Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NEW TOPIC!!

Anyway, moving on to more pleasant things...

Did anyone see the 'Heroes' Premiere last night? It was off the hook!! I love that show!

Gill

HA! This si hilarious! Girl you crazy!! LOL! :lol:

Marlita,

You knew it was coming...I read your post when you said..."This is not good!" :lol::lol: Plus, once I get something of my chest I am good to go!! Didn't want to stew in the foolishness all day!

Blessings,

(L) Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Rhonda,

You seem to be pretty cool in my short period of time here. I do not wish to sound like I am jumping on your case for your opinion, but I feel in this case, we will have to continue to beat a dead horse because I'm coming in late.

With that said, you no longer have the luxury to say you are tired of everyone making things a race issue, or to bury your head in the sand like the racial struggle is of a bygone era buried with our forefathers. You are happily married to a BLACK man, albeit of Jamaican heritage. His skin color AND his nationality will often make him GUILTY before any crime is committed. When you get tired of hearing the racial play on certain situations, try placing your husband in that same situation. This should give you idea of the outrage we feel when these acts of hatred slap us in our BLACK faces. This could have easily happened to your husband just because of the color of skin, before he had a chance to utter a word.

I know that you wish for racial equality and for everyone to just get along (I am assuming because you are in an interracial marriage). However, you have to make yourself aware of the ONGOING struggle your husband will deal with when he leaves the comfort of your home.

I do not think any of the children involved should go without punishment for their deeds and actions. However, the punishment by all means should fit the crime...not the skin. In most states, the mere fact that the White young man pulled a gun, would merit that he be charged with the crime of attempted murder, aggravated assault or the appropriate punishment based on the fact that he initiated a crime and threatened another human being's life...whether he or his friends got hurt as result or not. The Black young men acted in self defense for all intensive purposes.

Moreover, the nooses hanging from a tree were not a childish prank, it was a hate crime through and through. I cannot believe that this fact is not obvious to some. I guess it would not truly be a hate crime unless there was a Black neck in the noose and a body hanging from it...often charred beyond recognition. Again, this was an obvious and omnious threat against another human being's life.

We cannot give it a rest and pretend it doesn't exsist because the struggle and journey is not over simply because our freedom marchers are not marching everyday on Selma or boycotting. We are hit every year with some type of hate crime news...such as the Black man being dragged to his death in Texas..simply for being a BLACK man at the wrong place and time. Or the young BLACK man that was hung from a tree outside his home...that was conveniently explained away as a suicide...although the mystery of how he got himself in the noose on the tree by himself was never explained.

Rhonda, sweetie, your struggle with race relations is FAAAARRR from over...it is actually just beginning. I hope that you love your BLACK Jamaican man for eternity...until death you do part...but growing weary of his JOURNEY is not a option in the equation.

Bwoy Jawi,

Yuh really hit the nail on the head...VERY WELL SAID, Sistren...VERY WELL INDEED!!!! If I wasn't so hurt by her comment I wish I could have voiced it the same way, with a cooler head! I don't mean any harm or ill-will to Rhonda. But her comment was completely out of order and I have NEVER been one to hold my tongue! But, hopefully she will read all of this tonight and understand our plight! Which will soon be hers.

(L) Blessings- Gill

P.S- The shoulder and neck still bothering you, eh? Sorry Girl. Feel better soon!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
, al

NEW TOPIC!!

Anyway, moving on to move pleasant things...

Did anyone see the 'Heroes' Premiere last night? It was off the hook!! I love that show!

Gill

nope it must be a great show u guys mentioned it several times im have to add that to the list of tivo shows my fav is greys anatomy and they have a spinoff starting from that on Wed called private practice, taye diggs is in , all his tv shows seem to get canceled!

LOL :lol: ...you are too Funny, JA! But it's true Taye does seem to be the kiss of death to tv series. I like Grey's Anatomy too. But I haven't been keeping up on it lately...you know the deal..too busy working and we don't have tivo out here yet :angry:

Gill

PS- Add Heroes to your Tivo list..you won't be disappointed :thumbs:

i thought it was good last night...you may have to explain some thing to me though....what is it what the eyes and the red lines between the eyes??? i only watched some of the first season so just wondering....and the cops daughter i guess she has powers as well???

i am excited about Private Practice(spin off from grey's) it looks good....

Ok Nanny,

The Heroes symbol... started with the Kensei (Japanese story) and means the evolution of beings into 'Heroes' the full extent of the symbol has not been revealed completely yet.

