Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

I thought they had filed AOS and he has a 2 year green card.

They filed for AOS but no interview and NO GC yet.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm not sure if I've ever said it, Jawi. I do look forward to your chuckles every day.

It's not Jawi! :no: Gil does the chuckles :lol:

Oh, yah, I'm sorry.

Gil, I love your chuckles.

I thought they had filed AOS and he has a 2 year green card.

They filed for AOS but no interview and NO GC yet.

So she signed those papers stating she would support him. I Know that I have heard you can claim fraud and get out of it. However, knowing the visa system just to get one, I tend to think getting out would not be as easy as just snapping your fingers. I'm willing to be it's long and stressful and expensive.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Otherwise, I have saved, copied, collated, and filed pretty much from the day of the AOS. I know, I know....I'm #######. But I'm scared. And, I WILL NOT be running around doing all this later. I'll fill out the paperwork, bind it all together somehow, add a check, and send it off. Doesnt' that sound wonderfully easy? Not the story of my life, so we'll just see.

Ok, you have just surpassed Mindy as the Queen of ####### :lol::no: You have NO need to be nervous or worried. You have everything you need already and almost a year to go still! Geez woman!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
JG- You out there?? How are you? Missed you! I see you are firmly imbeded in this society and causing trouble as always (just kidding!!). Well, not as much trouble as COREY caused anyway!!! That was unreal.

Anyways.....you know I'm not one to chit chat, I have an actual immigration question. If anyone knows this......I'm sure the answer is somewhere in plain site, but I don't have any spare time right now to look.

So, this is my question....youngster got his Advanced Parole recently. But we dare not leave the country yet because as I understand it, Advance Parole doesn't actually protect him from banishment if he was out of status for over one year (which he was). We have our interview on December 7. Does anyone know if there is some "Stamp" you get in your passport the same day if the interview is succesful/approved? Like, before he gets his green card? Hi uncle told him so, but his uncle went through the process 15 years ago!! We want to plan a trip to JA for Christmas, but obviously DON'T want to go with the AP paperwork alone. Anyone??

Hey you.

I would not go on the AP. The reason is exactly as you stated. I have heard that just cause they approved the AP does not mean an immigration officer somewhere along the way cannot stop him because of the overstay. While it would not be the correct thing to do, it is legal for them to do, and it would keep him in Jamaica till someone sorts it out. It would probably take a waiver and that would be costly and time consuming. It has not happend to me; but I have read many stories of those who it has happened to. If you want first hand stories, there is an AP section on this board and much talk about what you are asking.

Keep in mind, it is hit and miss. He could sail through without incident. I just wouldn't risk it if it were me.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Otherwise, I have saved, copied, collated, and filed pretty much from the day of the AOS. I know, I know....I'm #######. But I'm scared. And, I WILL NOT be running around doing all this later. I'll fill out the paperwork, bind it all together somehow, add a check, and send it off. Doesnt' that sound wonderfully easy? Not the story of my life, so we'll just see.

Ok, you have just surpassed Mindy as the Queen of ####### :lol::no: You have NO need to be nervous or worried. You have everything you need already and almost a year to go still! Geez woman!

Don't think Mindy hasn't said that to me a few times!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Ok since we are on the topic of removing conditions...I have a question for y'all...

So me and the hubby are working on things and they are getting better everyday but we don't live together currently and haven't since May. We probably won't be back living together before it is time to file (Feb). Do you think this will be a big problem? We can't get the typical evidence together because we don't have the same address. What would you all do for evidence? How would you address it in the RC packet? It will be obvious since we don't have the same address.

I'm a little stumped at this. If I were you, I think I would put it out there on the Lifting of Conditions thread and see if anyone else has experienced this. Someone has to have faced it or known someone who has.

Honestly, I can't come up with a single thought on this. Everything in proof is that you jointly share a life. I would say the fact that the two of you are working on things and still committed to furthering the process is a great indicator in my book. But, to word it like that and explain successfully may be a whole 'other thing. I would also venture to say you are definately going to have an interview.

I buried them in paperwork and pictures last time and I'm determined to do it again!!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I hear ya on the AP, but we'd never chance it with just that anyway. My question is......is there something that happens on the SAME DAY as the interview, if we are approved? Does he receive anything that says he's approved, before he actually receives a "green card"? Because if so, I think we'd think more seriously about tickets to JA. See what I'm saying? We would never go with just the AP alone. THANKS!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok since we are on the topic of removing conditions...I have a question for y'all...

So me and the hubby are working on things and they are getting better everyday but we don't live together currently and haven't since May. We probably won't be back living together before it is time to file (Feb). Do you think this will be a big problem? We can't get the typical evidence together because we don't have the same address. What would you all do for evidence? How would you address it in the RC packet? It will be obvious since we don't have the same address.

I'm a little stumped at this. If I were you, I think I would put it out there on the Lifting of Conditions thread and see if anyone else has experienced this. Someone has to have faced it or known someone who has.

Honestly, I can't come up with a single thought on this. Everything in proof is that you jointly share a life. I would say the fact that the two of you are working on things and still committed to furthering the process is a great indicator in my book. But, to word it like that and explain successfully may be a whole 'other thing. I would also venture to say you are definately going to have an interview.

