Tin Man

K1 Forms

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I am a newbie here. I just submitted the original I29F petition and found visa journey very helpful for the k1 visa. I would like to start filling out whatever forms will be needed going forward and was wondering if someone can help clarify exactly what is needed after filing the original petition for the interview and on arrival, for example:

Form I-134

Form DS-156

Form DS-156K

Form DS-157

Form DS-158

Form DS-230

Form I-765

Sorry if this has been asked before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tin Man

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Scroll up and check out the guide tab. Read the one that goes with your journey. It will discuss the forms. Also, check out the regional forum that covers your country - you'll find a lot of other filers with Colombian fiances/spouses to help get you ready for the next steps.

There are also example forms and a gallery that can be helpful.

Get in there and get reading! Good luck!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline
Scroll up and check out the guide tab. Read the one that goes with your journey. It will discuss the forms. Also, check out the regional forum that covers your country - you'll find a lot of other filers with Colombian fiances/spouses to help get you ready for the next steps.

Hi Tims, I looked at the Guides section and found it very helpful regarding the original submission. However, it is not really clear with respect to the balance of the forms needed at the interview and on arrival. For example, I cannot find where it makes mention of the 230 and fairly certain that is required. Hopefully someone can clarify exactly what forms in total are required for the entire process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi Tims, I looked at the Guides section and found it very helpful regarding the original submission. However, it is not really clear with respect to the balance of the forms needed at the interview and on arrival. For example, I cannot find where it makes mention of the 230 and fairly certain that is required. Hopefully someone can clarify exactly what forms in total are required for the entire process.

Hello Tin Man,

Like Timsdaisy suggested, there are several Colombian club threads on VJ filled with a ton of info. You can go there and start reading and be more informed.

As for now, try going to this link. It lists the documents needed for K-1 visas at the US embassy in Bogotá:

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/wwwsck1instructions.shtml

Make sure you click in the link "Instructions for K-1/K-2 Visa Applicants". Even though it's in Spanish, it lists the documents needed at the time of interview.

PM me if you need anything else.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Go to the regional forum for Colombia and look around there. What you are asking about are the forms that will come - most likely - in packet 3 (after you petition leaves USCIS and gets to the Embassy, they send out a list and a copy of the forms to be filled out by the non-citizen spouse/fiance). Also, check the galleries and example documents for what these forms look like. The forms themselves are pretty short and easy, however. The I-134 is the one form for the US to start looking at and learning about. The others go to the non-USC. And there's the checklists of documents to be gathered. There's info around the forums. (if you're trying to find the forms themselves. you won't find them at the USCIS site because they come from the Department of State.)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline

Go to the regional forum for Colombia and look around there. What you are asking about are the forms that will come - most likely - in packet 3 (after you petition leaves USCIS and gets to the Embassy, they send out a list and a copy of the forms to be filled out by the non-citizen spouse/fiance). Also, check the galleries and example documents for what these forms look like. The forms themselves are pretty short and easy, however. The I-134 is the one form for the US to start looking at and learning about. The others go to the non-USC. And there's the checklists of documents to be gathered. There's info around the forums. (if you're trying to find the forms themselves. you won't find them at the USCIS site because they come from the Department of State.)

ok, thanks guys. i will checkout the links you mention. gracias

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.