20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

hmm, In question 10 on the I-129F form I marked myself as obtaining citizenship through birth in the US. Was I suppose to answer the question "Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name? Yes No"

I didn't answer that, maybe thats my RFE?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
hmm, In question 10 on the I-129F form I marked myself as obtaining citizenship through birth in the US. Was I suppose to answer the question "Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name? Yes No"

That is for naturalized citizens. Former Green Card holder who have applied for citizenship receives a certificate of citizenship with a certificate number. That does not apply to you, so you answer NO. Your birth certificate is more than sufficient to prove your nativity. Lets hope your file will be reviewed by a smart worker.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No I think that question is in regards to people who have been naturalized or whatever. If I'm wrong, then I'm in trouble too.

Anyway, hope the RFE is nothing major and you can get it cleared up in just a few days. Good luck!

K1 Visa Journey:

Jan 12, 2007- I-129F Sent

Jan 17, 2007- I-129F has arrived at the NSC

Jan 24, 2007- NOA1 date

Jan 27, 2007- Check cashed by CSC

Jan 29, 2007- Paper NOA1 recieved (at permenant US address)

May 1, 2007- NOA2

May 16, 2007- At the NVC

May 18, 2007- Left NVC

May 30, 2007- Packet 3 arrives

May 31, 2007- Faxed Packet 3 stuff back

July 9, 2007- Interview at Vancouver

July 10, 2007- Visa recieved!

July 18, 2007- US entry

August 25, 2007- Wedding <3

Timeline

No I think that question is in regards to people who have been naturalized or whatever. If I'm wrong, then I'm in trouble too.

Anyway, hope the RFE is nothing major and you can get it cleared up in just a few days. Good luck!

well, my #1 guess at my RFE is the copy of my birth certificate. I obtained a new version of my long birth certificate from Virginia. Virginia has incorporated this feature into their new birth certificates where when you try to make a photo copy the words "VOID" appear in watercolor all over it. My guess is that i'm going to be forced to give them my original copy and order another for later in the process.

well, my #1 guess at my RFE is the copy of my birth certificate. I obtained a new version of my long birth certificate from Virginia. Virginia has incorporated this feature into their new birth certificates where when you try to make a photo copy the words "VOID" appear in watercolor all over it. My guess is that i'm going to be forced to give them my original copy and order another for later in the process.

Oh and one more question. I'm leaving to go overseas for a visit on Friday, so it's possible my RFE might not come in the mail by then. Does anyone know if there's something you have to sign when sending back to RFE? say they just want the original copy of my birth certificate, could I leave it at my place and have someone else send it in for me if thats all they want?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh and one more question. I'm leaving to go overseas for a visit on Friday, so it's possible my RFE might not come in the mail by then. Does anyone know if there's something you have to sign when sending back to RFE? say they just want the original copy of my birth certificate, could I leave it at my place and have someone else send it in for me if thats all they want?

I received an RFE via email last Monday night and received the hard copy in the mail on Thursday. There were no forms to sign. However, when I received the RFE email, I was trying to figure out what the problem may be...I had a couple things I was thinking they may question, but what they really wanted was more "evidence" of my fiance and myself meeting eachother. I never would have guessed that was the problem because we sent in tons of emails, copies of passport entry stamps, and lots of photos of us together in both the UK and US (not film dated). It took me several days to gather the "primary" evidence they wanted (ie, airline ticket stubs, airline receipts, spending receipts, etc.). Hopefully you will get it in the mail tomorrow and it will be easy to fix. Good luck.

Jan 5, 2007: I-129F sent

Jan 16, 2007: NOA1

April 9, 2007: touched (in the afternoon- Monday)

April 9, 2007: RFE notice via email (11:30pm- Monday)

April 12, 2007: RFE hardcopy received in post(Thursday)

April 14, 2007: touched (Saturday???)

April 16, 2007: Sent off more evidence to CSC (Monday)

April 17, 2007: Package arrives at CSC (10am Tuesday) (post office receipt...no notice of receipt from CSC)

April 24, 2007: email notification that CSC received my RFE reply on Apr. 24

April 24, 2007: touch

April 25, 2007: touch

April 27, 2007: touch

April 27: 2007: NOA2!!! (8:20pm email)

April 28, 2007: touch

May 2, 2007: NOA2 Hard copy received in snail mail

May 10, 2007: NVC received petition

May 30, 2007: Packet 3 received in post, scheduled medical appt.

June 12, 2007: London Medical

June 4, 2007: Packet 3 returned to Embassy

June 22, 2007: Packet 4 received

July 25, 2007: Interview!!! ...Approved!

Timeline

JakeandAli,

What evidence did you send in the 2nd time you didn't the 1st time? I'm thinking of collecting everything I need just in case tomorrow. I mean I really can't get anything else as far as stamps and everythign, guess I can send it all in again and highlight it, maybe add some more pictures?

Timeline
You can collect what you can now, but honestly, don't sweat it. It could be for literally anything, a missing siggie on a form, evidence of meeting, etc. YOu will drive yourself crazy fi you obsess over it now. It should be there soon enough.

Patience is a virtue in this process.

The problem is i'm leaving the country thursday night, and if it gets to me in the mail on thursday afternoon I want to do a quick turnaround, so I figured maybe I could get a copy of the evidence ready just in case.

Filed: Timeline
You can collect what you can now, but honestly, don't sweat it. It could be for literally anything, a missing siggie on a form, evidence of meeting, etc. YOu will drive yourself crazy fi you obsess over it now. It should be there soon enough.

The problem is i'm leaving the country thursday night, and if it gets to me in the mail on thursday afternoon I want to do a quick turnaround, so I figured maybe I could get a copy of the evidence ready just in case.

I hear ya but it could be for a signature and obviously you need to do that one yourself. Did you make copies of your entire K1 packet before mailing it?

Timeline

I hear ya but it could be for a signature and obviously you need to do that one yourself. Did you make copies of your entire K1 packet before mailing it?

Yup i have a copy of everything.

Filed: Timeline

Yup i have a copy of everything.

well give it to someone who can mail it for you & track it properly. If it's anything else, you'll have to wait til you return.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.