Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Timeline
Hey, guys. Please could we move on to something else? Everyone is pretty much stuck in their own opinions, with their own reasons, and it is what it is. It's all incredibly stressful and sad today.

I agree to disagree or agree with you, whatever the case may be.

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm out.

You are no longer worth the effort or my VALUABLE time to sit down and respond to your obilivious statements.

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!

This forum was started for US to have a place to help each other -- not BASH each other every chance we get.

What is wrong with someone having an opinion? That's just fine if you don't agree with it but do we have to get so nasty?

I have been around (and been a party to) plenty of prejudice in my life. It is what it is. Yeah, it's a shame that in this day and age things like this still go on -- I am sorry for that. I really am. But I don't go around making it worse. Whatever......

Ya know Mindy.....I TOTALLY miss the good ole days when we used to laugh, joke, support, be caring, etc etc and not have ANY of this BS drama on here !!!!! Where the heck are all of our "veterans"????!!!

Oh LORD!!! Get over the veterans already!!!! It sounds quite insulting to those who are "newbies" on here! Like they are unwanted or something. I have seen you make this comment many times before, even when I was a newbie and all it made me do is not like the veterans. so that comment really gets the thread no where. Its gonna become a battle of the newbie verse the vet in a minute and of course the newbie will win, cause there are WAY more of them. The thread is what it is! It evolves just like everyting else in life! It has its ups and downs.

The problem on here is what I see on many other forums that have to do with Jamaica and the Americans who love it. People have a high-octane opinion, mixed with their love for a country but really have never walked a mile in the shoes of the people from the country. I think people who are not Black don't understand when things SEEM to always have a "racial" issue behind them because they only see the surface. They only see what the media presents to them.

I gotta say, there's a WHOLE underground, unspoken world that Black people from ALL OVER THE WORLD share. Only WE share it so other races and cultures don't get it. Blacks meet from the US, UK, Africa, Caribbean, and they all have someting in common. The way they have been treated throughout the history of this world. They all have heard horrible tear causing stories from their granparents, and even their own children. The all know whats its like to be a ethnic minority, even when they live in a country or continent where they are the majority. When we don't live in areas where there are many of us we gravitate to one another, giving each other an unspoken look, or head nod just to show, we acknowledge each others Blackness. When we are around each other we embrace our Blackness and our culture much more than we do when we are around others. WE wear our hair differently, we dress differently, we talk about differnet things. We have converstaions and speech patterns we would never share with other races no matter how down we think they are. When we do it fuels debates like the one on here cause others just don't understand.

I know this may be new for many to understand, even if you've been around Black people for years, dated Black men, had Black friends, listen to reggae, rap, soul and R&B. There are just somethings that you will never get. Either you can't physically experience them, like having someone call you a N----, have people tell you to cover your nappy hair, spit at you cause your Black, through hateful slurs at you, say your pretty for a Black girl, ask if you wash your hair, sit in an office of all whites, sit in a school of all whites, sit on a bus, at a movie, in the mall......its a different world from our eyes. Then there's just the stuff we as Black folks talk about in the privacy of or Black neighborhoods, some of that stuff will never come out to the public til the day we all die!!!!

SO when issues like JENA 6 come out well you're just getting a bit of a taste of what we talk about and how we talk on the DL.

HELLO!!!!!

Girl you hit the nail on the head! Thank you for your eloquent, well written, enlightful post. Oh but maybe my ideas or throughts aren't worthy because I am a "NEWBIE"!!!!! #######???? I think it is quite the opposite because you see we all have more experience .................(let it go......)

Thanks again....

I think the veterans comments were made as far as the spirit of the way previous discussions have occured and not necessarily what was said.

But....once AGAIN, everything was taken completely out of context !!! No wonder folks are droppin like flies....

Well it can be taken several ways what was said in respect to the vetaran comment so we when posting should try to understand that when you type words they can be taken different ways as opposed to actually speaking. I read that statement abt the veterans several times and in all honestly it can be viewed negatively or positively. Words on paper or screen are very different than spoken word. Everyone comprehends differently, information presented to them. I was always taught to think before i speak as some things can come off wrong and once said they cant be taken back. Lets all try to stay positive here and focus on what we are all here for :) to support each other through our journey all this added fighting amongst us makes it a bit more stressful. This is a place i normally come to get my mind off things and for you guys support. Lets get back to that:) im sure everyone has voiced what they have to say on the topics of the past few days, week(s).