The little girl is not the cops daughter. She was found and protected by the cop and Mohinder Suresh (Professor's son), because she has the ability to track down all other 'Heroes' wherever they maybe in the world. So, it looks like the symbol is going to play a big part in this season.

I am very excited about it...it looks as if the second season is going to be just as good as the first! :thumbs:

So keep watching!

Gill

Gill,

What symbol ae you talking about? Are you still referring to the redness in their eyes?

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
NEW TOPIC!!

Anyway, moving on to more pleasant things...

Gill

No I didn't get a chance b/c I had to work last night. I do have it on my DVR to I will watch it later this week along w/ Prison Break.

Ohhhhh Nyse...it was GOOD!!! We will talk about it tomorrow, after you get a chance to watch it!

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
ok....why is everyone lookin at me strange??? could it be cause I am jumpin up and down screamin...doin the cabbage patch and running man at the same time (yeah I know, I am old)

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 24, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

NOA2....NOA2.....NOA2.....NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! I told you it was coming. :dance:

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
, al

NEW TOPIC!!

Gill

nope it must be a great show u guys mentioned it several times im have to add that to the list of tivo shows my fav is greys anatomy and they have a spinoff starting from that on Wed called private practice, taye diggs is in , all his tv shows seem to get canceled!

LOL :lol: ...you are too Funny, JA! But it's true Taye does seem to be the kiss of death to tv series. I like Grey's Anatomy too. But I haven't been keeping up on it lately...you know the deal..too busy working and we don't have tivo out here yet :angry:

Gill

i thought it was good last night...you may have to explain some thing to me though....what is it what the eyes and the red lines between the eyes??? i only watched some of the first season so just wondering....and the cops daughter i guess she has powers as well???

Ok Nanny,

The Heroes symbol... started with the Kensei (Japanese story) and means the evolution of beings into 'Heroes' the full extent of the symbol has not been revealed completely yet.

The little girl is not the cops daughter. She was found and protected by the cop and Mohinder Suresh (Professor's son), because she has the ability to track down all other 'Heroes' wherever they maybe in the world. So, it looks like the symbol is going to play a big part in this season.

I am very excited about it...it looks as if the second season is going to be just as good as the first! :thumbs:

So keep watching!

Gill

Gill,

What symbol ae you talking about? Are you still referring to the redness in their eyes?

This symbol, HeroesSymbol.jpg. Or at least I think that was the thing Nanny was talking about!

Gill

Oh, now that I am reading it again. Maybe nanny was talking about the New 'Hero' from Honduras and what she does!! I don't want to give away anything til you see it...We'll talk after you watch...Ok?

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
, al

NEW TOPIC!!

Gill

Gill

Ok Nanny,

So keep watching!

Gill

Gill,

This symbol, HeroesSymbol.jpg. Or at least I think that was the thing Nanny was talking about!

Gill

Oh, now that I am reading it again. Maybe nanny was talking about the New 'Hero' from Honduras and what she does!! I don't want to give away anything til you see it...We'll talk after you watch...Ok?

OMG!!! I can't wait to watch it. Oh, I thought the symbol meant something else. I was wondering why only some Heroes have it and others have the other black lines (maybe it's because of HRG). Girl, I could talk on and on about this and I don't want to take away from other topics.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Jawi mi love u...VERY well said..fabulous. we have to continue the fight for our people which they say are equal. We received part of the "freedon" now we need the "equal" we cannot ignore the facts and the reality we as BLACK people have to face. I will continue the fight for my BLACK husband, father brother and cousins. I love u guys my BLACK family.

Rhonda,

You seem to be pretty cool in my short period of time here. I do not wish to sound like I am jumping on your case for your opinion, but I feel in this case, we will have to continue to beat a dead horse because I'm coming in late.

With that said, you no longer have the luxury to say you are tired of everyone making things a race issue, or to bury your head in the sand like the racial struggle is of a bygone era buried with our forefathers. You are happily married to a BLACK man, albeit of Jamaican heritage. His skin color AND his nationality will often make him GUILTY before any crime is committed. When you get tired of hearing the racial play on certain situations, try placing your husband in that same situation. This should give you idea of the outrage we feel when these acts of hatred slap us in our BLACK faces. This could have easily happened to your husband just because of the color of skin, before he had a chance to utter a word.

I know that you wish for racial equality and for everyone to just get along (I am assuming because you are in an interracial marriage). However, you have to make yourself aware of the ONGOING struggle your husband will deal with when he leaves the comfort of your home.

