through all the flight changes etc at 8 months pregnant with a 6 year old and 6 peices of luggage :(

You're flying at 8 months preggers? Yowzers! Don't forget your Doctors cert saying you can fly!

Edited by mags

Wow, I only paid 325quid for my flight. Course it was in December, July onwards is notorious for fares. I feel for you all, I really do. :(

Yeah well - I'd rather that than wait until mid September to fly him here (when airfare starts to go down). Needless to say, I'll be asking for money for my birthday! :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah well - I'd rather that than wait until mid September to fly him here (when airfare starts to go down). Needless to say, I'll be asking for money for my birthday! :lol:

Sounds like a plan! :yes::D

Oh honey, I TOTALLY hear you about the outrageous airfare. I expected it, but that doesn't make me any happier about it (esp. considering AOS fees will need to come shortly thereafter). And you have it worse - you need two tickets!

Chas is only going to bring through 2 suitcases and then ship the rest. Have you considered doing that instead of lugging it all with you? With the prices they charge for excess baggage, you may not be any worse off shipping your stuff.

Kinda considered it, but thought would be such a hassle shipping stuff.

Where is he using????

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Thats EXACTLY what I did. Two suitcases then a crate was shipped out. However, watch these companies cause they do "biometric" weighing at the airport and they tried to tell me my crate weighed about 300lbs more than it did (and it wouldn't cause guys were picking it up by themselves!) and sent my dad a big bill about 3 months after the event and he told them....no!

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Where is he using????

He used to work for a transit company called Astro Air. I believe they're out of High Wycombe (he took me by there the last day of this visit to meet the owner). They're going to help him ship everything. I can get their contact details from him if you'd like - PM me if you want the deets! :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Where is he using????

He used to work for a transit company called Astro Air. I believe they're out of High Wycombe (he took me by there the last day of this visit to meet the owner). They're going to help him ship everything. I can get their contact details from him if you'd like - PM me if you want the deets! :)

Problem solved!!!

Just booked flights with an airlines called Maxjet for £300 each, they let you take two 32 kilo cases each, additonal pieces are only £30!!!!!

They only charge a £50 fee to change flights if I need to as well....Best of all, it's business class, seats recline 160 degress etc etc.....AND it goes STRAIGHT to DC!!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Thanks. I'm still expecting a high fare. Our problem is he can't fly direct into a major airport - he still has the connection down to Nashville. That's the part that makes it higher. But oh well!

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.