But of course, it's ALWAYS taken to a negative level !!!!!! If anyone has ever read part 1 & 2 of the yardie thread ...you would see that 99% of the times everything was positive.

I just asked my sons 2 friends that are over right now ...one black and one black/japenese about this entire scenario.............and neither one of them expressed every having ANY type of prejudiceness towards them. IT IS HOW WE RAISE OUR CHILDREN. STOP EXPRESSING TO YOUR CHILDREN about all of the negativeness you have endured in your life, because then they turn around and take that into the "outside world". I've been through ALOT but I don't have to tell my son everything that I've gone through and trust me, I've dealt with a ton of prejudiceness as well. Have our children of TODAY, make a POSITIVE CHANGE for the world and change the BS racism that still exists (from years gone by) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know my son is doing that because of the way "I" am raising NOT to see color and to NOT be ignorant to anyone that is of a different race.

On Dr Phil yesterday his FIRST WORDS were .......................WHERE ARE THE PARENTS OF ALL OF THESE CHILDREN, both sides !!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What hotel is closest to the embasssy, and is clean and cheap. Whats up with Christar Villas how far is that away does anyone know....

Christar is by far the closest...it's right across the road from my alma mater (Campion). It's a few blocks away from the embassy. It's a nice little walk, but it can be done; if you drove, it's 5 minutes, if that much (only because of the traffic lights and congestion on that road).

I stayed at Sunset Inn before i can see the hilton from there im just not sure if thats close to the embassy it was clean and cheap though about 65-70 US http://sunsetinn-ja.com/. Its on Altamont Crescent....Knutsford seems pretty nice i odnt even care what it look like lol as long as im on time for my interview!!! i dont want to be late!! hey do they ever let you in early? I wonder what time they actually start the interviews.

we had a early interview and i was told be ppl on vj to get there i think by 6 or something like that...mike didn't believe me until he asked the security guards at the hotel and he yes you shoul be there early cause i line will start...this was at the old embassy so i am not sure how it is at the new place...also the guard called a taxi for us...so we didn't have to worry about getting a ride...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey, guys. Please could we move on to something else? Everyone is pretty much stuck in their own opinions, with their own reasons, and it is what it is. It's all incredibly stressful and sad today.

I agree to disagree or agree with you, whatever the case may be.

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm out.

You are no longer worth the effort or my VALUABLE time to sit down and respond to your obilivious statements.

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!

This forum was started for US to have a place to help each other -- not BASH each other every chance we get.

What is wrong with someone having an opinion? That's just fine if you don't agree with it but do we have to get so nasty?

I have been around (and been a party to) plenty of prejudice in my life. It is what it is. Yeah, it's a shame that in this day and age things like this still go on -- I am sorry for that. I really am. But I don't go around making it worse. Whatever......

Ya know Mindy.....I TOTALLY miss the good ole days when we used to laugh, joke, support, be caring, etc etc and not have ANY of this BS drama on here !!!!! Where the heck are all of our "veterans"????!!!

Oh LORD!!! Get over the veterans already!!!! It sounds quite insulting to those who are "newbies" on here! Like they are unwanted or something. I have seen you make this comment many times before, even when I was a newbie and all it made me do is not like the veterans. so that comment really gets the thread no where. Its gonna become a battle of the newbie verse the vet in a minute and of course the newbie will win, cause there are WAY more of them. The thread is what it is! It evolves just like everyting else in life! It has its ups and downs.

The problem on here is what I see on many other forums that have to do with Jamaica and the Americans who love it. People have a high-octane opinion, mixed with their love for a country but really have never walked a mile in the shoes of the people from the country. I think people who are not Black don't understand when things SEEM to always have a "racial" issue behind them because they only see the surface. They only see what the media presents to them.

I gotta say, there's a WHOLE underground, unspoken world that Black people from ALL OVER THE WORLD share. Only WE share it so other races and cultures don't get it. Blacks meet from the US, UK, Africa, Caribbean, and they all have someting in common. The way they have been treated throughout the history of this world. They all have heard horrible tear causing stories from their granparents, and even their own children. The all know whats its like to be a ethnic minority, even when they live in a country or continent where they are the majority. When we don't live in areas where there are many of us we gravitate to one another, giving each other an unspoken look, or head nod just to show, we acknowledge each others Blackness. When we are around each other we embrace our Blackness and our culture much more than we do when we are around others. WE wear our hair differently, we dress differently, we talk about differnet things. We have converstaions and speech patterns we would never share with other races no matter how down we think they are. When we do it fuels debates like the one on here cause others just don't understand.