I do not think any of the children involved should go without punishment for their deeds and actions. However, the punishment by all means should fit the crime...not the skin. In most states, the mere fact that the White young man pulled a gun, would merit that he be charged with the crime of attempted murder, aggravated assault or the appropriate punishment based on the fact that he initiated a crime and threatened another human being's life...whether he or his friends got hurt as result or not. The Black young men acted in self defense for all intensive purposes.

Moreover, the nooses hanging from a tree were not a childish prank, it was a hate crime through and through. I cannot believe that this fact is not obvious to some. I guess it would not truly be a hate crime unless there was a Black neck in the noose and a body hanging from it...often charred beyond recognition. Again, this was an obvious and omnious threat against another human being's life.

We cannot give it a rest and pretend it doesn't exsist because the struggle and journey is not over simply because our freedom marchers are not marching everyday on Selma or boycotting. We are hit every year with some type of hate crime news...such as the Black man being dragged to his death in Texas..simply for being a BLACK man at the wrong place and time. Or the young BLACK man that was hung from a tree outside his home...that was conveniently explained away as a suicide...although the mystery of how he got himself in the noose on the tree by himself was never explained.

Rhonda, sweetie, your struggle with race relations is FAAAARRR from over...it is actually just beginning. I hope that you love your BLACK Jamaican man for eternity...until death you do part...but growing weary of his JOURNEY is not a option in the equation.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
That is for sure. Have to support the fight for justice no matter the dawg gone color of ur skin

Let me ask you this, how would you feel if you were the mother of the kid who got beat up? Would you want the bully's to get away with it and get no punishment whatsoever? Those 6 boys were in the wrong no matter how you look at it.

I don't think you EVER heard anyone condone the boys for the fighting...nor say that they shouldn't be punished. It is all about the inequality of punishment in society mainly where it involves black males. Don't say you don't want to open up a can of worms then make a statement like this because that is EXACTLY what you wanted to do! In answer to your question...If my son had gotten beaten up I would first be angry and would want the ones involved punished. If the punishment was for attempted murder for a street fight where my son had a black eye and wasn't hospitalized...was able to attend a school function the same night...had no major injuries such as broken or fractured bones then I would want an assault charge filed but not attempted MURDER for teenage boys when the shoe could have easily been on the other shoe being that my son is black also....now IF I WAS WHITE...I may have the feelings of many whites of white priviledge thus yes I would want them tried for ATTEMPTED MURDER and then I would also see nothing wrong with the 3 nooses hanging from the tree and maybe make jokes that "oh, don't take it so seriously...they were only playing" or see no wrong in the incidents of the black boys being charged for theft of a gun because they restled it from the white boy who was threatening to shoot them. I really hope you look further at situations than the surface as to only see that the boys were wrong and that the protest were about them having no punishment!

I wasn't going to add anything to the comments being said....but....please keep in mind that this is from **MY** own personal experience.

I'm 100% caucasian and so is my son. Most of my friends and then also my sons friends are black...male & female. I've liked (and listen to) hip/hop, reggae, soul and R&B music since I think I was in the 3rd or 4th grade. I've gone to a ton of "black" concerts, functions, etc etc. Now, as a white woman, I have personally received tons and TONS of stares, rolling of eyes and have even had comments made to me about the music that I listen to from black....mostly women...... over the many years. I blow it off cause it's stupid. I was raised in a home where the word "n..r" was used almost everyday....still does. I think it again, is just ignorant & stupid!!! I have not raised my son to see color and tell him .... You do NOT like (or not like) a person just because of the color of their skin!!! I never dated a "certain color" (before I got married), I dated ...the guy, didn't matter his color. Now that I'm with (and married) to a black man....so what, just happens to be the color of his skin. We both don't "see color" our different colors.....but....the LOOKS and comments we get, again, from mostly black women totally and absolutely blows my mind !!!!

So I guess the point I'm trying to make ...it is the way we are (or our children) are raised and are being raised. If you are "taught" to fight....than they will fight. If you are "taught" to make racial comments/slurs ....than that's what the child/teenager will do. It is completely UNacceptable in my house, even by his black friends, to make comments OR even say the "n" word. I won't tolerate it at all !!!! They all know it too and completely respect me. If they behave in a way that is inappropriate (or try to, in my home), than I tell them...the acceptable way to act. Even though "I" know that it is totally appropriate in their home/environment. My son will make a comment that someone, say from his high school soccer team (a sophomore) is being a total jerk and that he wants to just "bop" them ....I tell him IGNORE that person and don't give them the satisfaction of being such an a&& !!!

I remember back about 20 yrs ago, I drove from Maryland down to Florida with 2 black friends (guys) ....wow, the BS that was said and looks given to us !!! I remember going to the gas station and the attendant popped open his door JUST to watch us. We were being goofy. I'm sure he thought that "I" was being kidnapped!! We all just laughed about it.

