andywv

removing criminal record U.K.

17 posts in this topic

Not trying to be negative here but I'm not sure that will help you.

You are suppose to declare you criminal history even if it is not on your record.

(i) In general.-Except as provided in clause (ii), any alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, or who admits committing acts which constitute the essential elements of-

Baileyj96

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't see why it would not help if he is able to get a conviction removed... maybe it's something similar to our case. Maybe he is innocent and trying to get the record set straight.

I would like to know more about this. I keep hoping there is some way to overturn the conviction on tom's record as he was innocent to begin with. At the very least I would like to find out how to get the court to come forward and clarify that he agreed to plead guilty to a much lesser charge than what turned up on his police report. He never even realized until he got the police report, what he had agreed to. He only knew the circumstances of the incident itself and that the actual guilty party refused to take responsibility. It would definitely help us if this could be clarified because as things stand now we cannot even visit the USA. I have family and friends I will never see again because of this.

I would like to know about this exceptional case advisor.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Was just commenting on what he wrote Mary. He doesn't give details on what he is trying to get removed. It also strikes me a little funny that they expect people to admit to committing crimes that they were not arrested for.

I hope it does work for him. One less person who has to suffer through this part of the process.

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Filed: Timeline
Was just commenting on what he wrote Mary. He doesn't give details on what he is trying to get removed. It also strikes me a little funny that they expect people to admit to committing crimes that they were not arrested for.

I hope it does work for him. One less person who has to suffer through this part of the process.

Vicky

hi,thanks for replying ,i have 6 convictions ,two of these are classed as crimes of moral turpitude ,which are the offences that i am trying to get removed ,or at least classed as spent as they are 26 yrs old. i was told by an immigration officer in london embassy in 2003 ,when i was denied my original k-3 that they do not class my other 4 as deniable offences ,i/e they are not crimes involving moral turpitude.my k-3 was approved after,then my aos was denied 5 yrs later in the USA . :angry:

Wow it sounds like you have a very complicated case. We filed for a waiver and was approved for multiple crimes that were over 25 years ago. We are now in the middle of our AOS. I thought it was very rare that once your waiver was approved that you could be denied your AOS? I guess anything is possible with immigration.

I hope things work out for you.

Best wishes,

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Wow it sounds like you have a very complicated case. We filed for a waiver and was approved for multiple crimes that were over 25 years ago. We are now in the middle of our AOS. I thought it was very rare that once your waiver was approved that you could be denied your AOS? I guess anything is possible with immigration.

I hope things work out for you.

Best wishes,

Vicky

hi vicky,yes it was a shock,apparently ,a k-3 should not be issued if deniable ,aos went fine until final interview ,imm officer went ballistic when she saw my record and sent it off for further investigation,then denied ,and i-601 denied ,cant beleive it ,wouldnt mind if i had commited murder or even been to jail,all i did was leg it from an indian ,fined 50 pounds and nicked a coat ,fined 50 pounds ,.they say your past comes bacjk to haunt you !! :devil:

It would definitely help us if this could be clarified because as things stand now we cannot even visit the USA. I have family and friends I will never see again because of this.

I can see him not being able to visit the USA, but why can't you go by yourself? :blink:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Why was your first K-3 denied?also you don't say if you did 601? and what is the point in trying to get convictions revoked if you have already admitted them to immigration,also your convictions are classed as spent in the U.K. So don't really see what you are trying to gain

Hoo theer marra waat sek fettle?

Why was your first K-3 denied?also you don't say if you did 601? and what is the point in trying to get convictions revoked if you have already admitted them to immigration,also your convictions are classed as spent in the U.K. So don't really see what you are trying to gain

hi,k-3 was denied because of my convictions which are on my police record,k-3 was approved after writing a letter explaining the circumstances ,after aos denial in the US ,we came home to UK ,USCIS then decided to re-open our case and we filed i-601 which was denied ,again because of the convictions,USCIS have made untold mistakes with our case ,my lawyer says getting the convictions removed will help with our new application.offences remain on your record for life in the UK ,regardless of how long ago they were commited.so when police record is obtained they are all on there ,not spent ,anyway we are just trying to make it a little easier ,although we think they are being totally ridiculous denying for such petty offences and being so long ago .

Timeline

I had several much more serious crimes on my police cert and did the 601,which was granted,even though I thought it wouldnt be as I had prison time(twice)and violent assault.but when it came down to it all the USCIS was bothered about was the violent assault,even though it was 24 years+ ago and everything was spent in the U.K. it was like being on trial again.

I think you can apply to Scotland Yard?to have them review your crimes and they can remove them(not 100% sure though)Ive heard of people on here applying for there police cert and getting it back with minor stuff on it and major stuff not there,hope you can get it sorted..............oh, send me some proper fish and chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had several much more serious crimes on my police cert and did the 601,which was granted,even though I thought it wouldnt be as I had prison time(twice)and violent assault.but when it came down to it all the USCIS was bothered about was the violent assault,even though it was 24 years+ ago and everything was spent in the U.K. it was like being on trial again.

I think you can apply to Scotland Yard?to have them review your crimes and they can remove them(not 100% sure though)Ive heard of people on here applying for there police cert and getting it back with minor stuff on it and major stuff not there,hope you can get it sorted..............oh, send me some proper fish and chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi,yes i have had a letter back from the yard saying it has been forwarded to exceptional case advisor in hampshire ,so hopefully it will get sorted ,cant beleive you got approved with that record!!did you do it through a lawyer ?? ktm? are you into mx? oh and its all fxxxxxx curry houses round here ,sorry !!!!

Timeline

Used a lawyer for k3 but ditched her after that she did jack ###### really cept take money off us,did the 601 with a lot of help from my wife,I was pretty worried about it but @ interview the guy was quite relaxed bout it all told me he had seen a lot worse get approved,I seem to recall some where on here there was even someone who had killed someone got a waiver(cant remember exact details)used to ride enduro back in the U.K.,hence the KTM bit ............ahh a good curry........MMMMmmmmm that would do!

Even if you get your convictions removed from your police record in the UK, don't immigration already have a record of them that they existed? Not sure if that will help if you re-apply for a visa.

I would think for immigration purposes all conviction details would have to be disclosed spent or not.

Even if you get your convictions removed from your police record in the UK, don't immigration already have a record of them that they existed? Not sure if that will help if you re-apply for a visa.

I would think for immigration purposes all conviction details would have to be disclosed spent or not.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

For immigration purposes, a pardon or having the record expunged doesn't necessarily mean you won't still require a waiver. The U.S. isn't bound to recognize other nation's pardons.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.