I know this may be new for many to understand, even if you've been around Black people for years, dated Black men, had Black friends, listen to reggae, rap, soul and R&B. There are just somethings that you will never get. Either you can't physically experience them, like having someone call you a N----, have people tell you to cover your nappy hair, spit at you cause your Black, through hateful slurs at you, say your pretty for a Black girl, ask if you wash your hair, sit in an office of all whites, sit in a school of all whites, sit on a bus, at a movie, in the mall......its a different world from our eyes. Then there's just the stuff we as Black folks talk about in the privacy of or Black neighborhoods, some of that stuff will never come out to the public til the day we all die!!!!

SO when issues like JENA 6 come out well you're just getting a bit of a taste of what we talk about and how we talk on the DL.

HELLO!!!!!

Girl you hit the nail on the head! Thank you for your eloquent, well written, enlightful post. Oh but maybe my ideas or throughts aren't worthy because I am a "NEWBIE"!!!!! #######???? I think it is quite the opposite because you see we all have more experience .................(let it go......)

Thanks again....

I think the veterans comments were made as far as the spirit of the way previous discussions have occured and not necessarily what was said.

But....once AGAIN, everything was taken completely out of context !!! No wonder folks are droppin like flies....

Well it can be taken several ways what was said in respect to the vetaran comment so we when posting should try to understand that when you type words they can be taken different ways as opposed to actually speaking. I read that statement abt the veterans several times and in all honestly it can be viewed negatively or positively. Words on paper or screen are very different than spoken word. Everyone comprehends differently, information presented to them. I was always taught to think before i speak as some things can come off wrong and once said they cant be taken back. Lets all try to stay positive here and focus on what we are all here for :) to support each other through our journey all this added fighting amongst us makes it a bit more stressful. This is a place i normally come to get my mind off things and for you guys support. Lets get back to that:) im sure everyone has voiced what they have to say on the topics of the past few days, week(s).

But of course, it's ALWAYS taken to a negative level !!!!!! If anyone has ever read part 1 & 2 of the yardie thread ...you would see that 99% of the times everything was positive.

I just asked my sons 2 friends that are over right now ...one black and one black/japenese about this entire scenario.............and neither one of them expressed every having ANY type of prejudiceness towards them. IT IS HOW WE RAISE OUR CHILDREN. STOP EXPRESSING TO YOUR CHILDREN about all of the negativeness you have endured in your life, because then they turn around and take that into the "outside world". I've been through ALOT but I don't have to tell my son everything that I've gone through and trust me, I've dealt with a ton of prejudiceness as well. Have our children of TODAY, make a POSITIVE CHANGE for the world and change the BS racism that still exists (from years gone by) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know my son is doing that because of the way "I" am raising NOT to see color and to NOT be ignorant to anyone that is of a different race.

On Dr Phil yesterday his FIRST WORDS were .......................WHERE ARE THE PARENTS OF ALL OF THESE CHILDREN, both sides !!!!

Please.. Please lets let this go im praying :crying: and begging on this let it go move on next subject ok im about to put on some BOB ok...Everyone hopefully should have had their say on this by now im normally quiet but wow we are on yardie 4 lets stay in the present yardie 3 is the past....lets focus on what is occuring now pretty please with sugar on top ok...:)

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What hotel is closest to the embasssy, and is clean and cheap. Whats up with Christar Villas how far is that away does anyone know....

Christar is by far the closest...it's right across the road from my alma mater (Campion). It's a few blocks away from the embassy. It's a nice little walk, but it can be done; if you drove, it's 5 minutes, if that much (only because of the traffic lights and congestion on that road).