It makes ME sick to DEATH that our country, even today, we still live with these absoLUTELY ridiculous prejudices !!!!! Come on....can't we all just GET ALONG ?????!!!!!!

I'm not trying to offend anyone at all, just giving you *my* personal experiences.

I understand your experiences, and to be stared at just because you are married to a Black man is crazy...and it is not cool. You stated that if a child is "taught" to fight or sees certain things done in their household...then their actions will reflect the same. However, you are contradicting yourself because you came from the same "said" environment...but you are convinced that you are different from your parents, and race does not matter to you. Care to clarify? You made an assumption that the Black boys were taught to fight at home. That may or may not be true, but you can't make that assumption without the same assumption being made about you because of your family background. Just a thought.

Understand "my" experiences??? um....I don't think so. I get stared at just because I'm listening to music that I love, just so happens to be R&B/hip Hop, reggae, soul, etc. So do you get stares and rolling of the eyes from white people when you're with your black man ???

It is not an assumption, and if you read my post, I didn't associate fighting with a "color"!!! I said, if you are taught to fight, than you'll go out and fight, etc etc...... there's no color on that stupidity !!!! Shoot....go to a bar and these teenagers (well 21 yr olds)....WHITE BOYS fight all the flippin time, absolutely and totally ridiculous over petty stuff !!!

I also had said ....from **my** personal experiences ...meaning my sons black friends (male/female) and 98% of his black friends are "city" kids. One of the boys fathers tells him (cause the boy has told me), if someone says something he doesn't agree with...beat him down and I tell this boy constantly...........no, that's not how you're "supposed" to react!!!! He's a VERY veeeery angry boy, but....it is totally the way he is being raised ... "positive role model parents"....not!!! Trust me, it would break your heart if I told you the stories with this boy, it's completely unbelievable. Most recently how his flippin mother BIT him in her rage/anger and he came running to our house for safety!!! Another one of his other close friends father was shot and killed on his door step 1 week before school let out in June....random act of robbery.

I am absolutely and totally different from my parents!!! My parents and I, like I've mentioned in the past, are not close, never have been because they are just way to ignorant for me and I've told them that a million times! I've asked them how on earth can they judge someone by JUST their skin color??? because "I" personally do not get that!! I don't walk around saying this person is a "n" and that person is a "n" !! I'm SOOO far from being "racist" !!! I'm the only person in ALL of my family that has friends of all races, colors, shapes and sizes. My brother, sister, cousins AND parents do not and I'm not sure why that is!!!! I personally DO NOT "see color"....I see THE PERSON !!! I've also experienced our "welfare" system (years and years ago) and you wanna talk about prejudiceness towards white people!! Me being an educated white woman and just in need of some help?? I had to flippin jump through hoops!!!

It SUCKS, once again, really REALLY sucks how this country and especially in certain areas that "different races/colors" can't and won't get along. It's stupid, really stupid !!!

Timeline

Kelly, I hate any kind of discrimination based on color whether it be black or white. I seen many many black people jump thru those same hoops when trying to help when in need. I have seen white people LIVE on welfare as well as black people for years. It is hard for the people sho need it in their hard times, that have something but just not enough. I do feel u on the whole staring thing..just not acceptable, but then again is this a reaction to what they have been taught for so many years? Can not get past a "white" woman being with "their" black men b/c of the hatred they dealt with for so long. people get mad when u listen to "their" music b/c black people faught hard to have something to call their own ? These r questions. I on the other hand do not give a rats a$$ who or what anyone dates.

That is for sure. Have to support the fight for justice no matter the dawg gone color of ur skin

Let me ask you this, how would you feel if you were the mother of the kid who got beat up? Would you want the bully's to get away with it and get no punishment whatsoever? Those 6 boys were in the wrong no matter how you look at it.

I don't think you EVER heard anyone condone the boys for the fighting...nor say that they shouldn't be punished. It is all about the inequality of punishment in society mainly where it involves black males. Don't say you don't want to open up a can of worms then make a statement like this because that is EXACTLY what you wanted to do! In answer to your question...If my son had gotten beaten up I would first be angry and would want the ones involved punished. If the punishment was for attempted murder for a street fight where my son had a black eye and wasn't hospitalized...was able to attend a school function the same night...had no major injuries such as broken or fractured bones then I would want an assault charge filed but not attempted MURDER for teenage boys when the shoe could have easily been on the other shoe being that my son is black also....now IF I WAS WHITE...I may have the feelings of many whites of white priviledge thus yes I would want them tried for ATTEMPTED MURDER and then I would also see nothing wrong with the 3 nooses hanging from the tree and maybe make jokes that "oh, don't take it so seriously...they were only playing" or see no wrong in the incidents of the black boys being charged for theft of a gun because they restled it from the white boy who was threatening to shoot them. I really hope you look further at situations than the surface as to only see that the boys were wrong and that the protest were about them having no punishment!

