bctoboston11

Canadian TV Stations?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my fiance is preparing his grand move to the states...

And at the forefront of his mind currently is the following:

"Will I be able to watch hockey/and or the blue jays on satellite?"

Anyone else been able to rig something up to get TSN or Rogers, or any of the normal broadcast channels down here in the states?

I'd like to somehow ease his ever-worrying mind :whistle:

Kim/Boston/US

Dave/Vancouver/Canada

4/2005 - met in Vegas!

10/8/2005 - We got engaged!! (with many, many trips between the two!)

K-1 Journey:

12/12/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont! (Day 1)

12/13/2005 - I-129F arrives at VSC! (Day 2)

12/16/2005 - Check Cashed! (Day 5)

12/22/2005 - NOA1 received by snail mail (Day 11)

1/10/2006 - NOA2 received by email! (Day 30)

1/14/2006 - NOA2 received by snail mail (Day 34)

1/17/2006 - Letter Received from NVC (Day 37)

1/30/2006 - Fiance receives Packet 3! (Day 50)

3/1/2006 - Medical Exam (Day 79)

3/3/2006 - Checklist Faxed to Consulate (Day 81)

3/14/2006 - Call to Consulate, Interview Scheduled for April 10th!!

3/17/2006 - Packet 4 w/interview date finally arrives!

4/10/2006 - K-1 VISA APPROVED! (Day 121)

6/11/2006 - Border Crossing at Peace Bridge (Buffalo, NY)

6/16/2006 - Legally Married!

10/1/2006 - Our Wedding Day

AOS Journey:

8/7/2006 Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (Day 1)

8/8/2006 AOS/EAD/AP Arrive at Chicago Lockbox

8/16/2006 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

9/11/2006 AOS Transferred to CSC

10/17/2006 AP Approved (by email)

10/18/2006 EAD touched!

11/25/06 Biometrics scheduled

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

you might have a fighting chance, seeing as you're in Boston and fairly close to Canada

Me, in Oklahoma??? Nope. I was in serious CBC withdrawal during the Olympics. :(

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We have cable here, but I dont get any Canadian Channels.

Lots of hockey on thou :lol:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Lots of snowbirds bring Bell ExpressVU to the US. It's not legal, but as long as the bills get paid, nobody seems to care. Florida has a few Canadian channels (all the snowbirds make up the demand for them)

Edited by Texanadian

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

expressvu is the bast way to get canadian tv down here.

sirius satellite radio is also an option for canadaian news (cbc & radio-canada).

Edited by pinac

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure what all BBC America has as far as Canadian shows (other than TPB) but you might check into that. Hmmmm....how to get one of those BellExpressVu dishes down here..... :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I have heard the story that a guy called expressvu to cancel his subscribtion and they asked why he was cancelling. He said he was going to Texas for the winter. They told him that was no problem and he didn't have to cancel and when he got to his house in texas there was a new system waiting for him. But that is just a story. I'm planning on taking setting up a express vu dish at the hubbies in the US. I hate not being able to watch curling in the winter time, plus I don't get to see Corner gas and I really miss the Canadian news - -especially the National. As long as the bill is getting paid and your not pirating the signal - why not. I imagine you would still need a billing address in Canada or have it set up for direct payment out of your bank account each month.

Timeline

Now there's an idea....the address in Canada wouldn't be a problem. And think of all the hockey we'd get to watch! Although I'm the USC I do love Canadian tv. Maybe that's something Joel and I can think about. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

wow, guess I'm lucky...we get CBC via Winnipeg...I thought they had way better Olympic coverage then the other stations here...and so glad I didn't have to break my typical Sunday morning Coronation Street tradition.

Timeline
wow, guess I'm lucky...we get CBC via Winnipeg...I thought they had way better Olympic coverage then the other stations here...and so glad I didn't have to break my typical Sunday morning Coronation Street tradition.

I find it interesting that you can get ExpressVu in Florida. The way the satellites are positioned, I was thinking that it would be too below the horizon by the time you got to Florida. People have told me that it starts fading out by about Tennessee or so.

But we have Expressvu in the US.. We just have the bill sent to our cottage address and use the phone number there. But you're right, as long as they get paid, they don't care. You can't get anything sent to a US address, so that story about the stuff showing up in Canada is probably an urban legend.

However, you won't be able to make any changes in programming or be able to even call to set it up as you can't call their number in the US. If you have problems in the signal, you can't do anything about it. So there are some difficulties in doing it.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Other Timeline

we used to have a satelite dish and we had CBC International for news, but that was about it. I can't remember which company it was tho.

Now we just have regular cable, and the only time I get to see any Canadian hockey teams or baseball or basketball is if they're showing the game on ESPN or OLN or something.

We're moving further north later this year so hopefully the closer to the border we get we'll get more Canadian stuff.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just found these sites....

BCTV News on the WEB

Canadian TV on the WEB

ok these top 2 links are not what I thought they were :whistle:

or there is this you pay about 13 bucks a month and you can watch TV from around the world on the internet

Real Player Live

Premium Programming

Catch the latest news, sports, music and entertainment daily. Watch TV on the internet with programming from BBC World and more.

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

you can watch some Canadian News here.... they have a live broadcast from 5 to 6 I think or it might be 6 to 7 CTV NEWS

also for that realplayerlive thing I posted, right now they are offering a free 2 week trial

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.