I stayed at Sunset Inn before i can see the hilton from there im just not sure if thats close to the embassy it was clean and cheap though about 65-70 US http://sunsetinn-ja.com/. Its on Altamont Crescent....Knutsford seems pretty nice i odnt even care what it look like lol as long as im on time for my interview!!! i dont want to be late!! hey do they ever let you in early? I wonder what time they actually start the interviews.

we had a early interview and i was told be ppl on vj to get there i think by 6 or something like that...mike didn't believe me until he asked the security guards at the hotel and he yes you shoul be there early cause i line will start...this was at the old embassy so i am not sure how it is at the new place...also the guard called a taxi for us...so we didn't have to worry about getting a ride...

Hey JALOVE, our interview was at 1:30 and they let us in as soon as we got there, at 12:15p. I don't know if it was due to the fact that the interview may have been on an off day (it was a Friday), but there wasn't a line for us to get in.

If you still want to stay in New Kingston, you can, a taxi will be able to get you there. Just leave with enough time to spare. As I said, Christar is just down the road, but I have never stayed there, so I don't know how nice it is.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

We are going to drive there any ideas how far new kingston is from the embassy

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
We are going to drive there any ideas how far new kingston is from the embassy

It's not very far. Have you ever been to Sovereign in Liguanea? It's not very far from there. On a clear day, it will take about 25 minutes. Leave as early as you can to get there because you will be dealing with school traffic; there are about 3 schools on Hope Road alone, between New Kingston and where the embassy is now.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A friend of mind loves this place...

http://www.altamontcourt.com/

and she says it is real close to the embassy...seems a little expensive to me though...

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

and she says it is real close to the embassy...seems a little expensive to me though...

Altamonte is nice, that's where I stayed for my honeymoon.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Im in a great mood today :) im planning a wedding CD so far i got 7 songs to choose from! I need some more.

1. Sacrifice By Alaine(this one is number one so far!!!)

2. Is this love-Bob Marley

3. Tessane Chen-Hideaway( i think thats what its called)

4. One Love- Bob Marley

5. Deeper-Alaine

6. Heavenly-Alaine

7.No ordinary love-Alaine

ok i need leave alain alone lol she the entire CD!!! maybe i will need disk one and two haha...i have so many more songs i like i have to go thru them all...

This looks nice! maybe we need a treat :) may just stay there. Go early the day before.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
Im in a great mood today :) im planning a wedding CD so far i got 7 songs to choose from! I need some more.

4. One Love- Bob Marley

5. Deeper-Alaine

6. Heavenly-Alaine

ok i need leave alain alone lol she the entire CD!!! maybe i will need disk one and two haha...i have so many more songs i like i have to go thru them all...

This looks nice! maybe we need a treat :) may just stay there. Go early the day before.

It is really nice and reasonable. We enjoyed staying there. Knutsford Court, we both loved as well.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

4. One Love- Bob Marley

5. Deeper-Alaine

6. Heavenly-Alaine

Hideaway................I freakin love this song. Listening to it right now on my laptop. This is a must!!!

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

4. One Love- Bob Marley

5. Deeper-Alaine

6. Heavenly-Alaine

i love number 7....used to play it over and over and over again after leaving mike in ja....

Timeline

Question- My hubby is missing cornmeal porridge. Does anyone know how to make it or have a reciepe? Thanks :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Question- My hubby is missing cornmeal porridge. Does anyone know how to make it or have a reciepe? Thanks :whistle:

ok ur makin me hungry!~~~ i been on a porridge kick~~~

theres actually a recipe on the back of the Grace cornmeal package too i tried that one it was pretty good

Cornmeal Porridge

INGREDIENTS :

4 ozs. cornmeal

1pt water

1cup milk

salt to taste,nutmeg,[ vanilla optional]

sugar to taste or fat free condensed milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.

METHOD:

Mix cornmeal in 1/2pt. water.

Bring remainder of water and milk to boil and stir in cornmeal and salt.

Cook for about 10-12 mins.

Sweeten to taste and add nutmeg and vanilla.

Serve hot. Ideal for children.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

How is it that you can make a statement like this, but if I said something similar that we did that to acknowledge our brothers & sisters WHITENESS, then I would be labeled a RACIST???

Look hun! Don't be gettin' on me cause you got issues with how people disagree with some of your statements! If you make a controversial statement be prepared to deal with its reactions! Plain and simple!!

If you say "whats up" to your white "brothers and sisters" thats fine! Why would someone call you a racist because of that? I don't get your statement there. So if Blacks want to big up each other and "acknowledge" each other when they see one another ain't nothing wrong with it!

You better back up off me!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.