I wasn't going to add anything to the comments being said....but....please keep in mind that this is from **MY** own personal experience.

I'm 100% caucasian and so is my son. Most of my friends and then also my sons friends are black...male & female. I've liked (and listen to) hip/hop, reggae, soul and R&B music since I think I was in the 3rd or 4th grade. I've gone to a ton of "black" concerts, functions, etc etc. Now, as a white woman, I have personally received tons and TONS of stares, rolling of eyes and have even had comments made to me about the music that I listen to from black....mostly women...... over the many years. I blow it off cause it's stupid. I was raised in a home where the word "n..r" was used almost everyday....still does. I think it again, is just ignorant & stupid!!! I have not raised my son to see color and tell him .... You do NOT like (or not like) a person just because of the color of their skin!!! I never dated a "certain color" (before I got married), I dated ...the guy, didn't matter his color. Now that I'm with (and married) to a black man....so what, just happens to be the color of his skin. We both don't "see color" our different colors.....but....the LOOKS and comments we get, again, from mostly black women totally and absolutely blows my mind !!!!

So I guess the point I'm trying to make ...it is the way we are (or our children) are raised and are being raised. If you are "taught" to fight....than they will fight. If you are "taught" to make racial comments/slurs ....than that's what the child/teenager will do. It is completely UNacceptable in my house, even by his black friends, to make comments OR even say the "n" word. I won't tolerate it at all !!!! They all know it too and completely respect me. If they behave in a way that is inappropriate (or try to, in my home), than I tell them...the acceptable way to act. Even though "I" know that it is totally appropriate in their home/environment. My son will make a comment that someone, say from his high school soccer team (a sophomore) is being a total jerk and that he wants to just "bop" them ....I tell him IGNORE that person and don't give them the satisfaction of being such an a&& !!!

I remember back about 20 yrs ago, I drove from Maryland down to Florida with 2 black friends (guys) ....wow, the BS that was said and looks given to us !!! I remember going to the gas station and the attendant popped open his door JUST to watch us. We were being goofy. I'm sure he thought that "I" was being kidnapped!! We all just laughed about it.

It makes ME sick to DEATH that our country, even today, we still live with these absoLUTELY ridiculous prejudices !!!!! Come on....can't we all just GET ALONG ?????!!!!!!

I'm not trying to offend anyone at all, just giving you *my* personal experiences.

I understand your experiences, and to be stared at just because you are married to a Black man is crazy...and it is not cool. You stated that if a child is "taught" to fight or sees certain things done in their household...then their actions will reflect the same. However, you are contradicting yourself because you came from the same "said" environment...but you are convinced that you are different from your parents, and race does not matter to you. Care to clarify? You made an assumption that the Black boys were taught to fight at home. That may or may not be true, but you can't make that assumption without the same assumption being made about you because of your family background. Just a thought.

Understand "my" experiences??? um....I don't think so. I get stared at just because I'm listening to music that I love, just so happens to be R&B/hip Hop, reggae, soul, etc. So do you get stares and rolling of the eyes from white people when you're with your black man ???

It is not an assumption, and if you read my post, I didn't associate fighting with a "color"!!! I said, if you are taught to fight, than you'll go out and fight, etc etc...... there's no color on that stupidity !!!! Shoot....go to a bar and these teenagers (well 21 yr olds)....WHITE BOYS fight all the flippin time, absolutely and totally ridiculous over petty stuff !!!

I also had said ....from **my** personal experiences ...meaning my sons black friends (male/female) and 98% of his black friends are "city" kids. One of the boys fathers tells him (cause the boy has told me), if someone says something he doesn't agree with...beat him down and I tell this boy constantly...........no, that's not how you're "supposed" to react!!!! He's a VERY veeeery angry boy, but....it is totally the way he is being raised ... "positive role model parents"....not!!! Trust me, it would break your heart if I told you the stories with this boy, it's completely unbelievable. Most recently how his flippin mother BIT him in her rage/anger and he came running to our house for safety!!! Another one of his other close friends father was shot and killed on his door step 1 week before school let out in June....random act of robbery.

