Captain Ewok

Manila Embassy Interview/Visa Status

2,962 posts in this topic

hello good day to all of you!i would like to ask regarding about the iisuance of DMV ID. Today i had my SSN CARD finally which i just applied last june 4. Its really good that I have it earlier for application of my AOS. After that me and my husband went to DMV for an ID application. However, they said that my k1 visa will expires on aug. 29, 2007. that means i will be just wasting my money if i will get dmv id coz that will tend to expire my dmv id too. they advised me to change my passport name into my married name then renew that visa. my concern is where can i possibly go to change my name appeared in my passport to be after with my husband's surname? Because until now they dont even recognized my SSS which is my surname is my husband's surname. thank you for your help. Also since I got married last JUne 16 what will happen if my fiancee visa will expire?

hi we had similar issue although mine was they didnt want me to take a dmv test knowing i dont have a "green card" yet blah blah blah (here in CO) anyways its a big hassle to change your passport especially if your dealing with both aos and phil consular (more chaos)... my opinion/suggestion is, if they wont give you a drivers license its best to wait to process your aos first and wait for your GC... by filing you could use your husbands name as your last and your maiden name as you middle (like our phil law). then worry about your passport later... its ok for your visa to expire knowing you're already married. you can stay here (legally) without the aos yet. but by filing the aos, gives you more opportunity to work and get a drivers license etc when you get your GC... :thumbs: God bless

hi thank you very much!!so its best to wait for the aos approval before going to Phil. Embassy.

yup. especially if your passport wont expire any minute soon... you could change it when you have your green card already, or when you really have to (before expiration date). my opinion...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had good news that the visa is released and on it's way! This is about a week after Mae turned in the missing CENOMAR. Delbros is saying delivery in the next 2 days.

We're both very happy since this means she'll be able to return with me on the 4th.

Just an update for anyone who happens to be paying attention, lol. Mae got her CENOMAR and apparently there was a problem with her NBI (misspelling) and turned them in. The only information she received was to "go home and wait for the visa". I guess we are in the rest of the AR boat and it could come later rather than sooner.

I wasn't able to get through to the Immigrant Visa unit, but I assume they won't be able to tell me much but the party line. I have us booked on a flight August 4th in 4 weeks (I'm coming to visit and hope to go back together). I would guess this is overly optimistic and I'll have to rebook her (again). Anyone have any words of encouragement? discouragement? Sigh.

Timeline:

11/00/2005 - Met online

03/22/2006 - Met in person in Cebu

11/11/2006 - Met again in Hong Kong

12/10/2006 - Form I-129F sent to NSC via an agency

12/19/2006 - NOA-1

12/21/2006 - Touched

12/23/2006 - NOA-1 received in the mail

21 December 2006 to 8 March 2007 - Learning patience

03/08/2007 - Touched

03/08/2007 - NOA-2 (Emailed)

03/19/2007 - NVC Notification Case: MNL2007573xxx

06/07/2007 - Medical - Completed

06/18/2007 - Interview date

:thumbs:CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs:

Me and my 3 kids had our interview today and we were approved!!!!

I just want to thank everybody here for the all the help and information you gave to me which I credit for having a very smooth-sailing interview experience. By reading about other people’s experiences and advices here, it helped me to know what to expect and come to my interview prepared. We were also very fortunate to have a very nice Filipino Pre-Screener who didn't smile much but were joking with my kids and a very nice woman consul who were smiling all throughout the interview. God bless them!

We woke up at 4:30 am, left our Sucat house at 5:40 am and arrive at the embassy at past 6 am. Our interview was set at 7 am. The vendors at the waiting shed told us that 7 am applicants were not yet called and offered us some chairs for rent. I figured that since it is already past 6 am, we will not be waiting too long before the guards will call the 7 am applicants so I didn’t rent any chairs and just waited standing up. At 6:20 am, me and my kids went to the embassy gate to find out if they could already let us in. The guard told us that they are not yet calling 7 am applicants and asked us to go back to the waiting shed. But the other guard told him to let us in since they will be calling the 7 am applicants soon anyway. So we went in, had our things scanned, then was given 7001 for our ticket number.

At 8:00 am we had our finger scanned, then at 8:30 were called for our pre-screening. The Filipino pre-screener was nice and even joked with my kids which made us laughed. I was so tensed the whole morning and so it helped me felt at ease. Documents asked from me were:

- Birth certificates and baptismal certificates – I told him I didn’t bring any baptismal certs, only our birth certificates and he said ok.

