Nasturtium

Amman interviews coming up-- last minute scrambling? :)

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Julianna, from what I know and what we plan take everything with you at the interview don't send it ahead of time. WE printed the updated forms online and did the DS 156 online so it printed with the "bar code."

We decided for me not to go for the interview. I've heard over and over I will not be allowed in anyways. Plus I'd only have 5 days there. So we're going to see how it goes (inshaAllah it goes well) and save the money toward our wedding.

April/May are hot months in Amman and I wish us all success and speedy AP's!!!

I don't feel there will be ANY benefit if I went. i am trying to tell him that but he really wants me there! Sigh.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

my husband wanted me there at his interview as well but unfortunately i had already made travel plans before they pushed up the interview. I was flying out the very next day after his interview.

I feel by being present at the interview would really help cuz it showing the dedication of the relationship but also i would be afraid that it could hurt as well. Knowing that you are there, you could be interrogated with lots of questions and if you and your SO have conflicting answers it could jeopardize your visa. I am sure he will be just fine, they will ask just a few questions, take his passport and he will call you with the GREAT NEWS!!!!

Julianna, from what I know and what we plan take everything with you at the interview don't send it ahead of time. WE printed the updated forms online and did the DS 156 online so it printed with the "bar code."

We decided for me not to go for the interview. I've heard over and over I will not be allowed in anyways. Plus I'd only have 5 days there. So we're going to see how it goes (inshaAllah it goes well) and save the money toward our wedding.

April/May are hot months in Amman and I wish us all success and speedy AP's!!!

I don't feel there will be ANY benefit if I went. i am trying to tell him that but he really wants me there! Sigh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Julianna,

DHL rocks! I sent a package on a Monday night 8p and he got a call to pick it up Thursday am. Be sure you tell them to hold the package in the Amman office to have him pick it up so it doesn't get lost. It only cost me $46.

In the meantime, I am getting my ticket and starting to gather last minute phone records for the month of april and taking my originals. I went back and forth with going for his interview, but casa has scared the ####### out of me too, so my mom pushed me to go and not worry about saving money for the wedding. Actually my parents are sending me as an early wedding gift. God bless them.

I can't think of anything else, except to get the letters from your friends and family notarized if possible.

Julianna, it's next wednesday right? Exciting!!!!!

Good luck for up coming interviews.

Curious Lion, How much did your package weigh??? I was thinking about sending some things to Maroc. I thought UPS was cheap. That price is good.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance went to Casa the day before which was far away from where he was staying. He wanted to make sure he knew exactly how far it was, where it was, and how to get there.

Also, the day of his interview, there were no cabs working. They were on a strike. So that said, he was prepared, but then had no way to get there. Expect the unexpected. He caught a ride from someone on a moped for 50 dhs in his nice suit, he he.

Timeline
My fiance went to Casa the day before which was far away from where he was staying. He wanted to make sure he knew exactly how far it was, where it was, and how to get there.

Also, the day of his interview, there were no cabs working. They were on a strike. So that said, he was prepared, but then had no way to get there. Expect the unexpected. He caught a ride from someone on a moped for 50 dhs in his nice suit, he he.

Oh man! Glad he made it though! Mine has been to the embassy with me before :) So he knows where to park.

Timeline

The on-going saga:

me:

Hi,

I have asked this question several times with no response (or I should

say with no response which makes sense, I receive such things as "he is

interviewing for the I-130" and other responses which do not actually

match my question.). Will my

husband need to be there for his april 24th interview at 8am or at

noon? Or is there another time? It is coming up now, so we

actually kind of need to know.

Also, am I correct in thinking that the interview is 100% him and you

do not need me to be there? Or will it help if I come? Thanks,

Them:

8am spouse does not need to be there.

Thanks,

me:

Thanks so much! :)

If I did come, would I be allowed to go into the interview?

Julianna

Now: Any guesses as to what kind of a response I will get? ha!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
The on-going saga:

me:

Hi,

I have asked this question several times with no response (or I should

say with no response which makes sense, I receive such things as "he is

interviewing for the I-130" and other responses which do not actually

match my question.). Will my

husband need to be there for his april 24th interview at 8am or at

noon? Or is there another time? It is coming up now, so we

actually kind of need to know.

Also, am I correct in thinking that the interview is 100% him and you

do not need me to be there? Or will it help if I come? Thanks,

Them:

8am spouse does not need to be there.

Thanks,

me:

Thanks so much! :)

If I did come, would I be allowed to go into the interview?