I am absolutely and totally different from my parents!!! My parents and I, like I've mentioned in the past, are not close, never have been because they are just way to ignorant for me and I've told them that a million times! I've asked them how on earth can they judge someone by JUST their skin color??? because "I" personally do not get that!! I don't walk around saying this person is a "n" and that person is a "n" !! I'm SOOO far from being "racist" !!! I'm the only person in ALL of my family that has friends of all races, colors, shapes and sizes. My brother, sister, cousins AND parents do not and I'm not sure why that is!!!! I personally DO NOT "see color"....I see THE PERSON !!! I've also experienced our "welfare" system (years and years ago) and you wanna talk about prejudiceness towards white people!! Me being an educated white woman and just in need of some help?? I had to flippin jump through hoops!!!

It SUCKS, once again, really REALLY sucks how this country and especially in certain areas that "different races/colors" can't and won't get along. It's stupid, really stupid !!!

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi mi love u...VERY well said..fabulous. we have to continue the fight for our people which they say are equal. We received part of the "freedon" now we need the "equal" we cannot ignore the facts and the reality we as BLACK people have to face. I will continue the fight for my BLACK husband, father brother and cousins. I love u guys my BLACK family.

Rhonda,

Love you too babes!!! ***mmmuaaah****

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Kelly, I hate any kind of discrimination based on color whether it be black or white. I seen many many black people jump thru those same hoops when trying to help when in need. I have seen white people LIVE on welfare as well as black people for years. It is hard for the people sho need it in their hard times, that have something but just not enough. I do feel u on the whole staring thing..just not acceptable, but then again is this a reaction to what they have been taught for so many years? Can not get past a "white" woman being with "their" black men b/c of the hatred they dealt with for so long. people get mad when u listen to "their" music b/c black people faught hard to have something to call their own ? These r questions. I on the other hand do not give a rats a$$ who or what anyone dates.

But when did R&B, hip/hop & Soul become **just** for black folk ???? Here it is....being taught that --then again is this a reaction to what they have been taught for so many years? ...okay, isn't *that* being racist ???

I mean if a black woman dates a white man, who cares???? I've never said, oh my gosh....why is she with "my" white man??? More power to her....if they are happy, that's awesome !!! A close friend of mine (woman), who is black would only date white men and, now she's married to a white guy. My guy friends that are black (most of them) will only date/marry white women.......but see, I just don't get that ****only**** dating a certain color/race ??? I've never been a person to do that !!

Have any of the black women on here dated or been in a serious relationship with a white man or another "color"?? If not..........why not ????

Timeline

Understand "my" experiences??? um....I don't think so. I get stared at just because I'm listening to music that I love, just so happens to be R&B/hip Hop, reggae, soul, etc. So do you get stares and rolling of the eyes from white people when you're with your black man ??? I said I understand your experiences because I have dated outside of my race before...and I had the same reactions from Indians, White people and Black people. What they thought of my relationship did not make or break me. I listen to Country/Western, Pop, etc as well...again doesn't matter to me what others think of that. I CANNOT and will not ever understand or tolerate ROCK...but different topic...I digress.

It is not an assumption, and if you read my post, I didn't associate fighting with a "color"!!! I said, if you are taught to fight, than you'll go out and fight, etc etc...... there's no color on that stupidity !!!! Shoot....go to a bar and these teenagers (well 21 yr olds)....WHITE BOYS fight all the flippin time, absolutely and totally ridiculous over petty stuff !!! I also never said that you mentioned a color in fighting. I was simply advising you not to blame their home life on their actions, because you are a vastly different product of what your parents attempted to instill in you. I agree that a person can be a product of their environment "not just home life" because they do not have the will power or knowledge to seek better or a different way. I did not bring up color...just letting you know that the same argument could be said when you tell people how you were raised...NEVER meant to imply that you were racist in the slightest. woooo-SAAAHHH (say it with me) wwwwwwwwoooooo-SAAAAHHH.

I also had said ....from **my** personal experiences ...meaning my sons black friends (male/female) and 98% of his black friends are "city" kids. One of the boys fathers tells him (cause the boy has told me), if someone says something he doesn't agree with...beat him down and I tell this boy constantly...........no, that's not how you're "supposed" to react!!!! He's a VERY veeeery angry boy, but....it is totally the way he is being raised ... "positive role model parents"....not!!! Trust me, it would break your heart if I told you the stories with this boy, it's completely unbelievable. Most recently how his flippin mother BIT him in her rage/anger and he came running to our house for safety!!! Another one of his other close friends father was shot and killed on his door step 1 week before school let out in June....random act of robbery. Again, I think he is acting this way because of all the abuse he has suffered, and the amount of violence he witnesses. This is one instance. However, there are countless instances in which the person rose above their circumstances and environment with a will to be different...I came name two of the top. Guess who??? YOU and ME. I could tell you HORROR stories as well...but I am not a product of my circumstances, how I was raised or my home life....I am a PRODUCT of my LORD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST.

