Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

O.K. Just finished the million pages in the past couple days.

My husband got his medical for this Wed. coming up. He is finally ready to come up and be with his wife. He has gone back and forth if we should live here or there. I could teach music at a High School or a College. But I think he is ready to try it here for a few years. My professor wrote me and said lets see what we can do to get his college all paid for to go to Elmhurst College. So we will see in a year after the GED is complete.

Does anyone have an interview in April? Or are we the next ones?

Question do u have to get the Visa air packed or can he drive back to the Embassy and pick it up? :help:

Yippee now I am on Easter break for four days. I just found out that summer school is only the month of June so hubby and I will have all of July and some of August together. Plus I get off at 1pm each day.

:luv:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Shemanya,

He's coming to Rams Head Live down in Baltimore on May 13th. We'd LOVE to check out the show....

Stephen was here a few weeks ago for his CD release party. My friends said he only sang 2-3 songs. He's coming back in May to do a regular concert, I hope. Damien is performing with him. I'll see them at the Sumfest.

For now I only want to see Richie Spice on April 21st....can't wait :dance:

Timeline
Does anyone here like (or know) who Gyptian is? I am listening to his song "Beautiful Lady." I know this song has been out for a while, but everytime I hear it, it makes me feel like I am at home (JA, that is.)

"She said oooohhh, and aaaahhhh, she never felt so right. I said yeeesss , oh baby, breathe on me tonight...." Just lovely.

He debuted (I think) with his big hit "Serious Times" which is a tuff song about the crime and socioeconomic situation in Kingston. He has a very interesting voice.

I love Gyptian!!! I have his CD. You can also see the video for Beautiful Lady on thiswebsite.

Does anyone here like (or know) who Gyptian is? I am listening to his song "Beautiful Lady." I know this song has been out for a while, but everytime I hear it, it makes me feel like I am at home (JA, that is.)

"She said oooohhh, and aaaahhhh, she never felt so right. I said yeeesss , oh baby, breathe on me tonight...." Just lovely.

He debuted (I think) with his big hit "Serious Times" which is a tuff song about the crime and socioeconomic situation in Kingston. He has a very interesting voice.

I love Gyptian!!! I have his CD. You can also see the video for Beautiful Lady on thiswebsite.

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
I believe its on his CD Rebellion, but double check to make sure. And Damian, that is another story. I am usually not too "celebrity crazy" but that is one artist that I love with a passion. He did a few concerts in JA while I was there and I was sooo tempted to go, but then I remembered that I was married, and my husband wouldn't like me trying to kiss all over Damian and stuff. (He is a bit jealous of my obsession.) His lyrics are so real, he just keep it real, and I appreciate him as an artist. And when him and Steven get together they can really do some damage.

My hubby claims he has "connections ", and one day he will take me to meet Damian. Im like, whatever...

Who are you meeting? I'm thinking your hubby will be real jealous if you are trying to kiss her husband. You guys have me rolling today.

My husband's cousin is Jah Cure. I can't wait to get all up close and personal with him one day, probably this summer. No kissing involved though.

I like him too. But isn't he still in jail serving time for rape??? I think he has several more years to go.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
I just had to pop in and say hello!!! I saw Jomo's Girl on here FINALLY!!!! hey chica! It's me Jilly from ETJ!! Tell Jomo I say hey.

Hey Nyseness, SJB, Jonesie, Rhonda, Mindy and the rest of the crew!

And just need to add....after all I've been through with my Jamaican man (and I don't mean just the denial)....I don't hate him OR any of them for that matter.

Hey Jill!!!

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
I believe its on his CD Rebellion, but double check to make sure. And Damian, that is another story. I am usually not too "celebrity crazy" but that is one artist that I love with a passion. He did a few concerts in JA while I was there and I was sooo tempted to go, but then I remembered that I was married, and my husband wouldn't like me trying to kiss all over Damian and stuff. (He is a bit jealous of my obsession.) His lyrics are so real, he just keep it real, and I appreciate him as an artist. And when him and Steven get together they can really do some damage.

My hubby claims he has "connections ", and one day he will take me to meet Damian. Im like, whatever...

Who are you meeting? I'm thinking your hubby will be real jealous if you are trying to kiss her husband. You guys have me rolling today.

My husband's cousin is Jah Cure. I can't wait to get all up close and personal with him one day, probably this summer. No kissing involved though.

I like him too. But isn't he still in jail serving time for rape??? I think he has several more years to go.

Never mind my sister just told me he's suppose to get released this July.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

wow I didn't know that hmm

Never mind my sister just told me he's suppose to get released this July.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Trinilad!

You mentioned a $250.00 wedding!!!! How did you guys get such a good deal and can you please offer some tips? Thanks! :D

Wow, what happened?

Congrats to Texasbound!

And also congrats to the others who have been approved and/or received their visas!