Yeah I am stumped as well...I posted over in the LC forum so hopefully I will get some good answers there.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hear ya on the AP, but we'd never chance it with just that anyway. My question is......is there something that happens on the SAME DAY as the interview, if we are approved? Does he receive anything that says he's approved, before he actually receives a "green card"? Because if so, I think we'd think more seriously about tickets to JA. See what I'm saying? We would never go with just the AP alone. THANKS!!!

There is a chance you can get the approval stamp...but it is such a slim chance I wouldn't buy tickets before I actually got it. First there is no guarantee you will be approved, you don't know if your namechecks have been cleared and you don't know if the service center/interviewer actually gives out the stamp in the first place. Too many variables. Some people have waited MONTHS to get their green cards because their namechecks were still being processed...they had nothing to say that they had been approved because technically you can't be approved unless your namechecks come back clean.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Scam- Delta Airlines

I agree with Gill. We should contact the FCC. I am on the phone with Delta's Corporate Office (404) 715-2600. J. Masters, Customer Care Rep. has filed a report. Delta is aware of the fraudulent calls that are being made to Sky Miles Members. The representative is trying to find the common link. Are we staying at the same hotel? Do we rent from the same car agencies? I told her that I would contact other VJ members to inquire.

Hey Ms. Scott,

I posted the issue on 'Not Stella' thread...I'll copy and paste it here too. Jus to give EVERYONE the heads up!

P.S.- I'm proudda you, cause that seriously freaked me out. Cause I know so many of us get Megafone calls.

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

**********WEDNESDAY CHUCKLE**********

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY...git yuh hump on...(if yuh caan )

For those that missed it!

Blessed heverytime,

Gill

Big Shot Jamaican

Joe grew up in Jamaica, then moved away to attend college and law school.

He decided to come back to Jamaica because he felt he could be a Big Shot at home. He really wanted to impress everyone. So he returned and opened

his new law office in New Kingston.

The first day, he saw a man coming up the passageway. He decided to make a big impression on this potential client when he arrived. As the man came to the door Joe picked up the phone. He motioned the man in, all the while talking. "No. Absolutely not. You tell those clowns in New York that I won't settle this case for less than one million. Yes, the Appeals Court has agreed to hear that case next week. I'll be handling the primary argument and the other members of my team will provide support. Okay, tell the DA that I'll meet with him next week to discuss the details."

The "conversation" went on for almost five minutes. All the while the man sat patiently as Joe rattled off instructions. Finally, Joe put down the phone and turned to the man, "I'm sorry for the delay but as you can see, I'm very busy. What can I do for you?" The man replied, "I'm from Cable & Wireless, the telephone company, I come to hook up your phone."

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

***THis is what Mrs. Scott was referring too.*** FYI

Yo Guys, I meant to tell you. I was talking to some VJ Yardie members last night and found out Megafone is running hall typa scam.

OK, a few weeks ago I got a phone call and it was from a Megafone number ...I know cause my caller ID came up 'Hubby-Megafone'. So mi answer hit and one dyam fool nuh try fi tell mi seh mi win sweepstakes and send him $$ fi collect mi prize. I ask him where yuh calling mi from...him seh VIRGINIA...Wid big big Jamaican accent yuh knoa.

So, I say from when Megafone reach a VA?? Mi give 'im one rahtid cussing han hang-up pon 'im. Ok, now a next VJ Yardie memba tell mi last night that she got the same phone call 2 weeks ago and git a next one yesterday telling har she win a Mercedes Benz and fi send $450 fi collect it! Yo, a one gyal calling dis time and call deh vj Yardie memba by har correct name, tell deh VJ memba har home address all dung tuh airline she tek pon har last visit tuh see har SO! The VJ memba hang up pon har and deh blasted ooman nuh call har back agan!!!

So, mi seh halla dis fi seh, mi nuh knoa what scam Megafone a run. If dem a sell deh U.S. person phone number or listening in on conversation...mi nuh knoa...but jus' be VERY careful when yuh git Megafone calls!

Zeen...jussa heads up in case hennyone git cyatch out deh!

I was thinking bout calling deh FCC and asking dem fi look inna it? What oonuh tink?

Blessed,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

AGAIN, IF YOU MISSED IT!!!

**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Driving In Kingston

BASIC RULES FOR DRIVING IN KINGSTON

1. Turn signals will give away your next move. A real Kingston driver never uses them.

2. Under no circumstance should you leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or the space will be filled in by somebody else, putting you in an even more dangerous situation.

3. The faster you drive through a red light, the smaller the chance you have of getting hit.

4. Never, ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign. No one expects it and it will result in you being rear-ended.

5. Never get in the way of an older car that needs extensive bodywork. The other guy doesn't have anything to lose.

6. Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to ensure that your ABS kicks in, giving a nice, relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to stretch your legs.

7. Never pass on the right when you can pass on the left. It's a good way to scare people for a laugh.

8. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as a suggestion and

are apparently not enforceable in Kingston.

9. Just because you're in the right lane and have no room to speed up or move over doesn't mean that a Kingston driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your

spot.

10. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even someone changing a tire.

11. Learn to swerve abruptly. Kingston is the home of the high-speed 'dally' , thanks to the KSAC, which puts pot-holes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their toes.

12. It is traditional in Kingston to honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light turns green.

13. Remember that the goal of every Kingston driver is to get there first --by whatever means necessary.

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.