I am absolutely and totally different from my parents!!! My parents and I, like I've mentioned in the past, are not close, never have been because they are just way to ignorant for me and I've told them that a million times! I've asked them how on earth can they judge someone by JUST their skin color??? because "I" personally do not get that!! I don't walk around saying this person is a "n" and that person is a "n" !! I'm SOOO far from being "racist" !!! I'm the only person in ALL of my family that has friends of all races, colors, shapes and sizes. My brother, sister, cousins AND parents do not and I'm not sure why that is!!!! I personally DO NOT "see color"....I see THE PERSON !!! I've also experienced our "welfare" system (years and years ago) and you wanna talk about prejudiceness towards white people!! Me being an educated white woman and just in need of some help?? I had to flippin jump through hoops!!! I don't see color either...and I hate that you have had to endure so much animosity from BLACK women. But, I am a BLACK woman...and I came in and loving took your welcome...your embrace and offered my love right back to you...guess what??? I KNEW YOU MARRIED a BLACK JAMAICAN man. I get eye rolls and stares and the like from Black women, White people and Jamaican people because I'm cute and fabulous and I know it. LOL. I am heavier than I would like to be...but I get the looks of how did she get him because I don't do ugly. LMAO. I am not your enemy as a Black woman. I wish you much success and Godly favor on your marriage to show the naysayers that it can be done. Playing devil's advocate, have you thought about it could be a combination of you being a White older woman with a younger Black man? I can only take you at face value, and how you treat me and mine. I don't give a rat's pahtoody about the color of your skin baby girl. *mmmmuuuuuaaaahhhh*

Me being an EDUCATED BLACK woman...set a standard and refused to use welfare...because I wasn't too proud to flip burgers at McDonald's...so I can't speak on that experience. I wish I could get food stamps though!!! LOL

It SUCKS, once again, really REALLY sucks how this country and especially in certain areas that "different races/colors" can't and won't get along. It's stupid, really stupid !!! I agree with you wholeheartedly. It really is bad when stereotypes are what people use to judge another person period. It doesn't have to be a racial stereotype either. I hate the whole "Stella Got Her Groove Back" stereotype too. I hate the stereotype that people think an older woman can't be with a younger man...and the list could go on and on. Calm down and don't make me the enemy because my Black sisters don't understand or wish to understand your marriage. LEAN WITH ROCK WITH IT GIRL!!! :dance:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

Understand "my" experiences??? um....I don't think so. I get stared at just because I'm listening to music that I love, just so happens to be R&B/hip Hop, reggae, soul, etc. So do you get stares and rolling of the eyes from white people when you're with your black man ??? I said I understand your experiences because I have dated outside of my race before...and I had the same reactions from Indians, White people and Black people. What they thought of my relationship did not make or break me. I listen to Country/Western, Pop, etc as well...again doesn't matter to me what others think of that. I CANNOT and will not ever understand or tolerate ROCK...but different topic...I digress.

It is not an assumption, and if you read my post, I didn't associate fighting with a "color"!!! I said, if you are taught to fight, than you'll go out and fight, etc etc...... there's no color on that stupidity !!!! Shoot....go to a bar and these teenagers (well 21 yr olds)....WHITE BOYS fight all the flippin time, absolutely and totally ridiculous over petty stuff !!! I also never said that you mentioned a color in fighting. I was simply advising you not to blame their home life on their actions, because you are a vastly different product of what your parents attempted to instill in you. I agree that a person can be a product of their environment "not just home life" because they do not have the will power or knowledge to seek better or a different way. I did not bring up color...just letting you know that the same argument could be said when you tell people how you were raised...NEVER meant to imply that you were racist in the slightest. woooo-SAAAHHH (say it with me) wwwwwwwwoooooo-SAAAAHHH.

I also had said ....from **my** personal experiences ...meaning my sons black friends (male/female) and 98% of his black friends are "city" kids. One of the boys fathers tells him (cause the boy has told me), if someone says something he doesn't agree with...beat him down and I tell this boy constantly...........no, that's not how you're "supposed" to react!!!! He's a VERY veeeery angry boy, but....it is totally the way he is being raised ... "positive role model parents"....not!!! Trust me, it would break your heart if I told you the stories with this boy, it's completely unbelievable. Most recently how his flippin mother BIT him in her rage/anger and he came running to our house for safety!!! Another one of his other close friends father was shot and killed on his door step 1 week before school let out in June....random act of robbery. Again, I think he is acting this way because of all the abuse he has suffered, and the amount of violence he witnesses. This is one instance. However, there are countless instances in which the person rose above their circumstances and environment with a will to be different...I came name two of the top. Guess who??? YOU and ME. I could tell you HORROR stories as well...but I am not a product of my circumstances, how I was raised or my home life....I am a PRODUCT of my LORD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST.