Well Iffeisha brought a bridesmaid dress for about $80.00. The wedding ceremony was $25.00 at the courthouse. I had a suit already. My daughters dress cost about $45.00 , we had dinner at my college that is a culinary school with a restaurant. There were about 6 persons there. The school waived the charge , but the lunch special was about $10.00 pr person. Misc expenses made up the rest.

We figured that the piece of paper to mail to USCIS saying we were marraid was what we needed. Did not want to spend a fortune when we knew we could not get what we wanted in such a short time. We are going to Jamaica for Christmas and having a reception there for all her family and friends. We also have a church blessing arranged.

Our life together is what is important. Travelling, going to school, getting a new car and preparing for the cold weather were her focus when she came here.

After you spend all that money on travel back and forth to Jamaica and the whole visa process and knowing the cost of the I-485 and the workpermit, we just did what we had to do to get this whole immigration thing behind us for now. Besides, we are stillon our honeymoon and will be for years to come.

Timeline

I guess most of your Jamaican hubbies would share with you the stories of a true Caribbean Carnival. For any of you who never experienced the Mardi gras like festivities in Jamaica, there are a lot of US cities that do have caribbean Carnivals where you get the chance to really let yourself lose. You know how Caribbean people can party.

So now that I have all these friends (am I so bold to use that word now?) across the US, I hope I can get the chance to meet some of you when I visit some of these cities this summer for Carnival. I am normally in Boston, Philly, Delaware, New York, Atlanta and Miami. I am hoping to add maybe 2 more cities this year so I can give that new car of mine some mileage. Does anyone live in a city that has an exciting Caribbean Carnival and plan to go this year? Don't worry, I am not going to be hitting anyone up for accomadation. I usually stay in a hotel.

Timeline
I guess most of your Jamaican hubbies would share with you the stories of a true Caribbean Carnival. For any of you who never experienced the Mardi gras like festivities in Jamaica, there are a lot of US cities that do have caribbean Carnivals where you get the chance to really let yourself lose. You know how Caribbean people can party.

So now that I have all these friends (am I so bold to use that word now?) across the US, I hope I can get the chance to meet some of you when I visit some of these cities this summer for Carnival. I am normally in Boston, Philly, Delaware, New York, Atlanta and Miami. I am hoping to add maybe 2 more cities this year so I can give that new car of mine some mileage. Does anyone live in a city that has an exciting Caribbean Carnival and plan to go this year? Don't worry, I am not going to be hitting anyone up for accomadation. I usually stay in a hotel.

Let me know when you will be in Boston. Would love to meet you and your wife.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Definitely. Boston Carnival has always been one of my favorites. Long drive from Baltimore but well worth it.

Timeline

Definitely. Boston Carnival has always been one of my favorites. Long drive from Baltimore but well worth it.

When is it anyway? I always miss it and it would be great to plan for it. Nice surprise for hubby.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

When is it anyway? I always miss it and it would be great to plan for it. Nice surprise for hubby.

It is always the last saturday in August, right befor Brooklyn's carnival. Carnivals are always held the same time every year. DC is the last sat in June, New york is on Labor Day weekend, Baltimore has 2. One is the weekend after new York and the other id the 2nd Sat in August. If the date changes for Boston, i willlet you know. But for now, just plan for the last Saturday in August.

Timeline

Do you know the dates? We may go to the one in Delaware and NY. The DC carnival is June 23-24...my bellydancing class (including myself :blush: ) will be in it. Let me know if you come out...we would love to meet you and your wife. Do you have Baltimore dates?

Timeline

Do you know the dates? We may go to the one in Delaware and NY. The DC carnival is June 23-24...my bellydancing class (including myself :blush: ) will be in it. Let me know if you come out...we would love to meet you and your wife. Do you have Baltimore dates?

Clarifying. You know a couple years ago the people who organize Baltimore Carnival had a big falling out. So the group split and formed two association and hence Baltimore has 2 carnivals. The first one this year is July 13-15th. The parade is on Sat 14th 2007. The other is September 9th 2007. I do not normally go to the one in September because after Boston and New York, I normally do not have enough energy. Besides I like carnival when it is hot and sunny, not in September when we sometimes get an early chill here in Baltimore. Jumping half naked in the streets is better when it is hot.

We are definitely going to be in DC. Just so you know, I play with the mud band every year. I am not into the pretty mass in DC. The mud band has the most fun and all my friends are in the mud band. You should really give it a try. I know the whole idea of putting mud on your skin and jumping in the street may not sit well with you. Iffeisha is not keen about it either. But I did this since my days of living in Trinidad and I could not think of playing mas in DC any other way. I try to play with the mud bands in cities where they are allowed. My wife and I enjoyed jamaican carnival for the first time together last year in Kingston and she normlly sees me as a stiff jacket always business like. After that experienc she no longer has that perception. Calypso music has an effect on me that is hard to explain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.