vnoe

Co-Sponsor question(s)???

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Alrighty then...

Now, I already posted on here...got lots of words of wisdom on this....again, thanks

My farmer fiance has a gross income of @22,000/yr shown in his income tax. They purchase new farm equipment each year to keep their (his and his brothers) income down for some odd reason.

Now my fiance has 1 child that he pays child support for. I am coming complete with 2 children and myself. So now that would make a family of 4 1/2?? His "income" is under the poverty line....however, his liquid assets are well over 100,000.00....that does not include the home/vehicles/camper etc...which he does own.

OK my question is should he have a co-sponsor? I know at least 1 of his brothers will do this for us. Now if we have a co-sponsor..is there a form? I haven't seen one. So if he has a co-sponsor, do I just give them this if they ask or should I hand it all over to them.

Signed,

Very Uninformed and Trying to get this right.

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

Timeline

OK...one more thing (deep breath)

ON the I-134 it says "See instructions for nature of evidence of net worth to be submitted"......what is that? and how does he figure that out???

again

thanks

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Alrighty then...

Now, I already posted on here...got lots of words of wisdom on this....again, thanks

My farmer fiance has a gross income of @22,000/yr shown in his income tax. They purchase new farm equipment each year to keep their (his and his brothers) income down for some odd reason.

Now my fiance has 1 child that he pays child support for. I am coming complete with 2 children and myself. So now that would make a family of 4 1/2?? His "income" is under the poverty line....however, his liquid assets are well over 100,000.00....that does not include the home/vehicles/camper etc...which he does own.

OK my question is should he have a co-sponsor? I know at least 1 of his brothers will do this for us. Now if we have a co-sponsor..is there a form? I haven't seen one. So if he has a co-sponsor, do I just give them this if they ask or should I hand it all over to them.

Signed,

Very Uninformed and Trying to get this right.

Can't answer the meat of your question, though I believe there's ample info around here to help you define the household and the requirements.

As for the farm equipment and the lowering of income - in the States, there's income tax (you probably know that), so if you want less money to go to Uncle Sam, you better find a way to make it seem like you earn less money to be taxed (every heard the term "tax shelter?" They are legal (usually, and hopefully!) ways of taking some of your income out of consideration of what will be taxed at the end of the year. There are incentives most people are familiar with - like deducting the amount paid in interest on a home mortgage (encourages buying homes). And then there are TONS more - and I believe, if tax class memory serves, that farm investments can lead to BIG deductions since we here love our family farms and incentivize the hell out of them (not a judgment, just pointing out what the tax policy values). So it works out well. The investments in farm equipment lower his overall tax liability, which means they get to keep more of what they earn, and have shiny new equipment to boot!

Just thought I'd help out with the background.

Check out the general consulate forum for more on the I-134 limits, and I believe the poverty guideline forms are on the USCIS website (probably here too). Do a quick search, they should pop up.

read this: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by TimsDaisy

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline

ON the I-134 it says "See instructions for nature of evidence of net worth to be submitted"......what is that? and how does he figure that out???

again

thanks

Uh - it means see the instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf - that long bit of text that comes before the form.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

Timeline

again

thanks

Uh - it means see the instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf - that long bit of text that comes before the form.

Kinda figured that out... but I thought it might be some sort of "top secret" thing that I couldn't unravel.

Thanks for your answer on the other question. I'm not a huge fan of taxes and don't understand much of them.....but yes, he does have some nice shiny stuff around here. : :whistle:

I've done lots of looking here and there and here and there....guess I just want someone to ease my mind and tell me to stop the worrying...it only causes grey hair and I already have enough.

Thanks again

Have a good one

V

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Co-sponsor and support information is needed at interview time therefore posts discussing the subject should be made in the Embassy and Consulate General Discussion Forum which is located HERE.

You can also find the more appropriate forum by clicking on the “Forums” tab at the top of this page and scrolling down the page that opens. Look for the Embassy and Consulate General Discussion Forum link on the list.

This thread has already been moved to that forum therefore the OP does not need to resubmit it, but any research that members might want to do on the subject can be done there as well.

CB

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline

again

thanks

Kinda figured that out... but I thought it might be some sort of "top secret" thing that I couldn't unravel.

Did you find the answer to what you wanted in the form instructions, or do you still have questions about where to find the info in the instructions or what the instructions mean?

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

the number of household members is 5

take his gross income of $22,000.00 and subtract it from $30,162

$8,162.00 is the shortfall

$8,162.00x 3=$24,486.00 for the I-864

$8,162.00x 5=$40,810.00 for the I-134?

Bottom line is, he needs at least $24,486.00 in assets to make up for the lack of income and you've already mentioned he has 75 k in investemnts.......so stop worrying ;)

google.gif

Timeline

again

thanks

Did you find the answer to what you wanted in the form instructions, or do you still have questions about where to find the info in the instructions or what the instructions mean?

I find the instructions a bit confusing, and neither one of us are pros on the this whole thing. I guess like I said in all honesty I just don't want to finally get an interview...get there and get refused.

$8,162.00x 3=$24,486.00 for the I-864

Bottom line is, he needs at least $24,486.00 in assets to make up for the lack of income and you've already mentioned he has 75 k in investemnts.......so stop worrying ;)

Thanks for that...

I had read earlier that they look ONLY at the income and not at his assets....that was more of my worry than anything. You know if worrying was a profession....I could make millions. Now I also 5 1/2 y.o. twin girls....my worries have only just begun.

Thanks again

V

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Timeline
CutienPurg,

How do you figure that?

Yodrak

with a calculator......figure what?

google.gif

Filed: Timeline

CutienPurg,

Figure this "......x 5=..... for the I-134?"

There is no guideline for the consideration of assets for non-immigrant visas, unless perhaps a particular consulate has developed its' own local guideline.

Yodrak

CutienPurg,

How do you figure that?

Yodrak

Timeline

well....it was posed more as a question than a factual statement, hence the punctuation. Since I am aware that the I-134 has no specific guidelines .... I was questioning if the 5x rule would apply due to the non-immigrant nature of the k-1/3.I know that it is 3x for a spouse during aos / nvc processing.

CutienPurg,

Figure this "......x 5=..... for the I-134?"

There is no guideline for the consideration of assets for non-immigrant visas, unless perhaps a particular consulate has developed its' own local guideline.

Yodrak

CutienPurg,

How do you figure that?

Yodrak

google.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.