I am absolutely and totally different from my parents!!! My parents and I, like I've mentioned in the past, are not close, never have been because they are just way to ignorant for me and I've told them that a million times! I've asked them how on earth can they judge someone by JUST their skin color??? because "I" personally do not get that!! I don't walk around saying this person is a "n" and that person is a "n" !! I'm SOOO far from being "racist" !!! I'm the only person in ALL of my family that has friends of all races, colors, shapes and sizes. My brother, sister, cousins AND parents do not and I'm not sure why that is!!!! I personally DO NOT "see color"....I see THE PERSON !!! I've also experienced our "welfare" system (years and years ago) and you wanna talk about prejudiceness towards white people!! Me being an educated white woman and just in need of some help?? I had to flippin jump through hoops!!! I don't see color either...and I hate that you have had to endure so much animosity from BLACK women. But, I am a BLACK woman...and I came in and loving took your welcome...your embrace and offered my love right back to you...guess what??? I KNEW YOU MARRIED a BLACK JAMAICAN man. I get eye rolls and stares and the like from Black women, White people and Jamaican people because I'm cute and fabulous and I know it. LOL. I am heavier than I would like to be...but I get the looks of how did she get him because I don't do ugly. LMAO. I am not your enemy as a Black woman. I wish you much success and Godly favor on your marriage to show the naysayers that it can be done. Playing devil's advocate, have you thought about it could be a combination of you being a White older woman with a younger Black man? I can only take you at face value, and how you treat me and mine. I don't give a rat's pahtoody about the color of your skin baby girl. *mmmmuuuuuaaaahhhh*

Me being an EDUCATED BLACK woman...set a standard and refused to use welfare...because I wasn't too proud to flip burgers at McDonald's...so I can't speak on that experience. I wish I could get food stamps though!!! LOL

It SUCKS, once again, really REALLY sucks how this country and especially in certain areas that "different races/colors" can't and won't get along. It's stupid, really stupid !!! I agree with you wholeheartedly. It really is bad when stereotypes are what people use to judge another person period. It doesn't have to be a racial stereotype either. I hate the whole "Stella Got Her Groove Back" stereotype too. I hate the stereotype that people think an older woman can't be with a younger man...and the list could go on and on. Calm down and don't make me the enemy because my Black sisters don't understand or wish to understand your marriage. LEAN WITH ROCK WITH IT GIRL!!! :dance:

I tried to edit...but it wouldn't submit. Kelly, I wanted to say that I apologize for adding the Black boys to your fighting comment. :blush:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

But when did R&B, hip/hop & Soul become **just** for black folk ???? Here it is....being taught that --then again is this a reaction to what they have been taught for so many years? ...okay, isn't *that* being racist ???

I mean if a black woman dates a white man, who cares???? I've never said, oh my gosh....why is she with "my" white man??? More power to her....if they are happy, that's awesome !!! A close friend of mine (woman), who is black would only date white men and, now she's married to a white guy. My guy friends that are black (most of them) will only date/marry white women.......but see, I just don't get that ****only**** dating a certain color/race ??? I've never been a person to do that !!

Have any of the black women on here dated or been in a serious relationship with a white man or another "color"?? If not..........why not ????

When we first started corresponding (you and me)...and I asked you all the questions...I told you that I had. But, as I got older I found I was more compatible with a man of African heritage. I get all kind of rude comments because I have dated more than one Jamaican man. Water off a duck's back. *shrug*

I find many men of Caucasian heritage attractive. I am absolute mush around my company's CEO (the older he gets...the fine....errr where was I?) Dang...why did you make me have lustful thoughts for someone other than my sweetie??? CHA... :help::devil::blush:

I thought I had a very serious relationship with a guy from India...until he laid it all on the line and told me that we probably wouldn't have a long future together because he would eventually have to participate in his arranged marriage so his parents didn't feel dishonored. His parents knew about me and love me...but I didn't know they were only okay with me because he was sowing his royal oats. :angry::o:no::huh:

I will never say I understand a person's plight unless I have walked a mile in a duplicate pair of the shoes they were wearing.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.