Nasturtium

Amman interviews coming up-- last minute scrambling? :)

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
and once again I'm hungry. I need to spend less time on VJ talking about chicken and get my tail to the kitchen.

lololololol

Try that Shish Tawook recipe posted in the Sultan's Kitchen . . . I did it the other night! Not like Shish Tawook I have had before but quite tasty. Of course, my garlic sauce was more garlic than yoghurt (no mayo, hehe) . . . wowowow, it is oozing from my pores!!! Yum!!!!! :whistle:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
:) Well panic, I realized I forgot to submit my letter from my emplyer with the I-864 I did this time for the interview. OMG. So I DHL-ed one to the DHL office in Amman, one to him at his office in Irbed, and I'll scan one. But i am so scared this will kill things now.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Woooo! Lionlioness! Hopefully everything goes well for you!!!

Ammar printed out my letter copy I sent him (I took a photo LOL) and he says it looks GREAT.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok I have a question. What if you have to edit the email or copies of the transcript of chat text? :blush:

I have read in the other forum that the support form was to be turned in at the time of interview. I thought it had to be submitted before that?

Im going to Jordan in May, are there things I had better bring with me to leave with him LIKE the chat logs phone bills ect? or will he not need them?

Wendy

OH MY GOD I just printed out 356 emails and only 189 left to go! It gets old, this printing. This is the 5th time I've done it and all I can say is:

BLECH!

Feel sorry for him though, I send him about 5/day so he has poages and pages to look through and pick 2 per week or so. Poor guy heehee!

Today i'll have to print off a photo, get my AR state refund check which is to both of us and my remaining phone bills and copy these things, and get my remaining afadavit letters which are at home.. then I can pack up this freakin bundle and send it the h#ll away from here!!!!

Wouldnt it be really funny if all mena women got pregnant within their first year of marrige? We have so many going thru and so many positive outcomes.... We could start our own baby boom!

Wendy

Damn Girl stop freaking out!!!!!

I should read your post more often cuz maybe I'll have this baby sooner.. I been having false labor pains for days now!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

First of all let me start by wishing you and your husband much luck at the interview. I hope that everything goes well for him and the two of you are together soon.

Second of all, did you think to take pictures of all the evidence of relationship that you sent to the embassy for the interview? I would love to show it to my stubborn husband if you did! He is of the opinion that we don't need that "much" proof of our relationship. :bonk: Is it all Arab men are so stubborn, or was I lucky enough to have found one that is stubborn beyond comparrison?

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Timeline
Ok I have a question. What if you have to edit the email or copies of the transcript of chat text? :blush:

I have read in the other forum that the support form was to be turned in at the time of interview. I thought it had to be submitted before that?

Im going to Jordan in May, are there things I had better bring with me to leave with him LIKE the chat logs phone bills ect? or will he not need them?

Wouldnt it be really funny if all mena women got pregnant within their first year of marrige? We have so many going thru and so many positive outcomes.... We could start our own baby boom!

Wendy

I didn't bother to edit anything! So there are a few/ a lot which are incredibly explicit. I feel it's their fault for wanting to see them.

It depends on which visa you're going through. The I-130 has you hand in all your financial stuff in advance and so you do the I-864 and send it to the NVC and pay for that and the visa in advance. Then you bring another I-864 to the interview. That's what I am doing. If you're going in on the I-129F as either K3 or K1 then you bring the I-134 at the interview.

I think it's best for you to bring all your stuff as you go, start a folder and that way you don't have to pay the gazillion dollars to mail things.

LOL! I can hope to be pregnant in the end of my second year as I am already half way into that one, or by the 3rd but I've missed out on the 1st year...

Timeline
First of all let me start by wishing you and your husband much luck at the interview. I hope that everything goes well for him and the two of you are together soon.

Second of all, did you think to take pictures of all the evidence of relationship that you sent to the embassy for the interview? I would love to show it to my stubborn husband if you did! He is of the opinion that we don't need that "much" proof of our relationship. :bonk: Is it all Arab men are so stubborn, or was I lucky enough to have found one that is stubborn beyond comparrison?

You have to get him over the idea that this is quick and easy and some one he knows just "got the visa in 2 weeks" because that is the prevailing myth that they all hold on to for their lives... and then you have to break them down to the idea that you need to save everything. Best to just be in charge of it and whenever you go, just ask him to give you all the minifatoura and tell you what it says, etc. I have some pictures of some evidence I sent:

http://www.little-birdie.net/julianna/2006...days_later.html

this is the ammount of stuff I had collected by last April. Now I have about the same ammount or maybe one and a half times as much in addition if you were to print out ALL the emails and such, which I didn't do.

Basically, I printed out all of his emails to me because he doesn;t write often. Then I printed out a few emails from friends and family regarding us. Then I printed out one email from me to him for about every 5 days.. I actually had about 300 additional emails from him in another account but I lost them when the account accidentally went down. Needless to say, I was really upset.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.