Yuilicious

Questions about Using Part 8 for the Additional Information (K1, I-129F))

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone. This site has been very helpful for me (beneficiary) and my fiance (petitioner, US citizen) to apply for K1 visa.

I am almost done with filling out the I-129F, but here are some questions I couldn't find answers from other people's topics.

I have 14 addresses and 15 employments history (I moved a lot while I was in USA and since I am a performer, I had a lot of short term gig/job); therefore I need to use Part 8 which is used for Additional Information.

Question 1.

On the page of Part 8, there are sections to write Family Name (as 1.a.), Given Nama (as 1.b.), Middle Name (as 1.c.), and A-Number (as 2.). Are they asking to write down the petitioner's name and A-Number even though we are using this Part 8 to fill out the beneficiary's information?

Question 2.

We need to write down Page Number (as 3.a.), Part Number (as 3.b.), and Item Number (as 3.c). I am a little bit confused about Item Number. For the beneficiary's address history, "Beneficiary's Physical Address 1" starts with Item Number 12.a. and ends 13.b, then "Beneficiary's Physical Address 2" goes on from Item Number 14.a. to 15.b.

Which number (or what number) should I write as Item Number on paper Part 8 when we are writing the additional information of my another address history? I am confused because if I write down "12.a" as Item Number on Part 8, it means I am adding this information to "Beneficiary's Physical Address 1" when it is supposed to be two different addresses... (We would like to write Beneficiary's Physical Address 3 on Part 8, instead of adding the information to Beneficiary's Physical Address 2.)

Question 3.

Since there are enough space to write one address in 3.d. of Part 8, is it okay to write the entire address on 3.d., then for 4.a.-4.d., write the another address? So I can write 5 different addresses in one page (photo example #1)? Or do I have to write each Item Number as it says... (photo example #2)? I don't quite know how to explain this clearly, so I attached the photo with this topic.

I have the same question about the employment history, but I assume it also goes the same way as the address history. 

Thank you so much for reading this long post. I apologize for my English not being perfect nor 100% clear sometimes. I really appreciate If you could tell me what you have done to use Part 8 as well as if you have already gotten approved or you're still waiting.

example 1.jpg

example 2.jpg

Hey :) 

NEW I-129F.jpg

Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

Hello KULtoATL,

So sorry for my late response, but I really appreciate your reply! Thank you!!

Not a problem. Good luck :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
6 hours ago, AlexaF said:

Hi, Yuilicious!

How did you manage to add the extra details of your employers on Part 8? Mine doesn't fit all :(

Hi!

I ended up not using the Part 8 because I had too many employment history (as well as the physical address). I made this template for both of my physical address and my employment history as attachment. I wrote "See Attachment" on the second part (so for employment history, the item number is 17 as "Employer 2"). Hope this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have any more questions. Also I just wanted to let you know that we haven't sent our paperwork yet so I can't say this is the right way to do since we haven't gotten approved yet. But I researched a lot on this website and got multiple advices on this. So I really hope this will work out! 

The one I attached here is the blank version of what we used for my fiance's physical address history. So please don't forget to change the page number, item numbers, etc..!

Template for Additional Info about Your Address.doc

I basically just printed another blank part 8 page and added it to the back with all the information, making sure to reference the relevant section. You don't need to do anything fancy. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2017 at 2:38 AM, emylady said:

I basically just printed another blank part 8 page and added it to the back with all the information, making sure to reference the relevant section. You don't need to do anything fancy. 

Do you need to sign Part 8 and additional part 8 page? If yes, where should you sign it? There is no space that says signature.

Thank you for your help!

• 4 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, essramos said:

thanks for this. I have a question. On the questions that I will answer using Part 8. Should I put "See Part 8" on just the top block? Like the image I added? or on every block?

Capture.PNG

Why don’t you hand write what’s not fitting in it? (That’s how we did) and just use additional section if there’s not enough space for other addresses? 

Timeline
17 hours ago, essramos said:

thanks for this. I have a question. On the questions that I will answer using Part 8. Should I put "See Part 8" on just the top block? Like the image I added? or on every block?

Capture.PNG

Hi! I ended up using the attachment, not Part 8 since I had too many physical address history and employment history.

What I wrote on I-129F was "See Attachment" on the line of "In Care of Name," then did not write on other block. But if you are using Part 8 or an attachment for your physical address history, make sure to write "See Attachment/See Part 8" on "In Care of Name" for each address since each physical address history and employment history have two sections (or should I say part?) on I-129F.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Naes said:

Why don’t you hand write what’s not fitting in it? (That’s how we did) and just use additional section if there’s not enough space for other addresses? 

And yes, handwriting is the easiest way for this since you picture shows that you are using Part 8 for beneficiary's mailing address which should be only one, not tons of them like my physical address history nor employment history. :)

34 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

And yes, handwriting is the easiest way for this since you picture shows that you are using Part 8 for beneficiary's mailing address which should be only one, not tons of them like my physical address history nor employment history. :)

36 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

Hi! I ended up using the attachment, not Part 8 since I had too many physical address history and employment history.

What I wrote on I-129F was "See Attachment" on the line of "In Care of Name," then did not write on other block. But if you are using Part 8 or an attachment for your physical address history, make sure to write "See Attachment/See Part 8" on "In Care of Name" for each address since each physical address history and employment history have two sections (or should I say part?) on I-129F.

thanks a lot for the advice, we will just handwrite it. :)

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.