Nicole72082

SMS do they only deliver the visa AND passport?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well Dave got a letter today saying that they tried to deliver to him and no one was in, which he has been in like all week long, either him or a family member, except for Monday which was a holiday anyways, right? Would they just deliver a notice of needing more infomation or just his passport? I was wanting to call the State Dept and see whats up, but he has told me to not be harrassing anyone and just wait until Tuesday, so I come here (harrassing you guys is different lol) I'm excited it could really be it, but the lady I spoke to didn't say anything has happened since March 28th. Would it not just say something like VISA has been sent out or something? Any ideas or opinions on this is GREATLY appreciated it, seeing how I'm gonna be wondering about it like crazy until Tuesday.

April 21 Dave arrives in America!

April 28 WE GET MARRIED!!!

May 9 Went to SS office and was denied

May 15 After gathering all paperwork, told we must file through DORA program

July 19 DORA appointment - they send paperwork to Chicago after this.

July 24 Paperwork is received by Chicago

August 9 Notice for Biometrics appointment

August 28 NOAs for AOS/EAD

Sept 6 Biometrics

Sept 26 Email saying card production ordered for EAD.. YES!!!

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Dec 31 Finally got the Resident card! Yay!!!

Well Dave got a letter today saying that they tried to deliver to him and no one was in, which he has been in like all week long, either him or a family member, except for Monday which was a holiday anyways, right? Would they just deliver a notice of needing more infomation or just his passport? I was wanting to call the State Dept and see whats up, but he has told me to not be harrassing anyone and just wait until Tuesday, so I come here (harrassing you guys is different lol) I'm excited it could really be it, but the lady I spoke to didn't say anything has happened since March 28th. Would it not just say something like VISA has been sent out or something? Any ideas or opinions on this is GREATLY appreciated it, seeing how I'm gonna be wondering about it like crazy until Tuesday.

Im not sure I understand the issues surrounding this. Did he have his interview at the US embassy in London?

Timeline says interview approved. It would be my guess that they tried to deliver the passport.

Did they leave a card so he can arrange further delivery or did they send the package back to the embassy?

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Timeline
Timeline says interview approved. It would be my guess that they tried to deliver the passport.

Did they leave a card so he can arrange further delivery or did they send the package back to the embassy?

Yes they said Visa approved at the interview, but when I called the state dept yesterday, the lady just said he was in AP.

There was no card or anything left notifying that they had been there. They said they'd redeliver on Tuesday, so its just waiting and seeing.

Sept 6 Biometrics

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had MAJOR problems with SMS. They tried to deliver my passport/visa and never left me a slip asking them to call. It was only when my hubby called the DOS and they said "Erm, the visa was issued last week!" that I even knew mine was issued.

I then called SMS and they rearranged delivery. I was lucky though, one more day and they would have sent it back to the embassy (they only hold undelivered items for a short period of time).

SMS does secure mail deliveries. If the embassy needed something else from you they send it through the normal mail system. I know this, because they did it to me! :D

Edited by mags

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

They should deliver your passport with the visa in it and a envelope which should not be opened, that is what you hand in at the POE, it has all your documents in what they require.

Post to let us all know if you got everything delivered on the tuesday

GOOD LUCK

Spence

.png

K-1

4/8/2006 - Met online (Lisa in Orlando, Spencer in London)

10/1/2006 - Met in person (Orlando, Key West, Georgia, St.Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau 10/1-23/2006)

10/18/2006 - Got engaged (somewhere between St. Maarten and Florida)

10/23/2006 - Sent I-129F

10/30/2006 - TSC received I-129F

11/3/2006 - NOA1

11/8/2006 - Touched

11/18/2006 - I-129F was sent to CSC

1/14/2007 - Lisa goes to London & Tenerife to see Spence 1/14-28/2007

1/26/2007 - NOA2 approval!

1/28/2007 - Touched

2/14/2007 - Packet 3 arrived

2/21/2007 - Packet 3 sent

3/01/2007 - packet 4 arrived

3/14/2007 - Medical

3/28/2007 - Interview - APPROVED!

5/4/2007 - POE - Orlando, FL

5/18/2007 - Wedding Day!

5/21/2007 - Apply for SSN

5/29/2007 - Receive SSN in mail

6/27/2007 - Received FL Drivers License!

AOS

6/6/2007 - Mail in packet

6/13/2007 - Received in Chicago

7/20/2007 - Tfr to California

9/28/2007 - APPROVED!!!!!

EAD

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

9/4/2007 - Received the EAD in mail as a surprise!

AP

6/28/2007 - Moved to MSC

8/29/2007 - Received the AP

and dont do what I did and open the envelope, to then turn it over and find a little sticker saying "only to be opened by immigration official". It took two weeks to get a new one!

Timeline
and dont do what I did and open the envelope, to then turn it over and find a little sticker saying "only to be opened by immigration official". It took two weeks to get a new one!

lol that sounds like something Dave might end up doing too. I wish he would come on here and read more often, then he would know exactly what I know.. and know there are two parts to the interview.. NOT to open the brown envelope. The other day he did come on here under my name.. lol I was kinda proud.

Sept 6 Biometrics

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Timeline

lol that sounds like something Dave might end up doing too. I wish he would come on here and read more often, then he would know exactly what I know.. and know there are two parts to the interview.. NOT to open the brown envelope. The other day he did come on here under my name.. lol I was kinda proud.

Oh I remember him now, the fella who left after the first half of the interview! :lol:

He's famous on here y'know!

Timeline

Oh I remember him now, the fella who left after the first half of the interview! :lol:

He's famous on here y'know!

Perhaps thats why he doesn't wanna show his face on here. lol I definitely had to tell everyone that story. What a goober.

Sept 6 Biometrics

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Timeline

Well, SMS must just be morons. I'm thinking I'm not liking them! We were really hoping what they were to deliver tomorrow would have been the visa and passport and this morning Dave got an email from the Embassy saying that the visa had been issued on the 30th and it had been handed over to SMS that day or following day. So our original plans sorta would have worked. It was great of the embassy to get on the ball, especially since Dave had told them the days he wanted to fly out on. So, now just to wait till tomorrow to see if they deliver, then he's buying a flight and he's coming home to me!! Yay! Which of course I'll post again when he gets the visa.

Sept 6 Biometrics

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Timeline
Well, SMS must just be morons. I'm thinking I'm not liking them! We were really hoping what they were to deliver tomorrow would have been the visa and passport and this morning Dave got an email from the Embassy saying that the visa had been issued on the 30th and it had been handed over to SMS that day or following day. So our original plans sorta would have worked. It was great of the embassy to get on the ball, especially since Dave had told them the days he wanted to fly out on. So, now just to wait till tomorrow to see if they deliver, then he's buying a flight and he's coming home to me!! Yay! Which of course I'll post again when he gets the visa.

I had problems with SMS too. I'll happily call them morons with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.