Marriednow

Dumb Question, but Forgive Me Please

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi One and All--

I have a really dumb question. Every time I try to download a pic for my profile (or whatever you call it), the computer says it is too big. I never have that problem anywhere else. Sorry, I am a computer novice even after many years. :help:

Also, I just want to say thanks to all the folks on this site who spend all this time helping other people get through this nightmare. Hamid and I will have to go through Casa for his interview--and I'm already worried sick about it. I'm afraid I don't hold out much hope for us due to several red flags. :crying:

Does it matter if the fiance is willing to sign a prenup? (And, yes, I did see the comments about prenups, but trust me, after being taken to the cleaners by an exspouse whom I totally trusted, ladies and gentlemen, it doesn't hurt to have one.) He is willing to sign anything and would just as soon I move to Morocco. However, I can't due to job obligations, at least for a few years. I probably should have put this comment under that RED FLAG topic that somebody so graciously started. I have heard from several people already and totally appreciate all of your support.

Also, other questions. Does anybody know anything about health care there in Morocco, other than it sucks? Are there enclaves of Americans who have joined together to get good health care in some city there? Are there jobs in American schools for teachers? If so, what cities? What cities are recommended for decent living?

I did see that Texas received my packet last Tuesday, but Hell, they haven't even cashed the check. I appreciate any and all advice given. I am immediately starting to collect more evidence of our relationship. And I will be making my second trip in June for a month. I spent three weeks there with him and his family in March and had a wonderful time.

It is so sad that a few people in Casa can totally destroy people's lives. If we get turned down, how long does it take to get an appeal going? Also, do people usually get their visas on the second go-round? We are willing to take as long as necessary to be together, but this is just totally outrageous!!! If we are turned down on second appeal, does it help to get married in Morocco and then apply for a spouse visa?

Anway, thanks for letting me vent. I keep thinking THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE, but apparently that is not the case in Casa. Let's keep praying that the people there see the light and let us be together with our loved ones.

Prayers to one and all, Debbie and Hamid

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi One and All--

I have a really dumb question. Every time I try to download a pic for my profile (or whatever you call it), the computer says it is too big. I never have that problem anywhere else. Sorry, I am a computer novice even after many years. :help:

download to your computer - or upload it to vj?

if it's uploading it to vj, vj does have a size limitation. if animated, make sure the file extension is .gif

if just a picture, make sure the file extension is .jpg or jpeg

a bmp is way bigger than a jpg/jpeg and about double the size of a gif

i'll keep checking back on this thread - you can post the pic if you'd like as an attachment and i (and i'm sure many others) can resize/convert it for you.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaam Salut and Hello

first off no question is stupid

2, upload your pic to photobucket or some other similar site, it has a feature to make the picture smaller (email, blog, avatar sizes)....

3, Bonne chance on your intervew...bring that man home!

4, My husband and I signed an islamic contract and prenup...mine had no probs signing it and neither did i. I donnot see you should even have to bring it up to the INS. maybe someone else here knows better then i...but for me i donnot see reason to show this.

5, Donnow about Maroc, but in Alger (next to Maroc) I fear being sick or having babies. I took a HIV test here, needed for our marriages and the women wanted to use a springe that was soaking in bleach on me. I said HELL NO and asked for a new one. My (then fiance) now husband demanded new ones...and we got it. I aslo went to the dentist where the utensils were also soaked in bleach (thats their steritization) and went to a female doctor who was pretty moderne...french trained so i was happy.Having babies here depends on where u go...like in the capital better french trained doctors =less borth defects. I do know in the hospital you MUST bring everyone yourself, (sheets, pillows, gowns, bandages,everything.....) they supple 0!!!!!!!

6, Also I live in Alger now, not Maric but I know there are least 10 foreigners living in my city...about 25 British/Americans that I "met" form the Internet living here also. Also a university where they have weekly English speakers met and teach english. Foreingers are everywhere, just sometimes hidden.

7, Schools I think the same thing. SHould have your SO ask around which uni has these programs (best bet: Berlitz www or major cities)

8,about the cities cannot even given any opinion... but some other ladies might. But usually major cities do better an di would i think touristy places toooooo!

Bonne chance and Allah maaki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.