- NBI clearance

- Affidavit of support with 2006 ITR, W2, employment letter. He didn’t get my other supporting documents like recent paystubs, 2005 & 2004 ITR, bank statements, stocks certificates etc.

- Divorce decree of my fiancée

- He only asked for ATM receipts for money sent by my fiancée as my proof of relationship. ( He didn’t ask for emails, chat logs, snail mails, gift receipts or phone records. I felt a little bad that he didn’t ask for those since I took a lot of time and effort to organize them)

- Pictures together

- My old passport since I told him I have been to the US before

- He didn’t ask for my CENOMAR but I offered it to him, and he accepted it.

Questions asked by pre-screener:

- Who is my petitioner

- When did we meet and where?

- Last time I met my fiancée

- How many times he visited

- What happened to my previous relationship with the father of my kids and why we didn’t marry

- Then to my kids, he asked them where are they studying and teased one of my daughters why is she short when her two other sisters were tall. We all laughed on that.

At 9:30 we were called for our interview at Window 30. The consul was still interviewing a family so we waited outside the cubicle. After their interview, we went in and the consul smiled and ask me how I am. I said fine though I was very nervous inside. She looked over our papers and asked me the following questions:

- Who is my petitioner

- When and how did we meet?

- How many times he visited?

- Ask me if I have ever been to the US before and I said yes, and just look over my old passport.

- She asked me to tell her something about my fiancée

- Then she asked my kids what’s their birthday.

She ended the interview with “ Ok, you can go back to your seat and wait for your name to be called again and pay the fees for the delivery of your visas.” I understood what she meant but I want to make sure so I asked “ Do you mean Mam, we are approved?” And she said “Yes, you are approved and congratulations!” I said “Thank you very much Mam”. If there were no glass between us I could have hug and kiss her right there and then! LOL!

So we went out, got the pink slip and paid Delbros. We were out of the embassy at 10:15 am.

I just want to thank again everybody and Visa Journey. My journey was really smooth-sailing and problem-free because of all of you! I also want to say congrats to all were approved recently!

Hi everyone,

My fiance recieved her visa yesterday! :dance::dance:

:thumbs:CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs:

:dancing: I'm leaving on a jet plane now I know when I'll be back again coz my wife got her visa today!! Just like 30 min ago.It ONLY took 3weeks exactly for her to receive her visa.Thanks to all the VJs for your support. and to all still waiting..have patience your time will come.I booked my flight on the July 18. :dance:

:thumbs:CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs:

Kevin & Jena

:thumbs: CONGRATULATIONS:thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone know if there is any civil surgeon here in Oregon or Washington or Las Vegas that will only get me a Td vaccine and transfer it to I693A form...and not take me a full medical exam. I have called the what is listed on the USCIS civil surgeons ..and oh my they will not just take for one vaccine but the lady said "we take full medical exam ONLY"...gosh i already had it last May and it is valid for one year, right?

can anyone please help me if you had been to any clinic to the states i have mentioned above that does not take full medical exam?

Thank you very very very much.

~*God Speed*~

Anyone know if there is any civil surgeon here in Oregon or Washington or Las Vegas that will only get me a Td vaccine and transfer it to I693A form...and not take me a full medical exam. I have called the what is listed on the USCIS civil surgeons ..and oh my they will not just take for one vaccine but the lady said "we take full medical exam ONLY"...gosh i already had it last May and it is valid for one year, right?

can anyone please help me if you had been to any clinic to the states i have mentioned above that does not take full medical exam?

Imatellin you to click on my wife's profile in my signature. Go to her signature and check out the USCIS's Civil Surgeon Locator to find one in your area...

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

Imatellin you to click on my wife's profile in my signature. Go to her signature and check out the USCIS's Civil Surgeon Locator to find one in your area...

yes i have made calls already but they tellin me to have my full medical exam. i want the one that will only get me a td shot and not the full medical exam again. huhuhuhu, i will make calls to washington or las vegas. but if anyone knows which civil surgeon that will only take me a Td shot and not full medical exam...please tell me:-) thank you very much. also...my fiance's an active US military...do they provide one for me...oh i'm out of context here. well i gotta talk to him about it when he calls me back(he's still in the warzone for a mission...soon he'll be home and i pray and hope for their safety home-coming)