Julianna

Now: Any guesses as to what kind of a response I will get? ha!

LOL funny.

Well it seems they answered you as best they could. Look at how you worded that last question -- "Will it help if I come." I don't think they can just give a blanket "yes" or "no" to that question -- all cases are different. So they just ignored it :P

But hopefully you will get a decisive answer to your "Will I be allowed to go to the interview?" It seems pretty unambiguous.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Oh! And another question which could be helpful to you all in other consulates too:

Has anyone ever tries to submit digital media as evidence? like home movies??

Timeline
Oh! And another question which could be helpful to you all in other consulates too:

Yes several times I have heard of consulates requesting to review wedding videos. (Not sure about Amman specifically, though -- maybe ask them if they would accept it ?)

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
But hopefully you will get a decisive answer to your "Will I be allowed to go to the interview?" It seems pretty unambiguous.

(F)

-MK

I didn't actually expect them to answer that one, perhaps beyond a "your presence would not affect the outcome of the interview" :) I was so PMSed at the time of composition I was just getting annoyed :) But my husband really wants me in there with him, which is why i followed up with this question. We'll see what they say.

The only thing that really gets me is to get a straight answer you usually have to be rude, which I find completely frustrating and unnecessary. I would love to just be nice to them!

Timeline
I didn't actually expect them to answer that one, perhaps beyond a "your presence would not affect the outcome of the interview" :) I was so PMSed at the time of composition I was just getting annoyed :) But my husband really wants me in there with him, which is why i followed up with this question. We'll see what they say.

The only thing that really gets me is to get a straight answer you usually have to be rude, which I find completely frustrating and unnecessary. I would love to just be nice to them!

Haha.

Well keep in mind that you are probably not dealing with a native American speaker in the e-mails, so your subtler nuances may be lost on them :lol:

Short, simple direct sentences -- without too many dependent clauses -- work best. Otherwise a non-native speaking, low-level consulate flunky can get all tangled up.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline
Yes several times I have heard of consulates requesting to review wedding videos. (Not sure about Amman specifically, though -- maybe ask them if they would accept it ?)

(F)

-MK

Thanks! i went ahead and emailed:

"Hi again,

I was also thinking about sending him with digital media as additional evidence-- like movies. Would that even be able to be viewed at the interview?

I have both raw movies and ones I did in Windows Movie Maker (the most awesome program ever because you can set pictures! and movies! to music! and then post them on my blog about us!), so I am just curious.

Julianna"

Sometimes I wonder if they will just let him come so they can stop getting emails from me :devil: I know there are at least 2 responders who know who I am, because they always say something nice about me based on past emails :)

Timeline
Short, simple direct sentences -- without too many dependent clauses -- work best. Otherwise a non-native speaking, low-level consulate flunky can get all tangled up.

(F)

-MK

Funny part is: I usually send them a one-sentance question, with only one actual question: like "what time is my husband's interview?" and then i get all kinds of weird responses :) I can tell when it's a non-native (like this exchange) :) I remember one time I just called them out on it: I said something like "what you jsut wrote makes no sense at all, nor does it answer my question." then I could tell that my email was passed off to an American :)

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

my husband submitted our wedding video, did they look at it, probably not, but he submitted it anyways.

Don't be scared about getting denied. Amman is way different than Casa. If you get a 221g its usually because they want more evidence. You seem to have all your evidence in order. Some people they ask for the evidence and some they don't. They asked my husband questions a husband should know about his wife. Like what kind of movies i liked or what size of clothing i wear..etc

(F)

-MK

Funny part is: I usually send them a one-sentance question, with only one actual question: like "what time is my husband's interview?" and then i get all kinds of weird responses :) I can tell when it's a non-native (like this exchange) :) I remember one time I just called them out on it: I said something like "what you jsut wrote makes no sense at all, nor does it answer my question." then I could tell that my email was passed off to an American :)

haha that happened to me a lot. I'll be like huh and send another email.

Timeline

my husband submitted our wedding video, did they look at it, probably not, but he submitted it anyways.

Don't be scared about getting denied. Amman is way different than Casa. If you get a 221g its usually because they want more evidence. You seem to have all your evidence in order. Some people they ask for the evidence and some they don't. They asked my husband questions a husband should know about his wife. Like what kind of movies i liked or what size of clothing i wear..etc

Hi Angel ! Good to see you around these parts....

Very true about the Amman style of interview. Didn't they ask Kelly's (dollface's) husband stuff like what she liked on her pizza ?

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.