~*God Speed*~

you know im telling you same here. they're on the list yet they wont give me just a TD shot but rather full medical... no choice but ive got to do it and paid $500 :wacko: not much choice here in my area. they say some city like san fran will just do it for TD and your fine but here, they wont. :angry:

good luck though

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

yes i have made calls already but they tellin me to have my full medical exam. i want the one that will only get me a td shot and not the full medical exam again. huhuhuhu, i will make calls to washington or las vegas. but if anyone knows which civil surgeon that will only take me a Td shot and not full medical exam...please tell me:-) thank you very much. also...my fiance's an active US military...do they provide one for me...oh i'm out of context here. well i gotta talk to him about it when he calls me back(he's still in the warzone for a mission...soon he'll be home and i pray and hope for their safety home-coming)

Take the I-1485 AOS Application to the civil surgeon's office and show them page 4, on the left side, states, "If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application." Don't worry, most civil surgeons are high on drugs :wacko: if they think that they can swindle VJ members in order to make a fast buck. They better think twice! :thumbs:

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Take the I-1485 AOS Application to the civil surgeon's office and show them page 4, on the left side, states, "If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who hada medical examination within the past year asrequired for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, youonly need to submit a vaccination supplement, not theentire medical report. You may include thevaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application." Don't worry, most civil surgeons are high on drugs. :wacko:

i wish they're high on that time sherriff coz my husband really really explained it almost yell lol but they wont do just TD and they even provide the form from USCIS for me so they know the rules/law but well they sucked you up... :blush:

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Take the I-1485 AOS Application to the civil surgeon's office and show them page 4, on the left side, states, "If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who hada medical examination within the past year asrequired for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, youonly need to submit a vaccination supplement, not theentire medical report. You may include thevaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application." Don't worry, most civil surgeons are high on drugs :wacko: if they think that they can swindle VJ members in order to make a fast buck. They better think twice! :thumbs:

that really is relieving me now Sherrif.. thank you so much. thank you too ronmay for responding. that was funny too sherrif that they're high on drugs......wow thank you...

~*God Speed*~

Anyone know if there is any civil surgeon here in Oregon or Washington or Las Vegas that will only get me a Td vaccine and transfer it to I693A form...and not take me a full medical exam.

I just had my Td shot and vaccination record transferred to I-693A today in Portland. I was only charged $40 for the Td. Not sure why the doctor did not charge me $5 for the transfer fee as was advised to me over the phone. The doctor's name is Dr. Al Torres. His address is 2220 NW Pettygrove Street, Portland, ORR 97210 tel. (503) 224-0103. Clinic hours 8am-11am and 1pm-4pm.

The doctor is very nice. Dr. Torres (Costa Rican descent) asked if I am Filipina and when I said yes, he said "Mabuhay!". He knows a lot of stuff about the Philippines and Filipino traits. He said "maraming salamat po" to me too.

Hi guys and gals,

Just popping in to report that we just got back from Vegas for our wedding. We got hitched on 7-07-07 (ang baduy ano?). Will post pics later. Been busy lately with more paperwork :blink: Wala ba talagang katapusan ito? :wacko:

My left arm is sore from the Td shot so bye-bye muna. I need to rest.

PW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:dancing: I'm leaving on a jet plane now I know when I'll be back again coz my wife got her visa today!! Just like 30 min ago.It ONLY took 3weeks exactly for her to receive her visa.Thanks to all the VJs for your support. and to all still waiting..have patience your time will come.I booked my flight on the July 18. :dance:

wow!! congratulations to crambajoy, sweethoney, elmasguapo, kev&jena for your visa delivery :dance::dance::dance:

congratulations to c&m14 for your successful interview :dance: and it's good for you that you got nice interviewers :thumbs: we pray that we will also have nice interviewers during our schedule too :innocent:

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Hi guys and gals,

Just popping in to report that we just got back from Vegas for our wedding. We got hitched on 7-07-07 (ang baduy ano?). Will post pics later. Been busy lately with more paperwork :blink: Wala ba talagang katapusan ito? :wacko:

My left arm is sore from the Td shot so bye-bye muna. I need to rest.

PW

:dancing::dancing::dancing:Congratulations on your Wedding!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

08/13/2007 Interview date... Approved!!!

08/17/2007 Arrive in the US

09/08/2007 Wedding in Las Vegas!

AOS

10/11/2007 AOS mailed overnight to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

11/20/2007 Biometrics Appointment

12/05/2007 EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered!

12/14/2007 EAD Card Received

12/21/2007 Transfered to CSC!

01/28/2008 Green Card and Welcome letter received in the mail!

ROC

10/29/2009 Packet Overnighted to CSC

11/06/2009 NOA Letter Recieved

11/16/2009 Biometrics Appointment Letter

12/02/2009 Biometrics Completed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.